• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Was down there on Tuesday night with my 2 JnrsMust, say they did look good, had some good shots on goal. Not a bad set up down there, and also you can drink beer in the stands.Sounded a bit funny hearing them shout Ricky though.

I live in Billericay so when not clashing with Southend i attend New Lodge. As a local resident ive always been keen to support them and see them do well. Due to the mouthy prick in charge i am less reluctant to spend my money through their turnstiles. But i chose to on Tuesday, £11 for me £7 for my son, for a 2nd round preliminary cup replay!

I know a lot of the hard core guys down there as ive been going for over 25 years, they are as good as gold and for what its worth mostly cant stand Tampon either. I always where my Southend colours and never had a problem, just a tracksuit top. The old hardcore were fine, but the new generation of fans down there young and old (many west ham now go) just basically abused me and all things Southend, not great with your young son next to you, this despite the fact we were standing together and all supporting Billericay. What Tampon has done for the club and the ground is nothing short of extraordinary, but the atmosphere created and the new breed of fans are a clone of him and not in a good way

Was down there on Tuesday night with my 2 JnrsMust, say they did look good, had some good shots on goal. Not a bad set up down there, and also you can drink beer in the stands.Sounded a bit funny hearing them shout Ricky though.

I was there Tuesday night, i live in Ricay. Set up is incredible compared to last season. Agree they play some decent football, but beating teams like Thamsmead with their resources vs what Billericay have now isnt a surprise

Only disappointment is the new client base they have over there. Many are ex west ham etc and complete P~~~Ks

I live in Billericay so when not clashing with Southend i attend New Lodge. As a local resident ive always been keen to support them and see them do well. Due to the mouthy prick in charge i am less reluctant to spend my money through their turnstiles. But i chose to on Tuesday, £11 for me £7 for my son, for a 2nd round preliminary cup replay!

I know a lot of the hard core guys down there as ive been going for over 25 years, they are as good as gold and for what its worth mostly cant stand Tampon either. I always where my Southend colours and never had a problem, just a tracksuit top. The old hardcore were fine, but the new generation of fans down there young and old (many west ham now go) just basically abused me and all things Southend, not great with your young son next to you, this despite the fact we were standing together and all supporting Billericay. What Tampon has done for the club and the ground is nothing short of extraordinary, but the atmosphere created and the new breed of fans are a clone of him and not in a good way
How can they support their local team, when they already support their local team?!

I've seen a few videos, looks as though a lot of younger lads jumping on the bandwagon... As someone said I would love to give them a pasting in the F.A Cup first round.. Although I would rather they didn't get there and milk the BBC and my license fee!

The stadium is somewhat similar to Bromley, apart from all the pillars.

Who was No. 10? He looked a bit good!

That was always the way with the "glory hunters", my Brother got thumped at an F A Vase Semi final against Farnbro' because the bloke didn't recognise him, he backed off when his girlfriend said she went to School with him.....

I was brought up in Billericay and the BTFC heroes like Doug Young and Freddie Clayden must be spitting...

Which part of Bromley? It's not much like the football ground (unless it was changed massively at the same time as the artificial pitch was put in!)

Jake Robinson, who joined them from Hemel Hempstead, where he had scored 27 goals in 28 appearances, on 22 March 2017. The fee of £24,000 paid by Billericay Town is a club record.

Yep, was also down there wearing my SUFC shirt, no problems.
Its not that i support Billericay, its just that i like watching football, whether its my youngest son, or my eldest son, now playing in the adult league, or Billericay when at home.

Just like watching football, but **** seeing wet spam thou,

Ten years ago ..... not sure we've won a game in this competition since !!

Not only did Zoltan lift the trophy he scored the winning goal. Danny Gay, who is still playing, in goal for the opposition who included James Lawson. And look who was their number 10 !!!

Massive crowd and the same referee as last Saturday.

Southend United (4-4-2): Collis, Grant, Herd, Hunt, Liptak, Revell, Moussa, Lokando, Ademeno, Harrold, MacDonald. Unused Subs: Forshaw, McDonald, Thurlbourne, O'Keefe, Obaze.

Chelmsford City (4-5-1): Gay, Palmer (Knight 12), Duffy, Duncan, Ward, Noto, Ainsley (Brayley 81), Minton, Lawson, Holmes, Ibe. Unused Subs: Hallett, Protheroe, Harrison.

Referee: Nick Kinseley Attendance: 2,995

And the refs name rings a bell too... wasn't he the one we had Sat!?

Ten years ago ..... not sure we've won a game in this competition since !!

Not only did Zoltan lift the trophy he scored the winning goal. Danny Gay, who is still playing, in goal for the opposition who included James Lawson. And look who was their number 10 !!!

Massive crowd and the same referee as last Saturday.

Southend United (4-4-2): Collis, Grant, Herd, Hunt, Liptak, Revell, Moussa, Lokando, Ademeno, Harrold, MacDonald. Unused Subs: Forshaw, McDonald, Thurlbourne, O'Keefe, Obaze.

Chelmsford City (4-5-1): Gay, Palmer (Knight 12), Duffy, Duncan, Ward, Noto, Ainsley (Brayley 81), Minton, Lawson, Holmes, Ibe. Unused Subs: Hallett, Protheroe, Harrison.

Referee: Nick Kinseley Attendance: 2,995

And the refs name rings a bell too... wasn't he the one we had Sat!?

Well spotted.

Jake Robinson, who joined them from Hemel Hempstead, where he had scored 27 goals in 28 appearances, on 22 March 2017. The fee of £24,000 paid by Billericay Town is a club record.

I may have misled you there. I'd assumed you meant the star of the show and the 10th man listed on the team sheet (even if he was wearing no. 11 !)

Wearing no. 10 and less impressive than Robinson was Louie Theophanous who joined Billericay from Chelmsford, having hardly played for the clarets; previous clubs include St Albans, Sutton and Histon.

Louie had a couple of months at City, helping them into the Conf South play-off final.... then took the money offered by GT,
simple as that. Jake R was happy to take the dosh on offer, as Hemel were in getting £24k, though Ricay could have signed him for nothing at the end of last season.

Louie had a couple of months at City, helping them into the Conf South play-off final.... then took the money offered by GT,
simple as that. Jake R was happy to take the dosh on offer, as Hemel were in getting £24k, though Ricay could have signed him for nothing at the end of last season.

Yes, I saw him play in the play-off home leg against Dartford where he had a quietish match before being substituted. Think he scored in the away leg.

Of all Billericay's high profile signings, Jake Robinson will prove the most astute and his goals will take them up.

Back