• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I see Marc Richards has left Northampton. At 35, he's a natural isn't he? The only thing against him is he actualy scores goals, so I suppose that rules him out.

It's so quiet on the transfer front especially from the club and Chris Phillips, expected something on Twitter today at least:omg:

Can he trust Browns choice of player though? The ones he chose this season haven't exactly shone have they? Not sure there is space in the treatment room for more PB signings

Yeah I agree. Personally I’d have sacked Brown after the defeat to AFC Wimbledon. Now we’re stuck in this god awful position of probably needing to sack a manager at the most crucial stage of the season which might save us but most likely might make things even worse due the impact it would have on potential transfers.

The point I’m making is Ron must be backing Brown or surely he’d have wielded the axe a couple of weeks ago?

Despite Gills remarkable turnaround under Lovell their ex player, they are definitely still looking to strengthen. Lovell said ", they know their jobs
From the moment we took over after every game we have worked on what we could do better, every little bit is now getting better and better " "Football is all about getting over problems, I take views from the players as they see things different to what we do" "We make sure everybody knows their roles" Luke O'Neill former Southend player said Our character is now shining through, every one on the pitch, we just keep going, the boys know what they are doing "
Maybe that all important win for Southend will be the turning point and getting confidence back with a more settled system will see us safe

It's so quiet on the transfer front especially from the club and Chris Phillips, expected something on Twitter today at least:omg:

Wonder what happened to the person we were hoping to bring in Monday last week.

Let’s just hope Ron telling Phil he is signing his targets is just a big smokescreen as he is actually locating Phil’s replacement.

This silence and lack of movement with regards to personnel changes is utter purgatory. On the face of it we’ve made the least progress in human history since the KKK hired Donald Trump to run a series of workshops on community relations in an effort to become more ‘inclusive’. If I go through more days like this, constantly refreshing ShrimperZone in desperate hope for non-existent news, I’ll be sending Ron the physiotherapist bills for my RSI problems.

When you look at the way both Atkinson and Thompson were allowed to leave,and now they struggle to get a game at their new clubs.....how we could do with option of either of them at the moment

Unless you are offering big money on either transfer fees, salaries etc most clubs, players and agents will be biding their time until nearer the end of the window trying to obtain a better deal.

When you look at the way both Atkinson and Thompson were allowed to leave,and now they struggle to get a game at their new clubs.....how we could do with option of either of them at the moment

From what I understood we lowballed them in the summer, no surprise they left.

What's worrying is that there aren't even any rumours of an signings.

The silence is weird. I don’t know what to make of it. Maybe, just maybe, Ron finally had enough after Saturday’s performance? He may be negotiating with Phil to bring an end to his tenure. It would explain the eerie silence. I hardly dare to hope.

From what I understood we lowballed them in the summer, no surprise they left.

Why would anyone want to sign for us? Signing for a club where the manager has lost the dressing room (with no indication he'll be getting sacked), has a dodgy pitch and is falling down the table at a rapid pace isn't exactly an appealing option for any half decent league player. Sure we have the Leonard money, but it's not much use if we're a less appealling option for players than if they stayed at their own club.

Unless you are offering big money on either transfer fees, salaries etc most clubs, players and agents will be biding their time until nearer the end of the window trying to obtain a better deal.

im sure there is some truth in that, however somehow 44 blighters have been signed up in our league no problem, so clearly it can't be that difficult to plan early and make a move. I know some players have moved irrespective of their agents for a host of different reasons. History shows it in our DNA to be constantly last to do anything whether it's pay bills, build a stadium or get players in

Back