• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

BBBC back at Cambridge

Dodged a bullet with that one. He was a great servant to us but looks like we got the best out of him and was lucky we didn't hang onto him for that extra time.

Hope he can sort his injury issues out and get himself back scoring for fun.

All the best to him - I think Barry did the right thing for him and his family by getting a 2 year deal out of Cambridge ....... and I suspect that there will be clubs in Division 4 that will take him on if he can prove his fitness or as part of a pay as you play deal (if they are still allowed).

Good luck Barry. :thumbsup:

Strewth!
Newport signed Noodles when they could have got BBBC maybe? How crazy is that?
BBBC playing 20 games a season is better than Noodles for every game.

Dodged a bullet with that one. He was a great servant to us but looks like we got the best out of him and was lucky we didn't hang onto him for that extra time.

Hope he can sort his injury issues out and get himself back scoring for fun.

Go and wash your mouth out with soapy water

A vastly over-rated player,imo.:winking:

I don't think anyone overrated him. People liked him for who he was and that he would run through brick walls for the cause. I don't think anyone is under any illusion as to his ability though. That's not to say he was rubbish, he wasn't. But he also wasn't the best.

He's a cult hero. There have been many more gifted players than Barry to pull on the Blue shirt but to have a 1 in 3 goal ratio over more than 150 games is superb. Not to mention his work rate and determination. I'll always remember that bullet header against Exeter when he came off the bench after nearly 18 months out injured and everyone had written him off. Roof almost came off the place.

He won't be waiting for a new club for long. He's worth the gamble for a League Two side.

Shame that his knee has held him back again. Sad to say that at 32, it may be time for him to consider retirement. Would another League Two club take a chance on him?

Just sign him, put him on the bench, the opposition will shyte themselves. We win the league, :thumbsup:

It's testament to the medical team at Southend that he was kept fit enough with us to play with injuries which Cambridge straight away said needed operating on.

Back