• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Assuming Ron can find the dosh, do you want him here or not?

• Yeah, were desparate

Votes: 68 41.0%
  • Nope, were not that desperate

Votes: 13 7.8%
  • I'm still thinking about it

Votes: 21 12.7%
  • Bart

Votes: 9 5.4%
  • Yep, he looks like he could bring something to the team that we're missing

Votes: 55 33.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Phil brown has said that Rob Kiernan had a knee problem before we signed him .So it was either a gamble that has back fired or the scan he had at the medical wasn't up to much . Sorry about the way I feel but I see that Phil brown has spent the clubs budget on 2 players that may not play to offen through injury .

Phil Brown said this:
PHIL Brown is still unsure if he will be able to bring Josh Wright to Southend United.

The former Gillingham midfielder, who was at Saturday's game against Charlton Athletic, is keen to team up with the Shrimpers and Brown would also like the move to happen.

But the Blues boss is not sure if finances will be made available to complete the deal

"I spoke to Josh’s agent yesterday and I’m just awaiting an audience with the chairman to see if I’ve got a budget to bring one more player in," said Brown.

"I know Charlton were interested in him too and that was probably the main reason he was there on Saturday.

"It it what it is.

"If I’ve got a budget then I know the chairman will support me but if I haven’t I’ll have to get on with what I’ve got."

And the Charlton manager said this:
Charlton manager Karl Robinson has played down a move for free agent Josh Wright.

Wright, 27, left Gillingham after mutually terminating his contract last week.

The midfielder is a former Charlton trainee, and made three appearances for the club before leaving to find more first-team opportunities.

He has proven himself in League One with Gillingham and Scunthorpe in recent years, and played for Millwall in the Championship.

Despite letting veteran midfielder Andrew Crofts leave on deadline day, Robinson says Charlton won’t try to sign Wright, who is in talks with Saturday’s opponents Southend.

The Liverpudlian told News Shopper: “You look at our team at the moment in the area he plays, we’ve got Ahmed Kashi, Jake Forster-Caskey, Joe Aribo and Ezri Konsa who can play there.

“So if I brought in another [midfielder], that would be five players in one position. If we only had three midfielders, Josh Wright would be a player we’d look at 100 per cent.
“But I can’t carry five central midfield players. I can’t keep them all happy - I’d have three that are unhappy rather than two. My job is to make sure that as many players here are happy and content and see that they have an opportunity to play if we have an injury.

“The biggest difficulty at football clubs is when you have too many football players and there are four or five who don't see any opportunity of playing.

“So sometimes by loading your squad, the players feel so far away that it becomes a disruptive nature in the dressing room - that’s not something I want

Not exactly "Yeah, we're desperate"; rather "Yep, he looks like he could bring something to the team that we're missing".

I think that an effective midfield will take the pressure off of the defence, and improve things up front. Hopefully the wheeling and dealing will complete soon with Josh on our books.

Not exactly "Yeah, we're desperate"; rather "Yep, he looks like he could bring something to the team that we're missing".

I think that an effective midfield will take the pressure off of the defence, and improve things up front. Hopefully the wheeling and dealing will complete soon with Josh on our books.

Your option now has poll time!

No they weren't. Again, this was asked in the Liaison Meeting. They both underwent full medicals and x-ray examinations. We've been unlucky with both of them.

So is Ben Clarkson culpable? He's chief physio isn't he, so he must have signed both reports or carried out a medical personally?

We don't seem to have a good record when it comes to injuries either generally speaking

So is Ben Clarkson culpable? He's chief physio isn't he, so he must have signed both reports or carried out a medical personally?

We don't seem to have a good record when it comes to injuries either generally speaking

Maybe not Ben's fault. I believe he was with first team squad in Marbella when some of the medicals were done. He's been moaned at in the past for being too thorough.

Now even more bad luck Or bad timing Michael kightly now has had a scan on his groin strain But the results wont be known until Tuesday . So again in answer to the question .Do we really need Josh your dam right we do .

As I understand, with both Turner and Kiernan, it may be old scar tissue that's causing problems. i'm just saying what I've been told so don't expect an answer as to how!

And one of them is just to OLD And with no game time in almost two seasons that as far as I'm concerd is a big risk.

Tough one really. Do we need him right now - yes absolutely. Will we need him when Wordsworth is back - no, not really. If Wordsworth stays fit once he's back then Wright's pitch time will be limited. If Wright wants top dollar then I can't see Ron parting with the cash for someone who might not be a regular starter in a month's time.

We could play Lenny josh woody then kightley in behind cox and ranger ? Formation being 4312

Il be surprised if you get more than 20 games out off Wordsworth this season, off course we need JW, but i doubt RM has the budget to bring him in.

Any news :

1. Has Josh found a better option?
  2. Has PB been told that there is no budget available?
  3. Still on the go?
  4. Josh couldn't pull up a tree?

Any news :

1. Has Josh found a better option?
  2. Has PB been told that there is no budget available?
  3. Still on the go?
  4. Josh couldn't pull up a tree?

I'd imagine, quite simply, and understandably, that Ron has said he's invested enough in the squad and that if Brown wants to bring someone else in, then someone has to leave.

Plenty of candidates on the leave side .Rip up Turners contract . Let some one go out on loan .

I wish it was that simple, both players are on contracts, the same contracts that RL was one when he wanted to leave, and we made him stay. Now we want players to go that we do not wont, well it does not work out like that, whats good for RL is good for Turner, Hendrie, and Robinson. To be honest the blame lies at PB door.

Back