• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

BBBC back at Cambridge

None of us expected much when he joined as one of Sturrock's original band of desperado's, most of whom couldn't get a club elsewhere. But he stayed for what, 5 years? Made himself a cult hero in the mold of a more socially acceptable Roy McDonough. Not the most naturally talented, but scared the life out of the opposition, got sent off as an occupational hazard, and scored a decent few goals along the way. Gave everything to the cause & will be fondly remembered by most of us I would think. Amazing he had the career he did considering how much he was injured. I'd like to think the club would offer him the chance to train with the lads while he looks for another deal elsewhere.

A really nice guy too. Off pitch he is quiet and almost shy; on pitch he is a handful and makes the most of his ability.
As others have said his 1 in 3 goal ratio was great for us, often in an almost struggling side BUT what was really great for us was his defending from set pieces and leadership.
If he doesn't get a playing role somewhere I wonder if PB might get him to do some scouting on the opposition, I understand he did some good reporting while he was recuperating.

Barry needs to also consider if there will be a long term health effect from continuing to play ............. having shot knees and a back that needs care is not what you want as you get on in life.

He still has a soft spot for us here, wouldn't surprise me to see him back in a non playing role at some point.

Barry needs to also consider if there will be a long term health effect from continuing to play ............. having shot knees and a back that needs care is not what you want as you get on in life.

You have got it right Rattus, it was his knees and his back. The last few games with us he was wincing when he jumped and landed. I got shot down at the time telling people on here his knees and back had gone. Cambridge agreed but only found out after he signed. Then they started moaning about the condition he came to them from Southend. I don't know how he passed their medical. He still gave his all for us tho despite playing through the pain. Top man.

Never let us down - as said, would run through brick walls for the team.
Loved the bloke and hope to see him playing again soon.
Also well looked after by Ron Martin when faced with career ending injury (looks like he's in another battle)
Headed equalizer against Brentford at Griffin Park in FA cup is a highlight.
Don't really understand why he seems to be a bit of a marmite player among some of you? For a long time, his goals were the only thing we had to cheer about.

He always did,it was called the injury bench,move on Bazza nothing to see here.

Rather harsh. He had his injury problems, but other than the one season that was a write off he still played plenty of games for us.

2010/11 47 appearance
2011/12 Injured
2012/13 42 Appearances
2013/14 51 Appearances
2014/15 44 Appearances

You certainly dont want to check Kightly's appearances over the same period if injuries scare you :stunned:

We've moved on since Barry was here, better team, better players. However, what commitment and bravery he showed us as a SUFC player. Will always go down as one of my favorite players, along with Moshni .

Still a bit confused as to why he hasn't signed for us yet, he must have better offers from Prem teams

Rather harsh. He had his injury problems, but other than the one season that was a write off he still played plenty of games for us.

2010/11 47 appearance
2011/12 Injured
2012/13 42 Appearances
2013/14 51 Appearances
2014/15 44 Appearances

You certainly dont want to check Kightly's appearances over the same period if injuries scare you :stunned:

Out of interest how many were full games or near enough full games ?

UTS

2010/11 47 appearance
2011/12 Injured
2012/13 42 Appearances
2013/14 51 Appearances
2014/15 44 Appearances

Out of interest how many were full games or near enough full games ?

UTS
No data for the JPT in 2010/11 but...
2010/11 - 26 full games, 4 times taken off in the last ten minutes, 5 times taken off between 60 and 80 mins
2011/12 - Injured
2012/13 - 12 full games, 5 times taken off in the last ten minutes, 3 times taken off between 60 and 80 mins
2013/14 - 25 full games, 3 times taken off in the last ten minutes, 11 times taken off between 60 and 80 mins
2014/15 - 21 full games 5 times taken off in the last ten minutes, 9 times taken off between 60 and 80 mins

And in 12/13 those stats would have been higher were it not for the form of Tomlin & Assombalonga. Basically once Corr was back from his serious injury he played as much or more than anyone else in the squad from then until the his last game at Wembley.

Back