• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Well, I know you are all wanting a weather report - the B.B.C. said rain all afternoon but instead it stayed bright with just a small shower at the start of the 2nd half .............. so Chesterfield had the sprinklers on instead. Isn't that nice.

As for the match ............... well, quite dull in places considering that it was a 4-0 win but that was partly down to Chesterfield being rather poor. I take no pleasure in seeing a side relegated but that is the nature of the competition and on this showing they are down there for a reason. Goodness knows how they managed to beat Port Vale last week.

And they shot themselves in the foot with some reckless tackles that were always going to get the ref reaching for the yellow card.

As for us, we pressed in the 1st half and tackled well and played some nice passes at times but with little cutting edge until Atko broke forward and a well taken penalty from Cox (who was at times dropping into the midfield to get the ball). All in all there was very little goal mouth action and I reckon a neutral would not have been overly impressed. We weren't bad but we weren't as good as we have seen against other teams either.

And against 10 men in the 2nd half, Chesterfield came out and looked a little better in places but all that did was open up space in their half and suddenly it's 2-0 and then the team start to play with some intent and style. The subs came on and were good as well .............. let's face it, they won't get an easier opportunity to impress but even so Hines, Theo and Marc did their bit.

So, all in all a good afternoon out but I don't think we can read too much into the result. Players are back from injury and Lenny will be available as well. The game on Monday will be a much harder test but even so we needed the 3 points and we got them.

No injuries from what I saw, a silly booking for Atko (who could have scored a couple himself) and a good overall team performance.

Well, I know you are all wanting a weather report - the B.B.C. said rain all afternoon but instead it stayed bright with just a small shower at the start of the 2nd half .............. so Chesterfield had the sprinklers on instead. Isn't that nice.

Bright!!? It was overcast and bloody cold. Granted I have parrots wee for blood but bright? Bloody bright!!? I still haven't warmed up.

On another matter, my lad has now been to six games with stats of won five lost one. If Mr Brown is reading this, he is available until the end of the season, we can dicuss money in private.

Used notes in plain paper bags will be fine.
Call me :winking:

I REALLY enjoyed yesterday. Especially when my last visit there was in 2013, when despite battering Chesterfield for most of the game they scored a 96th minute winner and their bench celebrated like they'd won the FA Cup, even though it was only something like the 3rd game of the season! That has irritated me for probably too long, but yesterday more than made up for it. Probably could and should have scored more. Roll on Monday, where our season could be decided.

I REALLY enjoyed yesterday. Especially when my last visit there was in 2013, when despite battering Chesterfield for most of the game they scored a 96th minute winner and their bench celebrated like they'd won the FA Cup, even though it was only something like the 3rd game of the season! That has irritated me for probably too long, but yesterday more than made up for it. Probably could and should have scored more. Roll on Monday, where our season could be decided.

Yes, I thought we could have scored more ...... it was almost a little casual at times but still very professional. Demmi was very good at coming down the wing at pace and linked well with Hines I thought - by then we really had a back 3 rather than 4.

Great day out and despite what some say a great game to watch. We arrived behind schedule as the M1 was hard work. There had been some nervous score predictions in the car up but once the team was announced everyone in the pub started to relax. One lad even changed his bet to Cox first scorer 3-0.

We kicked-off and immediately passed the ball out to the right. Demi was still doing up his laces and we had the embarrassment of watching the ball role out for a throw much to the delight of the home fans. Naturally plenty of Shrimpers were thinking lets hope its not going to be one of those days, especially with the same ref form the away game v Northampton. As you already know it certainly wasn't 'one of those days'.

We looked far more controlled and confident right from the early moves. With Ranger and Woody on board the mid-field seemed to play much higher up the pitch. At Charlton, Cox and Theo looked to isolated but even McL pushed right up onto their RB and Demi and Will pinned back their left side. That's not to say we had it all our own way and Thommo was the busiest CB in the first 15.

Good pass and a well timed run and Will gets taken out by their keeper. Cox 1-0 just what you need against a team in the last chance saloon. We passed the ball well after that but without a decent final ball. even our free-kicks were often to floaty when their keeper is as tall as Walton. They got more frustrated and their fouls increased with levels of intent. I thought both Bolton and Charlton were much cuter with the ref but I'm pleased to say we won that battle yesterday.

Despite them being down to 10 and with McL's goal not counting from a great cross, it was a nervous half time as the results weren't going our way. You just knew we had to get a second and it was game over. Despite us looking in charge they had their best move and flashed a cross inches past their sliding attacker at 1-0. This gave us that much needed reminder and we literally went down the other end and scored. Haven't seen the highlights but they probably don't show the good work by JW in the build up. JW doesn't get forward as much as some of the favourites but he made that cross count and what a cool finish from Woody.

Cox's second came at the end of a real good keep ball session we made them work and then punished them. From then on it was one-way and could have been more. Although Cox fancied the match ball, along with Ranger and Will (on a yellow) they were rightly protected with substitutions.

Woody looked very uncomfortable with his hamstring and could have gone off at 4-0. He came over and had a word with Ben and decided to stay on. Be surprised if he starts on Monday but that does leave an obvious space for Lenny.

The Home fans had mainly left by the end but the ones who stayed aimed their anger at PB of all people at the final whistle. PB had been on his best touchline behaviour all game, I believe uncle Ron has banned blue smarties as a pre-match meal.
Not sure why Chesterfield fans would be screaming cheat at PB. He did pause at the start of the tunnel and hold his stare but yesterday he and the boys earned that right.

If you haven't already I suggest you get a ticket for MK Dons because lets face it you have absolutely no excuse what so ever for not being at RH come 15:00 on Monday.....See you there :thumbsup:

Fleetwood will certainly be on their mettle because if Millwal
qualify for the play offs at our expense
Fleetwod might very well end up playing Millwall
again
They will not take their foot off the pedal

Fleetwood will certainly be on their mettle because if Millwal
qualify for the play offs at our expense
Fleetwod might very well end up playing Millwall
again
They will not take their foot off the pedal

Fleetwood are also only in the playoffs by 6 points. Were they to lose to millwall and we win, that's only 3 points with 2 matches to go. There are a couple of if's in there, but incentive for them to beat the wall

At this stage of the season teams at the top still have it all to play for. We couldn't really ask for a better away game for Millwall than. Fleetwood . However we need to keep doing what we are doing and the 0-4 result yesterday would certainly make others sit and realise that we are in it to the end !

Good pass and a well timed run and Will gets taken out by their keeper. Cox 1-0 just what you need against a team in the last chance saloon. We passed the ball well after that but without a decent final ball. even our free-kicks were often to floaty when their keeper is as tall as Walton. They got more frustrated and their fouls increased with levels of intent. I thought both Bolton and Charlton were much cuter with the ref but I'm pleased to say we won that battle yesterday.

Yes, our crosses at height were poor yesterday and their goalie was good in the air and it is no surprise that Wordy's goal was low, Cox's 2nd was smashed in and the fourth was low (a nutmeg?).

I wasn't there but happy with a win and the players that we were told weren't fit actually played. Good kidology. Now bring on Franchise FC on Monday. Looking forward to it

Great result, underlines that Fortune should have been brought on at Charlton. No sign of Nouble yesterday.

Also particularly enjoyed the result as I remember going up there years ago and their fans giving Flavs a particularly hard time after his brother had just been killed in a car crash, absolutely shameful behavior, so I have taken a dislike to the Spirerites since. Think we drew that game in the cup?

Back