• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Recruitment consultants.

Snakes.

Nearly all if them are rubbish. They try to pigeon hole you because it makes their life easier. But jobs don't work like that anymore. In any job (certainly the ones I do) you're expected to be able to turn your hand to a number of things, that cut across multiple disciplines and industries.

They can't see beyond the industries you've worked in previously. They don't seem to realise that skills and experience are transferable.

Called a call centre in regards to my phone going back and the silly bint on the phone continually told me I had an address (I didn't) and kept talking over me rather than listening. Keeping my cool in an open plan office was tough. :angry:

Web designers deciding that our spec was too much for them, so gave us a half-arsed website still in development. It's nothing like their first design so I'm having to learn how to edit wordpress and use plugins. Not too hard actually.

Nearly all if them are rubbish. They try to pigeon hole you because it makes their life easier. But jobs don't work like that anymore. In any job (certainly the ones I do) you're expected to be able to turn your hand to a number of things, that cut across multiple disciplines and industries.

They can't see beyond the industries you've worked in previously. They don't seem to realise that skills and experience are transferable.

Well I have decided that I have had enough of working in banks and to be fair none of them are trying to push me back in that direction.

I am happy to go back to being a permie for a while to break into other industries.

Well I have decided that I have had enough of working in banks and to be fair none of them are trying to push me back in that direction.

I am happy to go back to being a permie for a while to break into other industries.

or you could combine the two and start breaking into banks :-)

My agent has not paid me for February.

Unacceptable.

Outrageous. One of the main reasons for going through an agent (as opposed to invoicing directly) is that you don't have to chase the company for payment. The agent should pay you regardless, and chase the company for payment to them.

In this role I don't have an agent. I invoice the company directly. In the last few months I've had to chase almost every time. Once because they told me the purchase order didn't have enough money it in to cover the rest of my contract (that turned out to be an error), the next month I received a remittance advice, but no money. That turned out to be an error with the retail bank: they screwed up the entire bill run. Last Friday I also had an issue, which turned out to be a one day delay because the bill run happened to coincide with month end.

Also on Friday I finally kicked up enough of a stink to get my new contract signed so that I could put in my March invoice. It took almost 6 weeks to get that sorted, and all I got from everyone was "that's terrible, we're really sorry. It shouldn't take that long", whilst they all blamed someone else!

It can get quite stressful being a contractor.

Virgin Mobiles great offer of a free upgrade for the one off price of £55. What part of free are they missing here. Idiots!!

Forgot my keys, which includes the one for my bike lock. Fortunately there's a Halfords round the corner, but I'm now £15 poorer. :angry:

Colleague over hearing my Ipod (it was Love Action:Human League) and saying that "it's a good song, his parents listen to it".

:stunned: :cricko: :sad: :tumbleweed:

Declining standards.

Now I am a part person but I cycled through Leigh and Southend today.

Leigh was full of drunks and Southend seafront stank of skunk.

Spend over £400 on a playhouse for the kids and they miss off 3 vital pieces when delivering. Not getting it built this bank holiday!

Back