• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I've used them three times in the Red Seats and much to my surprise they have worked every time.

My 13 year-old questioned the e-mail printed tickets sitting on the table by the door just before we left on Saturday. He sighed and said 'you know these aren't going to work, don't you dad?". Sure enough we failed to turn the lights green at the turnstile. Fortunately the affable steward in attendance was prepared; 'not one of these has worked today' is pretty much what he said.....and duly let us in.
Went to three games at Christmas, at two of them there was a queue at the turnstiles because somebody was trying to use a print at home ticket and it didn't work.

Went to three games at Christmas, at two of them there was a queue at the turnstiles because somebody was trying to use a print at home ticket and it didn't work.

Worked fine for me last week

Does this also mean that if you hold the barcode image on your smartphone against the turnstile this may also work? Save the planet and all that.

My 13 year-old questioned the e-mail printed tickets sitting on the table by the door just before we left on Saturday. He sighed and said 'you know these aren't going to work, don't you dad?". Sure enough we failed to turn the lights green at the turnstile. Fortunately the affable steward in attendance was prepared; 'not one of these has worked today' is pretty much what he said.....and duly let us in.

Were you trying to get in the West? Seemed to be an absolute disaster on Saturday, people trying to fold up sheets of A4 to try and make the barcode fit into the slot reader, looked more like an origami class. :winking: Meanwhile the queue went on and on......

Were you trying to get in the West? Seemed to be an absolute disaster on Saturday, people trying to fold up sheets of A4 to try and make the barcode fit into the slot reader, looked more like an origami class. :winking: Meanwhile the queue went on and on......

I thought you could hold the barcode up against the slot and it reads it, rather than slot the paper in.

I've printed at home a couple of times. For other purposes I had a pack of A4 thin card and I printed onto that. Sad person that I am I guillotined the tickets to the same size as an old ticket I had. They worked sweet as a nut.

I thought you could hold the barcode up against the slot and it reads it, rather than slot the paper in.

No, you'd think that but the e-ticket has to go into the slot the same as a normal paper ticket, the only thing that doesn't now are the ST's which have an RFID chip in them, probably until they do e-tickets for 3D printers..... :winking:

I think there may have been occasions when a ticket was printed at home more than once. The last time I used a print at home ticket there was someone ticking them off on a list as you went through the turnstile.

I think there may have been occasions when a ticket was printed at home more than once. The last time I used a print at home ticket there was someone ticking them off on a list as you went through the turnstile.

That was because they weren't going through the turnstile machine properly, so the turnstile wouldn't open. So they let you through and ticked you off the post at home list. And that way they kept the queue moving through the turnstile for season cards and normal tickets that worked. It doesn't matter how many you print at home, it only works once through the turnstile, or of course once ticked off on the list.

That was because they weren't going through the turnstile machine properly, so the turnstile wouldn't open. So they let you through and ticked you off the post at home list. It doesn't matter how many you print at home, it only works once through the turnstile, or of course once ticked off on the list.

I think mine worked every time. So if you print one off and go through the turnstile ok, the next one comes along, doesn't work and they let you in anyway. There was only once that I saw a list -the last time they could be printed at home.

Red Stand and Green Stand tickets are not available on line for any of the home games for which tickets are currently being sold. Is this a new policy? - I can't believe they have sold out especially the Reading U23 fixture...

Red Stand and Green Stand tickets are not available on line for any of the home games for which tickets are currently being sold. Is this a new policy? - I can't believe they have sold out especially the Reading U23 fixture...

For the Reading game season ticket holders have until Wednesday to reserve their normal seats. After that the seats will be available. That may be why the seats are not showing yet.

For the Reading game season ticket holders have until Wednesday to reserve their normal seats. After that the seats will be available. That may be why the seats are not showing yet.
I see West Stand is open for the Reading U23 game. Bit odd they open it for a game when the crowd is only going to be about 1,000.

I cracked up when I received the email about "securing" my season ticket seat for that game. We'll get about 2.5k for this one.

This competition needs radical changes or killing off. Get rid of the u23 sides which has destroyed the integrity of what was once a decent cup competition. Maybe increasing the prize money for each round could get teams interested again. Not sure how feasible that is though.

I cracked up when I received the email about "securing" my season ticket seat for that game. We'll get about 2.5k for this one.

This competition needs radical changes or killing off. Get rid of the u23 sides which has destroyed the integrity of what was once a decent cup competition. Maybe increasing the prize money for each round could get teams interested again. Not sure how feasible that is though.
Can't see us getting anywhere near 2,500 for the Reading U23 game.
The crowd v Brighton U23 last season was 1,275.

Back