• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

LennySUFC

Director⭐
Genuine question, when did you last leave a Southend game and think, “wow what a performance that was!”..? Even when we win it tends to be a scrappy game. Thinking my last must have been MK last year? (I missed the Blackburn game)

Blackburn.

Only other candidate this season is probably Fleetwood away for those that made the trek?

Got to be Blackburn. Newport in the League Cup runs it close though.:winking:

Every home match I have seen this season I get the impression PB sets the team up with the mentality not to get beaten.

Genuine question, when did you last leave a Southend game and think, “wow what a performance that was!”..? Even when we win it tends to be a scrappy game. Thinking my last must have been MK last year? (I missed the Blackburn game)

The last minute of the play off final

^
:smile:

I tell you what was a good performance. That home game against Bradford City last season.

... and against Wimbledon.

Come to think of it, quite a lot of home games last season.

... and Peterborugh, MK Dons and Bury away.

... and the 2-0 win at Oxford.

This season, less so, I agree 'Lenny', but most of our better performances last season came after around now, so all to look forward to for those with half a pint still to enjoy.

I don't want to turn this into a Brown bashing or player bashing thread ............ but ......... I partly think it is about expectations and in particular those expectations that we had at the beginning of the season.

It looked good after the win at Blackburn - a good game to watch - and it seemed like we had a team with some skill and capability. And some good players in the wings waiting to get their chance.

Now it seems like we still have a collection of good players ........... but not playing as a team. And it is that which is disappointing.

Still, there is an awful lot of the season still to go.

Every home match I have seen this season I get the impression PB sets the team up with the mentality not to get beaten.

Seeing how many goals we have conceded he isn't doing a very good job of it if that's the case.

We have the 6th worst defensive record in the league.

I have seen us win and not play well but it is rare I see an opposition that I think is so much better than we can be. Our performances always look as though we haven't done our best, holding back, often looking short of ideas. Yet we always look as though we could and should play so much better. It's frustrating but at least it appears we have a good team in there somewhere, rather than we are at our best now.

Blackburn. Incidently we had an actual left back Playing that day and actual wingers. Imagine that!

Bradford last season. This season has been pants.

Time for change re the management and coaching staff I am beginning to think. They have run out of ideas, even though they have many good players in the squad.

We were utterly brilliant against Blackburn and I was cautiously optimistic of us being genuine promotion contenders after the game.

The first hour against Blackpool was good as well but other than that our performances have been lukewarm at best.

Back