• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

AFC Wimbledon have gone a paid a fee to Maidstone to sign Joe Pigott, thank god we havent got to play them again, so that he could notch a brace against us

AFC Wimbledon have gone a paid a fee to Maidstone to sign Joe Pigott, thank god we havent got to play them again, so that he could notch a brace against us

There you go Barry. Perfect example of why going non league is not always the best option.

Maybe if some of you didn't spend every week slagging all things SUFC and claiming we have one of the biggest budgets in L1 then I wouldn't have to mention poor Ricky's wages. Some of the claims in past posts (not you Dave) like £5,000 per week for Barnard or Eastwood were damaging and utter bull s***

By the way in the football world away from the fans they all know who is earning what so its no secret. We were having the very conversation about what clubs are paying for X and Y, so it wasn't told to me in confidence. They even know what pundit earns what. Some of those presenters and pundits get very bitchy behind the scenes.

Some of you need reminding that we have had players in L1 in the PB era on £1,000 per week. That's not enough to be told to F*** off when you come over to clap the fans, nor to be targeted on twitter or have to hide your family in one of our sterile boxes because of ignorant foul mouthed idiots in the stands.

Interesting take. Yes some slag things off a lot but no more or less than you defend so much without giving an ounce of respect to the fact PB and the club make major clangers. Also, accepting you are right, if we have had players on a grand a week, so what? That's much more than many in the crowd who have come to watch and pay to watch these players who take the money and give beggar all in in return. Maybe the players need to respect the fans before they can expect respect for themselves.

Interesting take. Yes some slag things off a lot but no more or less than you defend so much without giving an ounce of respect to the fact PB and the club make major clangers. Also, accepting you are right, if we have had players on a grand a week, so what? That's much more than many in the crowd who have come to watch and pay to watch these players who take the money and give beggar all in in return. Maybe the players need to respect the fans before they can expect respect for themselves.

Your take is even more interesting. Tells us all we need to know.

To be honest, I see where both of you are coming from in your posts. Rigsby, you're obviously well connected and must get frustrated when you see inaccuracies being posted on here and feel compelled to challenge them. Similarly, I see the frustration of other posters as they'd love to know exactly what's happening at OUR club and you clearly can't divulge everything.

Onceknownasrab, I totally agree with your points as well. Ultimately us, the punters, pay the player's wages. £1k p/w (not counting additional bonuses) is well above what Joe Public earns. As a minimum, you'd expect the players to give maximum effort... Not all of them are showing this right now.

I am getting fed up with posters having digs at each other (again).

I have a bigger than Trump's Red Button on my desk. Beware.

Unfortunately this is what happens when things are going badly. People want someone or something to blame, they lash out because they are frustrated and angry. It's happening with the supporters here on SZ and we can safely assume that it is happening in the dressing room and perhaps even the boardroom (where I would be surprised if there were not some Directors thinking that PB has had long enough!).

Chairmen and Boards are often slagged off because they sack a manager too quickly. Actually what they are doing is drawing a line under the ill-feeling and bickering which inevitably follows a poor run of form. They are looking for a clean slate and some freshening up of a club which is stale.

The question RM must be asking himself is whether we have reached the point of no return. If not, how long will it be before he does feel that way? If SZ is a barometer, we are fast approaching it in my opinion.

To be honest, I see where both of you are coming from in your posts. Rigsby, you're obviously well connected and must get frustrated when you see inaccuracies being posted on here and feel compelled to challenge them. Similarly, I see the frustration of other posters as they'd love to know exactly what's happening at OUR club and you clearly can't divulge everything.

Onceknownasrab, I totally agree with your points as well. Ultimately us, the punters, pay the player's wages. £1k p/w (not counting additional bonuses) is well above what Joe Public earns. As a minimum, you'd expect the players to give maximum effort... Not all of them are showing this right now.

I don't nit pick over any 'inaccuracies' I've made enough genuine mistakes or you hear something which is credible but turns out to be untrue. What I will challenge is total bull s*** and damaging lies.

We used to have a couple of posters who would claim they have seen the players or PB out on the lash, players seen in the café at 13:00 on a match day etc. So when you know this is deliberate lies to fit their agenda then I will more than challenge it and make no apologies for doing so.

I cant speak for all but I assume most of you expect anyone to post with a certain amount of honesty...Otherwise what's the point of fans of the same club being on a forum. Go on the Col U site if you want to s*** stir.

I often like posts even if I don't fully agree with them as long as they are constructive and that includes the anti PB or the club ones. Others post the same point on 5 different threads at the same time and never seem to like any one else's posts no matter.

Some things I would not reveal but most times I don't ask because I have never been interested in gossip full stop. Let alone what went on between two footballers who we don't know anyway.

For what its worth I don't think anyone has right to abuse someone in their job no matter what they are paid. Unfortunately we have gone down a sad road as people in the whole of society. The gobby and the ignorant like to bully people who they know can't answer back because of their job. That's why we have shortages in teachers, nurses and Police. Even happens to local refs and sports coaches because of the behaviour of parents.

Yes footballers rarely quit because of the pay and lifestyle. But if your 3-0 down at Rotherham in only your second game of the season and your own fans are abusing Oxley or at the end of the game Fortune has to be dragged away by his own team mates because a drunken mob have turned on him.....Then you have to think how long will it be before the so called fans lose the dressing room.

Before anyone says it, they were trying they just weren't very good, whilst Rotherham had ones of those memorable scored with every attack days .....There is a difference and some people need to recognise that.

I don't nit pick over any 'inaccuracies' I've made enough genuine mistakes or you hear something which is credible but turns out to be untrue. What I will challenge is total bull s*** and damaging lies.

We used to have a couple of posters who would claim they have seen the players or PB out on the lash, players seen in the café at 13:00 on a match day etc. So when you know this is deliberate lies to fit their agenda then I will more than challenge it and make no apologies for doing so.

I cant speak for all but I assume most of you expect anyone to post with a certain amount of honesty...Otherwise what's the point of fans of the same club being on a forum. Go on the Col U site if you want to s*** stir.

I often like posts even if I don't fully agree with them as long as they are constructive and that includes the anti PB or the club ones. Others post the same point on 5 different threads at the same time and never seem to like any one else's posts no matter.

Some things I would not reveal but most times I don't ask because I have never been interested in gossip full stop. Let alone what went on between two footballers who we don't know anyway.

For what its worth I don't think anyone has right to abuse someone in their job no matter what they are paid. Unfortunately we have gone down a sad road as people in the whole of society. The gobby and the ignorant like to bully people who they know can't answer back because of their job. That's why we have shortages in teachers, nurses and Police. Even happens to local refs and sports coaches because of the behaviour of parents.

Yes footballers rarely quit because of the pay and lifestyle. But if your 3-0 down at Rotherham in only your second game of the season and your own fans are abusing Oxley or at the end of the game Fortune has to be dragged away by his own team mates because a drunken mob have turned on him.....Then you have to think how long will it be before the so called fans lose the dressing room.

Before anyone says it, they were trying they just weren't very good, whilst Rotherham had ones of those memorable scored with every attack days .....There is a difference and some people need to recognise that.

Okaaaay. Not sure if I've read this in the tone intended, but that's a pretty strong response to someone who was trying to highlight the positives in a couple of opposing viewpoints. One of the reasons I don't post on here much when the going's rough on the pitch.

Okaaaay. Not sure if I've read this in the tone intended, but that's a pretty strong response to someone who was trying to highlight the positives in a couple of opposing viewpoints. One of the reasons I don't post on here much when the going's rough on the pitch.

I don't think you have. I agree with what you said, maybe I should have liked it first.

I guess as the owner is about to ban me because the same suspects are free to troll me I shall say good by for now.

Am I on the correct thread for transfers ? What going on or not with bringing in a few new faces, we are now mid month and guess what nowt has happened. Surely these new players would have already been identified prior to January or am I expecting the obvious .

Am I on the correct thread for transfers ? What going on or not with bringing in a few new faces, we are now mid month and guess what nowt has happened. Surely these new players would have already been identified prior to January or am I expecting the obvious .

What a ludicrous suggestion! It always amuses me how much business is done by all clubs in the last few hours of the transfer window - no planning, just panicking.

interesting one from Ron though - no point letting Brown bring a couple of players in if he’s planning on chopping brown in. If we start to bring players in that’s a sign for me that the manager is being backed, not sacked.

Either way. I wish we would see some movement.

Brown out and new manager in or Brown and new players in.

No action on either is the worst option.

I don't think you have. I agree with what you said, maybe I should have liked it first.

I guess as the owner is about to ban me because the same suspects are free to troll me I shall say good by for now.

I don't agree with the fact you deflect questions away from you by asking another question, or the fact nobody is right about Brown except you as you have this friendship with him but you've not said anything on this thread worthy of a ban as far as I can see

What a ludicrous suggestion! It always amuses me how much business is done by all clubs in the last few hours of the transfer window - no planning, just panicking.

interesting one from Ron though - no point letting Brown bring a couple of players in if he’s planning on chopping brown in. If we start to bring players in that’s a sign for me that the manager is being backed, not sacked.

I doubt Ron is dithering on transfers at this stage because of Brown’s questionable position. Our transfer targets might be, but surely not Ron.

We’ve got a very limited time to bring players in and Ron and the board must have identified players irrespective of what happens with Brown. The transfer window doesn’t move and with every defeat comes a timely reminder of how threadbare our current squad is in terms of quality.

I know the jury’s still out on RM for a lot on here but the guy’s been a football league chairman for many years and he’ll be focused on getting players in of that im sure. Whether most of our targets are either turning us down or dragging their feet im not sure but seems more likely.

Would you really rush to sign for a League One side who’s lost 7 of the last 8 games? Or wait til later in the month for a better offer?

Transfer Deadline Day isn’t just about clubs panic buying, it’s also about players panicking about being stuck at clubs where they’re not wanted and won’t play.

We’ll be doing everything we can to get bodies in but we’re a bloody hard sell right now.

I doubt Ron is dithering on transfers at this stage because of Brown’s questionable position. Our transfer targets might be, but surely not Ron.

We’ve got a very limited time to bring players in and Ron and the board must have identified players irrespective of what happens with Brown. The transfer window doesn’t move and with every defeat comes a timely reminder of how threadbare our current squad is in terms of quality.

I know the jury’s still out on RM for a lot on here but the guy’s been a football league chairman for many years and he’ll be focused on getting players in of that im sure. Whether most of our targets are either turning us down or dragging their feet im not sure but seems more likely.

Would you really rush to sign for a League One side who’s lost 7 of the last 8 games? Or wait til later in the month for a better offer?

Transfer Deadline Day isn’t just about clubs panic buying, it’s also about players panicking about being stuck at clubs where they’re not wanted and won’t play.

We’ll be doing everything we can to get bodies in but we’re a bloody hard sell right now.

Can he trust Browns choice of player though? The ones he chose this season haven't exactly shone have they? Not sure there is space in the treatment room for more PB signings

F'in hell. Some people take a football fans message board a tad too serious. There's far more to life.

I don't agree with the fact you deflect questions away from you by asking another question, or the fact nobody is right about Brown except you as you have this friendship with him but you've not said anything on this thread worthy of a ban as far as I can see

Great post 'DWB' and brave, given the bit of history between the two of you. Good to see you defending 'Rigsby'. Respect! :thumbsup:

I haven't been on here much today, so have only just read the posts and the debate was eloquent and I saw nothing to suggest any of it showed a lack of respect to other posters.

Posting styles can be misleading, if taken the wrong way, but it's far from some of the stuff I have seen recently on other threads with other posters.

In short, it's fractious and emotive at the moment, but I think we are all showing a lot of decorum at present.

Good hard and honest debate. Nothing wrong with that! :thumbsup:

So us and Gillingham are the remaining teams to make a transfer, the race is on!

Back