• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Assuming Ron can find the dosh, do you want him here or not?

• Yeah, were desparate

Votes: 68 41.0%
  • Nope, were not that desperate

Votes: 13 7.8%
  • I'm still thinking about it

Votes: 21 12.7%
  • Bart

Votes: 9 5.4%
  • Yep, he looks like he could bring something to the team that we're missing

Votes: 55 33.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
KR has barely managed an average of 16 games per season for the last five seasons. Can we be sure, however good he looks in training, that he is up to the demands of a full Lg 1 campaign? Our strikers are getting very little service but that could change with a tweak or two. Personally I would reinstate Demetriou as RB and have Elvis in front of him instead of JM. I think, in prospect, Elvis offers more with the crossed ball and will also be able to seamlessly interchange with Demetriou. SM on the left and you have better supply and attacking options. Timlin and Leonard in the middle gives us bite and cover to the back four. Wright may make an impact and may not. Who knows? On balance I think we need to work better with what we have until the walking wounded return and save the extra squids for January when undoubtedly PB will be asking for more.

Two sides to every story, why is no one else busting a gut to get him? If we caved in every time to a players demands then we wouldn't even be speaking to him as we would have spent all our money then some

Most clubs have done it properly and got their squads ready for the start of the season. Once again we are playing catch up

Have always supported PB and will until i believe he has done all he can for us ,but he may have been loooking at players who have played at a higher level and i realise he was limited in the budget he could afford,but also perhaps he should have taken into account the amount of games they have played in the past few seasons.I was pleased when we signed Turner and chased hard after Kiernan,but am now wondering if it was a good thing, hopefully they will both come good and give SUFC good service,Kightly will if he is played in his rightful position im sure of that ,as for MAF have a sneeky suspicion time may well have caught up with him as it does with all of us .

Good point & decent post.

Question.... what do we believe is Kightly's rightful position?. I'm still struggling to figure out which wing works best, also I think he could be useful in a central role sitting as an attacking midfielder between the 2 forwards up front (like Payne & Bridge used to play.) Until Wordy gets back.

Anyway, back on the agenda of Josh Wright.. Do we need him or do we have enough cover already in midfield? (bearing in mind we may have players coming back soon?).. Perhaps the Mod's can add a poll to the thread?

Good point & decent post.

Question.... what do we believe is Kightly's rightful position?. I'm still struggling to figure out which wing works best, also I think he could be useful in a central role sitting as an attacking midfielder between the 2 forwards up front (like Payne & Bridge used to play.) Until Wordy gets back.

Anyway, back on the agenda of Josh Wright.. Do we need him or do we have enough cover already in midfield? (bearing in mind we may have players coming back soon?).. Perhaps the Mod's can add a poll to the thread?

It's not about cover in midfield for me, it's about the type of midfield player. A lot people that went to Charlton are saying our forwards were feeding of scraps, so much so that Cox ends up coming back to get the ball, and gets frustrated. Cox isn't scoring like he should, but he's had very little service to help him. That's been said a few times this season. Timlin and Lenny may be amongst the worst in the League for assists. Josh Wright likes to thread the ball between two defenders for the striker. He may be just what we need. At least you know that goals and assists from midfield will go up.

Last edited:
It's not about cover in midfield for me, it's about the type of midfield player. A lot people that went to Charlton are saying our forwards were feeding of scraps, so much so that Cox ends up coming back to get the ball, and gets frustrated. Cox isn't scoring like he should, but he's had very little service to help him. That's been said a few times this season. Timlin and Lenny may be amongst the worst in the League for assists. Josh Wright likes to thread the ball between two defenders for the striker. He may be just what we need. At least you know that goals and assists from midfield will go up.

Exactly this. No service = no goals. It's not as if we're missing easy chances galore. If we all think, on our way home, "We missed five sitters!" then the strikers are at fault. If we think "Well, we made nothing for them" then they are not to blame.The chances simply are not there. Our midfield has decent players - but the blend is wrong. Not the player's fault.

Back