• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Itchy eyes. Hay fever is kicking in.

Also my wife. We're at a pretty exciting stage of the work we're having done on the house: the kitchen units and appliances arrive today for installation from later today. I told my wife (who works about a 5 minute walk from home) to send me photos. She duly does. She sends me a picture with the caption, "Me very very very happy". The picture was this:

Spoiler:  
nero.jpg

Mrs RHB slicing through the cable for the water feature with the mower. I can never find the self amalgamating repair tape when I need it (about every two years on average).

In a bit of a mood after the game, wasn't concentrating on what I was doing and dropped my new iPad, cracking the screen :angry:

Recruiter has ****ed up.

I was offered a position on Friday. Now I have to take an online coding test which he 'forgot' to mention.

I am assured the offer is not dependant on the result of the test which is obviously a complete crock of ****.

The thing is I want the job so I will take the test.

I'll deal with him later...

Recruiter has ****ed up.

I was offered a position on Friday. Now I have to take an online coding test which he 'forgot' to mention.

I am assured the offer is not dependant on the result of the test which is obviously a complete crock of ****.

The thing is I want the job so I will take the test.

I'll deal with him later...

10 Print "Colchester smell"
20 Goto 10

And done....

My wife showed me an email from a local school about some online game known as "Blue Whale". Apparantly teenagers are having to do the most ridiculous things to be part of the game, such as self harming. It ends up (task 50) with the order to jump off a tall building to kill yourself.

A quick look at Snopes could see it's utter garbage. Moral panic agogo.

It's not just up here, google it and you'll see the warnings across the UK. :facepalm:

Bloody NIMBYs taking a photo of my wife's car that was JUST on a yellow line outside my daughter's school and then having a go at her.

Rang the council up and unless a traffic warden issues a ticket, nothing will happen. So **** you granddad. :finger:

Bloody NIMBYs taking a photo of my wife's car that was JUST on a yellow line outside my daughter's school and then having a go at her.

Rang the council up and unless a traffic warden issues a ticket, nothing will happen. So **** you granddad. :finger:

Some bloke had a go at my missus a while back for parking in the parents/kid space at Sainsburys. She just ignored him as she went to the back door and lifted our infant daughter out of her seat.

Some people just seem to be up for an argument, especially against women. Complete *****

***** parking on yellow lines.

What is wrong with people?

To make it worse, it was outside a school.

***** parking on yellow lines.

What is wrong with people?

To make it worse, it was outside a school.

Outside of Earls Hall School in Carlton Drive, Wescliff there is a zebra crossing with the usual zig zag and then double yellows.
the current way to do it appears to park on the pavement, so not on the road, right up close to the crossing; this is double stupid as it further blocks the view of on coming drivers.
If I am correct this an endorsable offence ( on zig zags) and the road as defined by the road traffic law is from one side to other of properties bordering it and includes footpaths?
Anyway it is hypothetical as none of the "minor" laws such as parking, cycling, littering, dog control, foul and abusive language/ behaviour seem to get enforced this millennium.

Outside of Earls Hall School in Carlton Drive, Wescliff there is a zebra crossing with the usual zig zag and then double yellows.
the current way to do it appears to park on the pavement, so not on the road, right up close to the crossing; this is double stupid as it further blocks the view of on coming drivers.
If I am correct this an endorsable offence ( on zig zags) and the road as defined by the road traffic law is from one side to other of properties bordering it and includes footpaths?
Anyway it is hypothetical as none of the "minor" laws such as parking, cycling, littering, dog control, foul and abusive language/ behaviour seem to get enforced this millennium.

Indeed. I don't see why road safety is deemed to be a minor issue. Way, way more people in our country die each year on our roads than from terrorism yet terrorism gets blanket coverage (boosting the terrorist's cause), whilst dangerous driving barely gets a mention. Parking/stopping in dangerous positions, speeding, using mobile phones whilst driving etc is rife on the roads with any attempt at enforcing these safety measures somehow considered unfair.

Back