• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Match report: AFC Wimbledon 2, Southend United 0

Brown was out last night with Brian "What does Horton do?" Horton.

Probably celebrating robbing Ron by taking money under false pretences

Please can some people stop hijacking this thread please.

Can we keep this topic as to what the Thread title is. "Match Reports and Ratings".

20 posts & just only 2 match reports and ratings so far. :sad:

Okay, another poor showing --- now on a losing streak. probably not helped by

Brown was out last night with Brian "What does Horton do?" Horton.

Probably celebrating robbing Ron by taking money under false pretences

I'm more concerned by his inability to see a failing system week after week, the decision to pick an unfit Kightly and Wordsworth's atrocious form than the fact that he went out and had a few drinks for New Years.

Not a great example but if we win today then who cares?

Please can some people stop hijacking this thread please.

Can we keep this topic as to what the Thread title is. "Match Reports and Ratings".

22 posts & just only 2 match reports and ratings so far. :sad:

To be fair it is the one issue which most fans want to talk about. We all know how we played (I knew before the game). Quite honestly the only important topic is when can we get this man out of our club. If fans can dig up a bit of dirt, so much the better.

For what it is worth, I reckon he will be sacked when we lose at Northampton on Saturday. New manager by around the 10th, that will give him 3 weeks to offload the garbage and bring some up and coming local quality non-league players in.

Saw earlier on Twitter that someone posted a photo of PB apparently out late last night, looking as if he was enjoying himself and asking how the players can get motivated when he sets that kind of example? Fair point I think.

"apparently" being the key word. Even so is he supposed to stay in and be miserable just because we are in poor form? Not sure he can do a lot on the night before the match, he is allowed time off presumably.

"apparently" being the key word. Even so is he supposed to stay in and be miserable just because we are in poor form? Not sure he can do a lot on the night before the match, he is allowed time off presumably.

If he’s not in the right state the next day to manage the team then is that different?

To be fair it is the one issue which most fans want to talk about. We all know how we played (I knew before the game). Quite honestly the only important topic is when can we get this man out of our club. If fans can dig up a bit of dirt, so much the better.

For what it is worth, I reckon he will be sacked when we lose at Northampton on Saturday. New manager by around the 10th, that will give him 3 weeks to offload the garbage and bring some up and coming local quality non-league players in.

Non-league players ???

Non-league players ???

Yep, hungry players making their way up in their careers. I am sick and tired of having "name" players who were at their best 5-10 years ago, and are only here to pick up a final pay cheque.

Usually I’d agree but with the club being in the position it’s in and assuming the players have all been told to keep the celebrations to a bare minimum, I fail to see what good it does him being pictured out on the **** the night before what is in effect, a relegation battle.

Usually I’d agree but with the club being in the position it’s in and assuming the players have all been told to keep the celebrations to a bare minimum, I fail to see what good it does him being pictured out on the **** the night before what is in effect, a relegation battle.
Think you must mean a race for the play-offs.

Absolutely pathetic, defence all over the place, midfield non-existent, blunt in attack. Cox the only one out there who didn't look like he'd given up. Brown devoid of ideas, same predictable subs and same long ball tactics which don't play to anyone's strengths.

Improved slightly for about 10 minutes after the second goal and subs, but as usual no end product and no threat in the box.

Kightly wasn't fit and was woeful. Wordsworth was one of the worst individual performances I've seen in a long time. Leonard looked like he was holding back and I don't blame him. Ranger lazy.

Last away game I'm doing this season and in no hurry to get to a home game either and I can't see it changing with Brown in charge.

Oxley 6 Nothing he could have done
Demetriou 6 Got forward well, defended ok
White 5 Hoof after hoof after hoof. Injured with quite a while left but carried on.
Kyprianou 5 Rusty, inexperience showed, too eager to hoof it long.
Coker 6 Like Demetriou
Yearwood 4 Not a winger and didn't look ready, better when drifting central. Too many basic errors.
Wordsworth 2 Invisible. No contribution at all.
Leonard 5 Didn't commit as usual early on, left with a lot to do by himself, unusually made a few mistakes.
Kightly 2 Not sure anything he tried came off and clearly wasn't ready to start.
Fortune 5 Hoofed it up to him, not his strength.
Cox 6 Tried hard, not that anything came off.

Subs
McLaughlin 6 A couple of decent dribbles, didn't do much else.
Ranger 2 Target man who doesn't jump, lazy.
McGlashan 5 Hoofed it for him to chase.

First time I've heard audible Brown out chants at the final whistle and he did a runner off down the tunnel. Justified chants on this occasion too. Given he barely stood up from the dugout the whole game I'd wonder how bothered he is about being here anymore.
some great ratings here, we're certain players really that bad ?:sad:

Yep, hungry players making their way up in their careers. I am sick and tired of having "name" players who were at their best 5-10 years ago, and are only here to pick up a final pay cheque.

Hungry non-league players (wherever you might think they might actually exist) wouldn't help one little bit.

Back