• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Good result but we'll need to improve in the knock outs, we'll play stronger teams than Spain in this.

Spain were certainly a handful. Their style was very similar to their mens team. Luckily their finishing was on a par with the English mens team.

Good result but we'll need to improve in the knock outs, we'll play stronger teams than Spain in this.

Agreed, considering our lead at the top of the table and +8 goal difference, we will finish top of our group.

It's going to be interesting to see what team we put out against Portugal on Thursday evening (the lowest ranked team in the whole competition....even below Scotland!!..that must take some beating! lol).

Personally, i think Sampson will field a second string side in order to rest other key players for the quarter final... So i'm not expecting a goal fest from our Lionesses.

Wednesday night will be key for us, the last thing we need is France to finish 2nd in Group C. As we will have to face them in the quarter finals. France are second favourites to win it (we are 3rd favourites btw). I think we stand a stronger chance in the knock out round against the Austrians then against the frogs. Although, I do think we need to "be in it to win it", so it shouldn't need to matter who we face in the knock out stages, but would be good to just get to the easiest route to the final.

Mark Sampson has a pretty strong squad to choose from, I'd think maybe a couple of starting changes for Portugal like Duggan and Parris. Lots of passing from Spain last night but with no end result, all too predictable.

I think we heard we need a point to guarantee a place in the next round? Not sure how that works, even if we lose and Spain win, our GD is vastly superior.

Yep, hope so too. Well done to both teams (and subs) for all their efforts in such terrible conditions.

Spain v Scotland also a 7.45pm k/o on Thursday, expecting Spain to win that one.....with a little less passing and more attempts on goal!

Thought Spain, for all their possession, flattered to deceive in the final third and our back line held our fairly well. Houghton was a rock. The conditions were certainly a leveller too. They clearly impacted on our style of play and there were more than a few slips. We will have to be better than yesterday to win the tournament, but I really wouldn't be losing any sleep over the performance. Of course it's all relative but I have been very impressed with Sampson and the squad's mentality coming into this tournament. The entire squad seems relaxed, composed and confident.

Would expect Duggan to feature more prominently against Portugal. It's been easy to forget we've one of, if not our best player picking splinters for most of the first two games.

CP Quote:

Brown: "I've spoken to him and he had access to a gym in his first three weeks but nothing since then. He's been in a cell 23 hours a day."

Doesn't sound promising on a fitness & diet front.....what do we think, in terms of when he will be up to Div 1 match fitness levels etc.. (considering it's August next week)..... what do you think?.... mid September?.. earlier?... or later?

CP Quote:

Brown: "I've spoken to him and he had access to a gym in his first three weeks but nothing since then. He's been in a cell 23 hours a day."

Doesn't sound promising on a fitness & diet front.....what do we think, in terms of when he will be up to Div 1 match fitness levels etc.. (considering it's August next week)..... what do you think?.... mid September?.. earlier?... or later?

I'm guessing this was meant for the Nile Ranger thread? :winking:

LOL.

Yeah I was wondering where it went?

Mental note to self: don't try to multi task.... I must have had a Keith Floyd moment (over a few glasses of red wine), whilst I was trying to type in the oven and cook on the keyboard! :smile:

Anyway, back on topic, for those that didn't watch..... Norway got knocked out last night (first real shock of the tournament so far), they were seeded 5th favourites & expected to make the quarter finals, if not the semi finals.

It would be great if either Sweden or Germany lost their qualification games tonight (Germany is possible for a draw against Russia, but I can't see Sweden losing to Italy).

Thats what the men thought in the EUROS ,easiest route to the final ,then lost to ICELAND:thumbdown:

Luckily for us, we have Women to rely on (instead of that shambles of a senior men's team!) & also Iceland are already out! :smile:

Surely I can't be the only one who finds Women's Football utterly dull?

There are some very skilful players on show but everything is so slow and laboured that it just doesn't flow. I know it's just not PC to criticise anything to do with women in sport but it needs to be said! :witch Hunt:

(I couldn't find a tin hat emoji)

Back