• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

McNasty

Apologies for the loss of service this evening but don't let that take anything away from our magnificent victory tonight.

Sounded like a superb performance on BBC Essex, looking forward to reports back from the lucky Shrimpers who attended and the Sky Goals...:smile:

I remember, in the 90-91 promotion season, attending the 4-1 win at Swansea on a Tuesday night, if anyone recalls it.

Sounded just like how good we were that night! :thumbsup:

Match report: Peterborough United 1, Southend United 4

SOUTHEND United proved their play-off credentials with a convincing 4-1 win at Peterborough United tonight.

More...

Here's something.

Just chatted to a mate at the game who said that none other than Ian Benjamin was in the Southend section tonight, chatting and having his photo taken with fans! :Worthy:

Here's something.

Just chatted to a mate at the game who said that none other than Ian Benjamin was in the Southend section tonight, chatting and having his photo taken with fans! :Worthy:

Only averaged 0.27 goals per game, what did he ever do for us? :winking:

Great result and we move up another league place, at least for the time being. Looking forward to reading the views of those who made the trip. This was a tricky one on paper, so full credit to all of the players and staff for what sounded like about as professional a performance as we could have hoped for. Onwards!

Dirty sick bug grounds me again, and yet again we win .... I'm taking these for the team!
Credit to the club, the manager and the fans. Incredible run this and knocking all the difficult skittles down. I even found myself looking at Scunthorpe's fixtures (and Bolton's) near the end.

Fantastic result as I said on another thread let's take a big support to Gillingham this Saturday.:happy:

Massive result tonight , huge credit needs to go to Brown for getting Fortune to sign, reminds me of Goater in that he is a class act and just seems to rub off on people with his workrate and effort .
Many A ex prem player could of come here looked at what we are and put in half hearted performances but he has worked his socks of and that's what I've liked about him the most .

Fair play to Brown getting the most out of him

I remember, in the 90-91 promotion season, attending the 4-1 win at Swansea on a Tuesday night, if anyone recalls it.

Sounded just like how good we were that night! :thumbsup:

I believe I went to that - was it the game Adam Locke scored 2?

That's the very game!

We'd lost 1-0 at Grimsby in a huge game on the Saturday, but completely destroyed Swansea a few nights later.

Fantastic result, fantastic support. Not much more needs to be added
Smith 7: two marvellous saves but kicking was off for the entirety of the game
Demi 8: goal and an assist, composed on the ball and never look threatened
Thompson 7: dealt with pretty much everything thrown at him
Innis 7: ^^^^^
Coker 6.5: caught out a few times and delivery was poor today
mcglashan 6.5: showed signs of threat and skill but no real impact
Leonard 7.5: broke up play well, good distribution on the whole
Wordsworth 8: touches of brilliance and a wonderfully controlled finish
timlin 8: great goal, sloppy at times, but as committed as ever
Cox 7: showed grit, determination, and looks to be enjoying his football
MAF 9: can't fault him, MOM, hold up play immense and took his goal incredibly well.

subs didn't have a great amount of time to make a difference

UTB- quality away performance from players and fans

I'm gutted I sat in the home end.

standout performers for me were:

Thompson. he was constantly tight to their strikers and won countless headers.

MAF: held ball up very well and scored twice

iniss: similar to Thompson

leonard: did what he does every game. got stuck in and broke up play

everyone else put in a very professional performance. Ted's kicking needs some work

Great result, great win, great team spirit, great travelling support. Would have bitten your hand off for 7 points in a week especially with two tough away games during that time. Credit to PB for sticking by the players especially with some looking tired after Saturday. Massive game at The Gils Saturday, let's pack out the away end, very winnable game.

Hats off to Phil Brown he really has built an amazing squad. I am really coming round to him he has proved me wrong and long may that continue.

Timlin is by far my favourite player he just gives 110% in every aspect from the game against Stevenage in the play offs. To turning down Millwall the club he supports and loves and now the day after his son is born he makes himself available and scores. I genuinely feel good about this season!

Just chatting to Les Ferdinand on the train back to Kings Cross. He was there to watch Ryan Inniss. He was impressed with both him and Southend.

Just seen the highlights on sky, have to say impressive showing, Fortune looked a right handful

Hats off to Phil Brown he really has built an amazing squad. I am really coming round to him he has proved me wrong and long may that continue.

Timlin is by far my favourite player he just gives 110% in every aspect from the game against Stevenage in the play offs. To turning down Millwall the club he supports and loves and now the day after his son is born he makes himself available and scores. I genuinely feel good about this season!

He was summed up for me in the home playoff match v Stevenage wearing that head protector after that awful clash of heads with that other guy.

The Stevenage player didn't make it for the 2nd leg but Timlin played the full 120 minutes and scored the goal right at the death that cemented the win,

I also saw him score a right belter at Oakwell for us last year and then even further back another rocket against the Millers at the Don valley Stadium a few years ago now.

Just seen the highlights on sky, have to say impressive showing, Fortune looked a right handful

He was summed up for me in the home playoff match v Stevenage wearing that head protector after that awful clash of heads with that other guy.

The Stevenage player didn't make it for the 2nd leg but Timlin played the full 120 minutes and scored the goal right at the death that cemented the win,

I also saw him score a right belter at Oakwell for us last year and then even further back another rocket against the Millers at the Don valley Stadium a few years ago now.

I remember that goal at Rotherham, during his first loan spell with us. Absolute rocket! Won 4-1 that day too I think? Could be wrong.

Back