• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Good move Andy.
I am not sure how we get out of this mess.
I am not sure we will.
I am not sure any of the added quality has added quality.
I am not sure that I am not sure.
I am not sure, actually I am certain, that when it comes to transfers we seem to have less credibility than Trump being a patron for a Mexican refugee charity.

Fair play. Great response! :thumbsup:

What's the deal with Sam Szmodics, C&P?

Looks a good player, to me. Can you hang on to him, or is there interest elsewhere?

Lots of interest, rumours of a 1 mill bid from Bournemouth but nothing certain so far. He is one of our academy lads born and bred in Colchester, I think his extra toes help with his balance! I think he is a decent player but this season he has really blossomed, can he keep up those performances though he may prove to be a one season wonder. He is contracted to us until May 2019 so a fee will be involved if he leaves in the next few months.

Lots of interest, rumours of a 1 mill bid from Bournemouth but nothing certain so far. He is one of our academy lads born and bred in Colchester, I think his extra toes help with his balance! I think he is a decent player but this season he has really blossomed, can he keep up those performances though he may prove to be a one season wonder. He is contracted to us until May 2019 so a fee will be involved if he leaves in the next few months.

Gives the impression of being a similar type of player to Jack Payne, is that fair?

Great to hear a youngster coming through the academy. Heard on a pre-match interview on the way to a game the other week, that he works and trains extra on his finishing, which has really helped his game.

Hope you can keep him, as it could be your ticket out of League 2.

Great to hear a youngster coming through the academy. Heard on a pre-match interview on the way to a game the other week, that he works and trains extra on his finishing, which has really helped his game.

Col Ewe's ticket out of League 2 is a return to the Conference.

Ron Martin knows who is going to be manager next month and its Phil Brown you don't let a manager splash the cash and bring in new signings if you are not backing your manager 100 per cent..

I should have replied to this earlier, shrimper.

I don't think RM would waste time letting PB go on leave, if results don't improve quickly, regardless of whether a couple of players are brought in or not.

Its anyones guess Andy, we have a very good set up in the academy with 5-6 of those players in our league first 11 at times this season. Because we play so many youngsters, players who have failed to make the grade higher up the pyramid are happy to sign for us because they know they stand a good chance of playing. The training ground has championship standard facilities which also creates a good impression, all we need now is a crowd!

Its anyones guess Andy, we have a very good set up in the academy with 5-6 of those players in our league first 11 at times this season. Because we play so many youngsters, players who have failed to make the grade higher up the pyramid are happy to sign for us because they know they stand a good chance of playing. The training ground has championship standard facilities which also creates a good impression, all we need now is a crowd!

Good way of running the club, though and maybe dropping down has given the chance to bring through those younger players.

Hope it works out as it's a great basis for moving forward.

Good way of running the club, though and maybe dropping down has given the chance to bring through those younger players.

Hope it works out as it's a great basis for moving forward.

As you know we are a small club with tiny crowds and little money to spend on wages and transfer fees. We rely on bringing players through to eventually sell on at a decent profit, and also as I said bring in young lads from further up the leagues in the hope of polishing up a gem!

Back