• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

bazzashrimper

Director
I wonder how the players are feeling now that the axe has fallen? Mixed bag perhaps, Timlin seemed really determined and was a bit of a PB favourite, but others seemed to like him less?

I wonder how the players are feeling now that the axe has fallen? Mixed bag perhaps, Timlin seemed really determined and was a bit of a PB favourite, but others seemed to like him less?

I don’t think there will be an awful lot of disappointment. Think he’s always been a bit like Marmite, to the players as much as the fans, but I gathered that relationships even with those players who we’d heard were his “favourites” soured in the last few months.

Personally I hope they feel quilty - they have to take some (maybe a lot of) responsibility for the sackings and count themselves lucky they aren't the ones losing their jobs based on recent performances

Personally I hope they feel quilty - they have to take some (maybe a lot of) responsibility for the sackings and count themselves lucky they aren't the ones losing their jobs based on recent performances
Even though PB seems to have got his signings wrong, these players where proven footballers at a higher level, if not passed there best, but when piicked week after week they let Brown down. Couple that with injuries from the very start, i believe brown was doomed.

Agreed on some of that, though I wouldn't say they were the wrong signings at the time.

Reading between the lines, what I did sense was that when all was going well, it ticked over very nicely, but when the pressure was on, it wasn't handled very well and this transmits through to the team.

I do feel for PB. I think he was the architect of his own downfall in some ways. Getting us so close to the play-offs put us under enormous pressure to go a stage further and this, coupled with injuries, poor performances and some odd rants and team selections unraveled things very quickly.

In the end, it was a sinking ship and pretty much inevitable.

Agreed on some of that, though I wouldn't say they were the wrong signings at the time.

Reading between the lines, what I did sense was that when all was going well, it ticked over very nicely, but when the pressure was on, it wasn't handled very well and this transmits through to the team.

I do feel for PB. I think he was the architect of his own downfall in some ways. Getting us so close to the play-offs put us under enormous pressure to go a stage further and this, coupled with injuries, poor performances and some odd rants and team selections unraveled things very quickly.

In the end, it was a sinking ship and pretty much inevitable.
The question is now, can these same players turn it around for a new manager. Team selection for next game should be interesting.

I think they can, personally.

Player for player, we should match most teams in our division. Just need to be galvanized and organized.

I'll be interested in how the new manager sets-up, as well.

Yep, Saturday's team could be very interesting, whoever picks it.

Can I borrow a feelin'?
Could you lend me a jar of love?
Hurtin' hearts need some healin',
Take my hand with your glove of love.

I still think the signings were not wrong but managed and trained by a clueless baffoon. I have more confidence that this team will perform better now that Brown has finally been given his marching orders and if they do there should be no guilt as they have always been set up wrong by a clueless muppet!

I think if a new manager sets the team up right, where every player selected can play to their strengths and minimise their weaknesses, then we could see a rapid improvement in results. We need a manager who expects every player to do defensive type duties when we don't have the ball but the freedom to get forward and support others when we do (have the ball) plus defenders with the nous to cover those that get forward

I think we did most of that under PB, in fairness.

We lost our way in the end, partly to do with the state of the pitch, but at our best, we worked as a team at both ends of the park.

If anything, a lot of our goals conceded were on the break, when we were a bit too adventurous.

I think most will be relieved. PB is a great manager when things are going well, but an exceptionally poor one when the chips are down. Look at his record. Couldn't turn around poor slumps in form at all of his previous clubs.

I think this highlights his limitations as a manager. A good one, but not quite good enough.

In terms of signings in the summer, I think most of them were welcomed, and applauded, however I think we were a couple short in terms of youth/pace/athleticism to go with the experience/talent of the signings we did have.

We needed to replace Atkinson and Thomson like for like, and we didn't we replaced them with older injury prone players.

I know it’s childish, but I keep thinking of that video from the players changing room a few years ago when Steve Evans got sacked. I’m sure someone could link to it

Agree, especially some of the youngsters from what I heard
Brown says the players are playing without confidence, he then calls out Harry for a mistake and drops him. Next match vs Fleetwood he again talks about lack of confidence and calls out Anton AND refers back to Harry’s mistake in the previous game, and again says lack of confidence. Could he not join the dots together. I can see why players, and younger players in particular are scared of making a mistake. I know lots of youngsters broke through under brown but scratch beneath the surface and most were when he had little or no choice.

Last edited:
A lot of under performing players probably needed this shake up.Hopefully change of tactics and new signings will be a breath of fresh air to the team.
As for Kiernan his injury was probably the major start of Brown's problems

Back