• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Immigration

I thought I would hang this link here as a reminder to why immigration IS a problem no matter how much the lefties want to ignore these news reports. This could have been my wife, or my children.....Tell me again why these people should be allowed to come and live here?

http://www.ipswichstar.co.uk/news/m...rope_walk_ipswich_remain_in_custody_1_4922213

One nasty and horrific attack does not proclude that all immigrants are out to murder/rape and kill. You're simply falling into the age old trap of painting everyone with the same broad brush. You may as well tar all Southend fans as violent thugs due to the Simon Dobbin incident.

One nasty and horrific attack does not proclude that all immigrants are out to murder/rape and kill. You're simply falling into the age old trap of painting everyone with the same broad brush. You may as well tar all Southend fans as violent thugs due to the Simon Dobbin incident.

You didn't answer the question. And see as you didn't can I assume you agree that he shouldn't have been allowed to come and live here given the outcome. Or are you saying that this 'nasty and horrific' (your words) attack is a price that has to be paid to have the immigration and free movement of people policy you advocate?

You didn't answer the question. And see as you didn't can I assume you agree that he shouldn't have been allowed to come and live here given the outcome. Or are you saying that this 'nasty and horrific' (your words) attack is a price that has to be paid to have the immigration and free movement of people policy you advocate?

Did they have previous? I have no idea. Are they even immigrants? I have no idea, they could very well be 2nd generation (just because they have "funny names" doesn't rule out that they were born here).

Should rapists and murders be allowed in - no, of course not but they'll still come here after Brexit. If they have no previous convictions then there is no way to stop them, and those that do will slip through the net. Maybe with a stronger mutual European network we could have had an effective way of doing so.

One nasty and horrific attack does not proclude that all immigrants are out to murder/rape and kill. You're simply falling into the age old trap of painting everyone the same broad brush. You may as well tar all Southend fans as violent thugs due to the Simon Dobbin incident.

No I'm not, I'm suggesting that we screen more rigorously the folks coming over.

Do you think these disgusting scumbags should stay or be deported?

Did they have previous? I have no idea. Are they even immigrants? I have no idea, they could very well be 2nd generation (just because they have "funny names" doesn't rule out that they were born here).

Come on now, do you really need to write condescending things and assume I'm some sort of Alf Garnett. This has nothing to do with racism, this is about vetting the "scumbags" to the extent possible. This type of event should result in compulsory deportation. Would you at least agree on that front?

No I'm not, I'm suggesting that we screen more rigorously the folks coming over.

Do you think these disgusting scumbags should stay or be deported?

Deported of course. As I said before, an integrated approach by the EU to ensure these scumbags are not allowed free movement should have been the way forward, and I believe progress on that front is still being made, despite Brexit.

Come on now, do you really need to write condescending things and assume I'm some sort of Alf Garnett. This has nothing to do with racism, this is about vetting the "scumbags" to the extent possible. This type of event should result in compulsory deportation. Would you at least agree on that front?

You painted them out as immigrants SB24. That news report says they come from the "Woodbridge area", no mention of their nationality. I assume you took that leap due to their surnames.

Immigrant bashing seems to have become the new norm in the UK (judging by SZ's post bag on politics, at least).

Shame.

I do not think it is a shame that's its become the norm, in fact it is good people are on their guard, the shameful part is certain individuals want to blame the immigrants on everything that has gone wrong from unemployment, lack of housing, downfall of the NHS and maybe Phil Browns selection on a Saturday:winking:
Education comes within your family and if you have been brought up with the attitude its all their fault, then I understand how the hatred can grow and fester, if however people are allowed to integrate and realise that there are more good ones than bad ones, then maybe we can root out the evil ones rather than fight one another

Problem nowadays people are living on false promises and disbelief in politics and hence the rise of far right groups who dress up in suits and lock into the fears and insecurity

The problem with kicking immigrants out of the UK, are the low life Brits abroad who will come back into the country and I am positive there are many

UTS

Immigrant bashing seems to have become the new norm in the UK (judging by SZ's post bag on politics, at least).

Shame.

You have quite literally, no idea!

I dare you to quit being a voyeur for a moment and live in Ipswich for a while. Come sit in our town centre in the evenings after dark. If you make it out unscathed without an unprovoked incident, and you still have nothing but positive things to say then I will happily allow you an opinion.

All very well for people to be "pro immigration" where it is not a problem, but don't be criticising someone who has to walk through it on a daily basis and be subject to hostility ! What if I retaliate? I'm a racist and probably get a criminal record. If I don't, I am seen an easy target.

Literally, every day.....Try living it.

You have quite literally, no idea!

I dare you to quit being a voyeur for a moment and live in Ipswich for a while. Come sit in our town centre in the evenings after dark. If you make it out unscathed without an unprovoked incident, and you still have nothing but positive things to say then I will happily allow you an opinion.

All very well for people to be "pro immigration" where it is not a problem
, but don't be criticising someone who has to walk through it on a daily basis and be subject to hostility ! What if I retaliate? I'm a racist and probably get a criminal record. If I don't, I am seen an easy target.

Literally, every day.....Try living it

Some time ago now-back in the 80's, my wife had some French friends who worked in Ipswich and we used to visit them fairly regularly.It was a quiet,provincial town in those days.Probably still is, for all I know.

It so happens that there are plenty of people living in the Barcelona area who come from other countries (I'm one of them myself).Don't think anyone here is all that fussed.

Get over yourself.

Some time ago now-back in the 80's, my wife had some French friends who worked in Ipswich and we used to visit them fairly regularly.It was a quiet,provincial town in those days.Probably still is, for all I know.

It so happens that there are plenty of people living in the Barcelona area who come from other countries (I'm one of them myself).Don't think anyone here is all that fussed.

Get over yourself.

You said it yourself 'for all I know'. Christ, you make yourself look stupid at times. What has an anecdotal observation from the 80's got to do with the present immigration situation of Ipswich?

Why can't you just hush your gums and accept the fact that some people, you know, those with experience and actual first-hand knowledge, know a damn sight more about a contentious subject than you do. I've said it before and I 'll say it again and again. You know absolutely naff all about what it's like to live here in the UK on a daily basis and unless you have your prattling opinions and condescending remarks hold about as much weight as a Green Party election manifesto. None

You said it yourself 'for all I know'. Christ, you make yourself look stupid at times. What has an anecdotal observation from the 80's got to do with the present immigration situation of Ipswich?

Why can't you just hush your gums and accept the fact that some people, you know, those with experience and actual first-hand knowledge, know a damn sight more about a contentious subject than you do. I've said it before and I 'll say it again and again. You know absolutely naff all about what it's like to live here in the UK on a daily basis and unless you have your prattling opinions and condescending remarks hold about as much weight as a Green Party election manifesto. None

My post was in answer to someone who invited me to spend some time in Ipswich.I pointed out that I already have.

I also compared the situation of modern day immigrants to Spain, (of which I'm one), to their perceived reception in the UK.

What is "contentious" about immigration in your opinion?

It used to be like that in Romford in the 1980s. People+alcohol=arseholes regardless of ethnicity.

Or Basildon or even Southend High Street for that matter.

Yep. Had a mate who was bottled twice, a nephew who has been beaten up and robbed a number of times. In the early 90s when I had long hair and the rest of Romford was soul-boys I often got abuse (but fortunately nothing physical).

Back