• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I think Phil Brown will be our manager until the end of his contract. Maybe I should have said "I fear" rather than "I think" .

On the subject of a new Eastwood or Collymore, I think we may already have one on our staff - Wabo. I know he's only a kid and I know it's asking a lot to expect him to come into the first team and be our saviour, but it is only League One we are talking about, not the Premiership. If Marc Antoine Fortune was asked to act as his mentor on and off the pitch I think Norman will shine. I say that MAF should be his mentor because he appears to be the most dedicated professional of our strikers.

It's pointless buying anyone. We don't even know who the manager will be next month.

Just get some loan guys in for the areas we need to cover. Sort out what system we intend to play and stick with it. Then just get on with gaining the 20 points.

We should be concentrating on sorting out what we're doing on the training ground, as much as anything.
Ron Martin knows who is going to be manager next month and its Phil Brown you don't let a manager splash the cash and bring in new signings if you are not backing your manager 100 per cent..

Ron Martin knows who is going to be manager next month and its Phil Brown you don't let a manager splash the cash and bring in new signings if you are not backing your manager 100 per cent..

We haven't brought anyone in yet though.

Just saying.

Think you will find the January window is open till 31 jan still plenty of time to get players in..
Echo today says we've missed out on two targets already. Longer it goes on the bigger the panic buy...

We need players for Saturday.

Right, here's the update. Ben Whiteman(Sheff Utd) and Jordy Hiwula(Fleetwood/Huddersfield) reject Southend to stay up North. Another striker wants to stay at the Championship club he is on loan with. Southend are currently in advanced talks with a Championship midfielder. Also in contact with a London Premiership club regarding a striker. They were the main targets. Others now being added to the list.
So they are trying. Maybe Phil's not good at this sort of thing. Where are the Persuaders?

Right, here's the update. Ben Whiteman(Sheff Utd) and Jordy Hiwula(Fleetwood/Huddersfield) reject Southend to stay up North. Another striker wants to stay at the Championship club he is on loan with. Southend are currently in advanced talks with a Championship midfielder. Also in contact with a London Premiership club regarding a striker. They were the main targets. Others now being added to the list.
So they are trying. Maybe Phil's not good at this sort of thing. Where are the Persuaders?

Does Brown only try and recruit northern players cos that's where he's from?

If really like us to sign a monster of a centre half from a prem side. Must be loads of quality 21 year olds needing some proper game time.

If we are going to spend some money let's sign someone from the lower leagues. John akinde from barnet would be a good shout. Strong and mobile with a great scoring record.

Time is ticking, now mid way through the month and nobody signed up....poor...very poor by our club...

league 2 here we come unfortunately....not Morecambe again!!!

...and what's wrong with Morecambe? Why, there's ..er..the f.f.freezing 50mph wind, the ice cold sea, plus, it's bound to be on a Tuesday in February,getting home @ 03:00 i the frost and a 3-0 defeat all for change (not much) from £60! What's not to love?!

Interesting that we don't appear, on the face of it, to be looking at a loan deal for a centre-half.

Brown only seems to look at teams/players higher up the pyramid and not potential in league 2 or even the conference.

...and what's wrong with Morecambe? Why, there's ..er..the f.f.freezing 50mph wind, the ice cold sea, plus, it's bound to be on a Tuesday in February,getting home @ 03:00 i the frost and a 3-0 defeat all for change (not much) from £60! What's not to love?!

They're very much the 'likes of' team for L2 aren't they? As in "we don't want to be playing the likes of Morecambe".

We are currently one of the 'likes of' teams for this division I think, whenever a 'big' club look like they may be dropping out of the Championship.

Both our division and the Championship do have a disproportionate amount of northern clubs right now.

We are a southern team with a fair few northern players. No idea as to whether northern clubs are full of northern players or not. He would be better searching locally to be fair

What happened to all of the so called ‘irons in the fire’ that PB was banging on about?

Is the fire out now?

I cannot see us staying up without at least 1 CM and a striker signing in the next week. It’s a shocking state of affairs

Back