• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I've said elsewhere, all we can do is concentrate on our games and winning them. We can do no more than that - anything else is out of our hands. We have to believe that we will go on winning, and hope that one of the others will slip up.

Lenny in for Tims for me Monday, assuming both Woody and Willo are fit.

Fantastic result today and a resounding victory thoroughly enjoyed! :clap:

If Wordy is fit, it's Leonard in for Timlin for me. Keep White at left back, he's far more solid. Likely Wordsworth won't make it though, which if that's the case then Leonard and Tims in the middle.

Must play our strongest team and Coker is likely to be fit and must play.So White on the bench with Atkinson or Timlin if Wordsworth is fit.

The fact that no posts on here talks about individuals really and markings shows that we're all thinking the same - all about the results.

For what it's worth, I think John White is a class act. Excellent Right back, excellent centre back and excellent left back. Mustn't let him go.

Defence wasn't troubled today but thought Demi had a much needed good game.

Wordy was class, McLaughlin looks like he's getting a bit of form back, Atkinson was Atkinson, Timlin MOM - undroppable.

Cox, Ranger I thought were quiet. Odd really when Cox scored twice and we scored four.

Subs all looked good. Hines seemed to really want to show what he can do.

UTB.

Have Millwall not also got Oxford and Bristol Rovers? With the goal difference we just need a point or more better over the next three games- if we win ours then Millwall need to beet Fleetwood, Oxford & Bristol Rovers - Fleetwood and Bristol Rovers are away.

i think if we win our three then it will be enough- if Milwall lose to Fleetwood then two wins and a draw will be- squeaky bottom time..

indeed, and Bristol Rovers won't roll over and die . . . i can't see Millwall getting much down there ;-)

Yes, Millwall should beat Oxford, but surely won't gain six points from their matches v. Fleetwood and Bristol Rovers? So they should end up with 4, 5 or 6 points.

We should beat MK Dons and Bury, but may struggle to beat a desperate Shrewsbury away from the Hall. So we should e up with 6 or 7 points.

looking at the table I cant see Fleetwood sitting back thinking they are safe We are only 6 points behind them with 3 games left So they need at least a point to be assured Also Bradford are in the same boat .All we have to do is play our own game And try to pick up all 9 points If millwall drop any points we have the greater goat difference . As said one game at a time .

A fantastic team performance against admittedly a poor Chesterfield side.
Importantly we started off on the front foot today and pinned them back in their own half for most of the opening period. We played some nice football and looked to get the ball wide and crosses into the box at every opportunity.

Timlin and Wordsworth were great together and pulled the strings for most of the match. Macca on the left flank looked much more like his old self and carried the ball with real purpose and constantly asked questions of their back line. Cox and Ranger worked well together and were always a threat. We were first to almost every loose ball and suffocated them every time they gained possession of the ball.

Cox's calmly stroked penalty was the least we deserved from a dominant first half performance after Atkinson had been hauled down by their keeper.
The sending off of their player on 44 minutes set the scene perfectly for the second half.
After a rare Chesterfield attack which saw their striker just failing to connect with a low cross, we quickly broke forward and Wordsworth calmly slotted home John White's excellent cross in front of the vociferous Blues' following.
We then took total control of the match and looked like scoring every time we went forward. We didn't have to wait long before Cox benefitted from Ranger's hard work as he fired home into the roof of the net from close range after the afore mentioned Ranger's shot had been blocked. Fortune and Robinson then came on to good effect and the Frenchman scored with his first touch, racing through to collect Wordsworth's through ball before nut megging the keeper to wrap things up.
Credit where it's due, we played with real intelligence in the second half as we stretched them with intelligent link up play with everyone keen to get on the ball.
There were several other near misses in the last 10 minutes but the damage had already been done. A classy performance all round.

Ratings:
Walton 7 - rarely troubled, but looks so assured and in tune with his defensive colleagues
Demetriou 8 - ran up and down the right hand side all game supporting our attacks at every opportunity, putting in some great crosses.
White 8 - we are lucky to have this guy. So versatile and didn't put a foot wrong the whole match. Won every header and tackle and provided the cross for Wordsworth's goal.
Tommo - faultless. Won every challenge and looks super confident​. You'd never have known he'd been suffering all week with illness.
Ferdinand 8 - Classy, dominant and vocal. Everyone looks up to him.
Timlin 9 - just shaded mom for me. His presence in the middle of midfield was vital today. So hungry for the 3 points, his passing was good and he encouraged those around him. A real leader. Nearly scored with an audacious 40 yard chip which landed on the roof of the net.
Wordy 8 - showed real class on the ball today, grabbed a goal, worked tirelessly and struck a real partnership with Timlin which set the tone for this crucial win.
Atko 7 - His usual workman like self. Never stopped chasing and tackling and of course won the all important penalty to give us the lead.
Macca 8 - looked close to being back to his best today. He saw plenty of the ball as we looked to use the full width of the pitch. Scored with a great header towards the end of the first half which was harshly ruled out for offside.
Cox 8 - what more can you ask? Two goals, worked his socks off and intelligently took up positions in pockets of space to leave their defenders chasing shadows.
Ranger 8 - for nuisance value alone he's worth his weight in gold. So strong when in possession. He visibly tired after 60 minutes, but by then he had more than played his part.

Subs:
Hines 7 - was a clever substitution by PB I thought, obviously trying to ensure that he still feels part of the group in case he's called upon again. Showed some good skill and pace but lacked some sharpness to fully take advantage.
Robinson 7 - Worked hard and continued to pull the home side's back line all over the place. Had an emotional hug with a family member in the away end at the final whistle.
Fortune 7 - held the ball up well and scored with his first touch. Perfect cameo.

Great away following today who sang for the full 90 minutes which was fully appreciated by the players at the final whistle. A cracking day to be a blue.

Last edited:
When your 6 year old son predicts a 4-0 win, three things you should do.

1. Take him more seriously
2. Place some trust in innocent optimism
3. Put some money on it.

Alas, I did none of these things. Still a good day out though.

Have to say good win today against a very, very poor Chesterfield side. I fear had we played a stronger side today we may well have struggled slightly.
I thought John White was superb today and should without a shadow of doubt start again on Monday (providing he is fit).
Have to say at the end of the game a few of players were struggling - let's hope they can re-charge by Monday.
On the plus side at least we shall have Lenny back.

Wordy is total class...his goal was just beautiful ....one of the best ever players to wear the blue shirt.

Wordy is total class...his goal was just beautiful ....one of the best ever players to wear the blue shirt.

Or pink shirt even:winking:.

Agree he was great today, probably gets my MOM although I was tempted to say John White. Others who should get a mention are Thommo as he has been ill all week but still had to do some work especially at 0-0. McL had a much improved 90 minutes and was on-side when he scored.

Edit: hadn't seen the other pink posts.

Back