• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Legends have a habit of signing for someone else and doubling their wages. The only one doing any binning is the player on pay day.

The term legend is used far too loosely nowadays.

Look at Tilson..his hands were tied as that team slipped into another relegation..don't pay players and the rest is history.

Tilson...Maher...Bazza....proper legends IMO.

Legends have a habit of signing for someone else and doubling their wages. The only one doing any binning is the player on pay day.

Indeed, and I admit my memory isn't great great, but I can't recall that many legends we've binned

No one has a short memory but the fact is we were getting thrashed every week with Barrett in the squad, are you suggesting we should have forced Brown into playing him just so he wouldn't feel cast out? Results have to come before sentiment.

As we were getting thrashed with 10 other players on the pitch in a Blue shirt. How come you are apportioning all blame on Barrett???????

As we were getting thrashed with 10 other players on the pitch in a Blue shirt. How come you are apportioning all blame on Barrett???????

Exactly,

Bazza was to blame for every goal conceded and every defeat according to some on here....crazy.

I'm not, we were crap in general but the man is 37 and the Ferdinand/Thompson combination is better than him and he's only going to deteriorate further. If we can free up his wages then we can probably find a decent 3rd choice CB in case of injury. Honestly I think something probably has gone on (behind the scenes, there will be than just one quote) since Matsuzaka is getting on the bench ahead of him but if that's the case there's no point causing a rift getting him back in the squad when we seem to be playing well.

This term legend is banded around a lot ! I saw it used for Maher the other day. I loved Maher , always did , I always remember however a certain Maher being booed so badly by the fans , that he could only play in away games . So lets not always be quick to tarnish the club or management for treatment of players shall we.

Indeed, for his first few seasons at Roots Hall his nickname was "Night".

Barrett has been a good servant to this club, but his days where always numbered, interesting that as Prosser found out last year comment strongly against manager and a certain player AB, he never played again for the blues even giving over 100% in most games, interesting what goes around, comes around, sorry AB you have a manager that want input provided it agrees with his.

Exactly,

Bazza was to blame for every goal conceded and every defeat according to some on here....crazy.

Find me anyone that has said it was all AB's fault ! These 2 responses are rubbish and inserting what YOU BOTH want people to be saying !!! What people are saying is , that Ferdinand and Thommo have been the more successful pairing this season , or do you disagree with this ?

Find me anyone that has said it was all AB's fault ! These 2 responses are rubbish and inserting what YOU BOTH want people to be saying !!! What people are saying is , that Ferdinand and Thommo have been the more successful pairing this season , or do you disagree with this ?

Ferdy and Tommo have been fantastic and yes Bazza will not shift them ,no complaints from me on that situation.

When he rejoined us ??? What's that got to do with this season ! We were getting mauled this season ! Provide the stats for this season with and without AB !

I will ignore the player power thing ... as that's heresay, please provide me the stats, come on MrsStat ! Also, i wouldn't say personally that intimating a relegation battle is brave so early in the season , I'd call that surrender !

Trouble with that is the formation changed because Barrett spoke out. Barrett was also dropped because he spoke out, just like Prosser, just like Bolger.

Stats with and without Barrett in the team wouldn't be an accurate assessment because of the very fact the the formation and tactics changed at the same time as PB black balled Barrett because he told him things weren't right and needed changing. Enough people know what has really gone on from start to finish, and I mean what's really gone on, not your 'Barrett wasn't good enough' tripe. The post Rochdale chat between PB and AB, the ostracising of AB, training with the youths, not being able to take an U21 game to get his coaching badge. In actaul fact, at times PB was asking AB for advice because he didn't have a clue what to do

Now I wouldn't play Barrett as first choice now and Ferdy and Thommo are playing well but I would have Barrett on the bench. I know he has been injured some of the time, but not all of it so the spitefulness of PB continues.

Trouble with that is the formation changed because Barrett spoke out. Barrett was also dropped because he spoke out, just like Prosser, just like Bolger.

Stats with and without Barrett in the team wouldn't be an accurate assessment because of the very fact the the formation and tactics changed at the same time as PB black balled Barrett because he told him things weren't right and needed changing. Enough people know what has really gone on from start to finish, and I mean what's really gone on, not your 'Barrett wasn't good enough' tripe. The post Rochdale chat between PB and AB, the ostracising of AB, training with the youths, not being able to take an U21 game to get his coaching badge. In actaul fact, at times PB was asking AB for advice because he didn't have a clue what to do

Now I wouldn't play Barrett as first choice now and Ferdy and Thommo are playing well but I would have Barrett on the bench. I know he has been injured some of the time, but not all of it so the spitefulness of PB continues.
Seriously. You have a personal dislike of the manager. Fin. Everyone to their own.
But whenjoy you disguise your personal dislike of a successful Southend United manager with the argument above? Honestly
Adam Barrett is too old. He talked relegation. We went 12 unbeaten.
On what basis does your argument have any credibility.
Oh I wish we had continued talking relegation and went 12 without winning...but with AB put above the club.

Seriously. You have a personal dislike of the manager. Fine. Everyone to their own.
But when you disguise your personal dislike of a successful Southend United manager with the argument above? Honestly
Oh I wish we had continued talking relegation and went 12 without winning...but with AB put above the club.

Last edited:
Seriously. You have a personal dislike of the manager. Fin. Everyone to their own.
But whenjoy you disguise your personal dislike of a successful Southend United manager with the argument above? Honestly

He has been hung out...which is silly because any CB injuries and he can slot in....no games no match fitness.

Open your eyes. Barrett talked relegation battle and rightly so at the time when the tactics and formation was wrong. Believe what you like, once Barrett has left, the truth will come out and there will be plenty in here with their tail between their legs

Open your eyes. Barrett talked relegation battle and rightly so at the time when the tactics and formation was wrong. Believe what you like, once Barrett has left, the truth will come out and there will be plenty in here with their tail between their legs

We were not in a relegation fight, it's was 8 games into the season and we were 2 points from mid table, why can't you see that!!

Who cares what comes out after, yes he's a legend, but I'm sorry he wasn't good enough last season and also not this season, so no complaints from me.

As for being on the bench, why and for who?

He has been hung out...which is silly because any CB injuries and he can slot in....no games no match fitness.

Mrs B. He will still be too old and too slow tomorrow..and next week...and next year.
Why would we want to turn to a Southend United legend - who is just no longer good enough????
You want to lose games just to play AB????

My hero is Billy Best. But I am honest enough to say that if we do not give him another game soon...he MAY, just may...become too old and too slow.
It can MAYBE happen to the very, very best. Is life!

My hero is Billy Best. But I am honest enough to say that if we do not give him another game soon...he MAY, just may...become too old and too slow.
It can MAYBE happen to the very, very best. Is life!

That maybe so but where does treating him like ***** fit in?

That maybe so but where does treating him like ***** fit in?
Hopefully nowhere. He is being paid for doing very little. What does someone who has been dropped want? Apologies with every team selection?
If there is any problem between PB and AB...it has happened since the club capain announced we were relegation candidates after 8 games. Who let who down??
I wish Adam had retired after his magnificent captain's performance at Wembley. .but he is a professional and wanted to play on as long as possible.
And he has.

Back