• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Going to The London Palladium tomorrow night to see The Zombies , can not wait .

We went to the Argyll Arms in Argyll Street.Mrs Tangled was peckish.You're right it was a wonderful gig.Loved the graphics.

About 80 fans met up in The Warwick before the show , Colin Blunstones voice just gets better and Chris White singing Butchers Tale was spine chilling .

Not a gig but went to see Crazy for You at the Cliffs on Friday. Was ok, nothing special. Had front row seats and was mortified when the leading man jumped down one point and sat in my lap though. :smile:

I have not previously been to a gig quite like DJ Shadow last night, where apart from some synth drumming, no one actually played an instrument. Instead, Mr Shadow manipulates the sounds from his computers with various knobs, switches and other devices in front a projected background of images. Occasionally, I was baffled by the music, but mostly it was an audio delight and very atmospheric at times. He did three tracks from the Entroducing album, plus two UNKLE songs and a couple of others that I recognised.

I took lots of pictures but there are only so many images you can post up of a man behind a desk.

I was quite surprised that the place wasn't full, but I had a great night.

P1070023.jpgP1070035.jpgP1060980.jpgP1060944.jpgP1060938.jpg

I have not previously been to a gig quite like DJ Shadow last night, where apart from some synth drumming, no one actually played an instrument. Instead, Mr Shadow manipulates the sounds from his computers with various knobs, switches and other devices in front a projected background of images. Occasionally, I was baffled by the music, but mostly it was an audio delight and very atmospheric at times. He did three tracks from the Entroducing album, plus two UNKLE songs and a couple of others that I recognised.

I took lots of pictures but there are only so many images you can post up of a man behind a desk.

View attachment 4945View attachment 4946View attachment 4947View attachment 4948View attachment 4949

I have Ross from Friends at a keyboard in my head.

View attachment 4945View attachment 4946View attachment 4947View attachment 4948View attachment 4949

nice one, where was that?

Hawklords at Chinnerys on Sunday

This was the third time I'd seen the Hawklords in three years. Originally comprising of four ex members of Hawkwind, they are now down to just two with the departure of singer Ron Tree. Jerry Richards now does most of the vocals but keyboardist Harvey Bainbridge was allowed to murder a couple of songs.

Also, their setlist has changed from about 50/50 Hawkwind/original material, to just four Hawkwind related tracks in a two hour gig.

I have to admit the 2016 concert was better, but I was in the area and it only cost me £14 to get in, so I can't really complain. And I will look out for their 2018 tour dates.

hl00.jpghl01.jpghl03.jpghl06.jpghl07.jpg

Jason Isbell at Brighton Dome on Sunday and Roundhouse in Camden last night.

Was impressed with the Brighton venue and as I had a bad back was grateful to be able to get a seat in the unreserved seating. Last night was up to standing and the Roundhouse was a fantastic place, great atmosphere there.
2017-10-29 22.27.02.jpg aa.jpg

The Icicle Works - Picturedrome, Holmfirth.

Paying just £17.50 to get in, I certainly got my money's worth as McNabb and the boys played for two hours 40 minutes in total over two sets. But boy, was it loud. I had to move away from the front of the stage for the second set and I still left with my ears ringing!

The sets consisted of a mixture of The Icicle Works material and songs from Ian McNabb's solo career. But as McNabb writes all the songs, sings and plays lead guitar, I guess it is up to him to choose what they play.

It was a very enjoyable gig with the highlight being the inevitable encore of Love is a Wonderful Colour and Hollow Horse, but did it have to be quite so loud?

iw04.jpgiw03.jpgiw01.jpgiw09.jpgiw13.jpg

For more photos from the gig, click here

Blondie at Brighton last week. Brilliant. Is Debbie Harry really 72? And for you architecture lovers the Brighton Centre, probably the ugliest building in western Europe if it weren't for the Odeon right next to it are due for demolition. Great. Some Southend councillors should have a day trip to Brighton to see their regeneration and the Lanes and get a few ideas before the revamped High Street looks like Basildon which is highly likely.

The Icicle Works - Picturedrome, Holmfirth.

Paying just £17.50 to get in, I certainly got my money's worth as McNabb and the boys played for two hours 40 minutes in total over two sets. But boy, was it loud. I had to move away from the front of the stage for the second set and I still left with my ears ringing!

The sets consisted of a mixture of The Icicle Works material and songs from Ian McNabb's solo career. But as McNabb writes all the songs, sings and plays lead guitar, I guess it is up to him to choose what they play.

It was a very enjoyable gig with the highlight being the inevitable encore of Love is a Wonderful Colour and Hollow Horse, but did it have to be quite so loud?

View attachment 4984View attachment 4985View attachment 4986View attachment 4987View attachment 4988

For more photos from the gig, click here

So, The Icicle Works...

Thanks to a random free CD I got with Q or Vox way back in the day, I own one Ian McNabb track - "You Must Be Prepared To Dream". I really like it, but I've not dug in any further. Got any recommendations?

Blondie at Brighton last week. Brilliant. Is Debbie Harry really 72? And for you architecture lovers the Brighton Centre, probably the ugliest building in western Europe if it weren't for the Odeon right next to it are due for demolition. Great. Some Southend councillors should have a day trip to Brighton to see their regeneration and the Lanes and get a few ideas before the revamped High Street looks like Basildon which is highly likely.

Had tickets to see Blondie here summer before last but they cancelled.Agree with your comments about Brighton too.:thumbsup:

Back