• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Didn't realise he was still only 23! Hopefully can get some games under his belt now

Good luck to him. Think he is a decent left back whose form (from reading his interview on the Motherwell FC site) has been affected by him being a long way from friends and family. Obviously our season didn't help things for him. Hope he does well.

Sorry to see him go - hopefully now PB has at last left the building he may have a good end to the season and return to us for next year as a much more confident player that will add value to our squad.

Unfortunately he couldn't be relied upon to play well often enough. I've seen him play excellent and really poor. One of the most inconsistent players ever to play for Southend. Had confidence issues as well if he made a mistake early in a game.

Sorry to see him go - hopefully now PB has at last left the building he may have a good end to the season and return to us for next year as a much more confident player that will add value to our squad.

I think his confidence problems preceded PB but hopefully a better man manager will be able to unlock his potential.

Unfortunately he couldn't be relied upon to play well often enough. I've seen him play excellent and really poor. One of the most inconsistent players ever to play for Southend. Had confidence issues as well if he made a mistake early in a game.

Even when he was bad, he was still better than Timlin at left-back :smile:

This does leave us light at full-back but if Coker does get injured, hopefully they will give Elvis a chance and not stick Timlin back there

Timlin is fine in the position he played on Saturday

Motherwell said:
"Despite his young age, Stephen already has great experience in Scotland and has also learned from being at top clubs down south."

Crikey :cool::thumbsup:

For those that might be interested in the truth. When he came here the first time both Hendrie and the head of the WHU academy were delighted with his time under PB.....In fact he would have stayed and kept his place ahead of Coker. Unfortunately for Hendrie we couldn't afford both so he went back to West Ham.

I was surprised when he struggled at Blackburn but something obviously went wrong....It happens with young players. With Coker breaking a leg pre-season he had a great opportunity to kick start his career.....Sadly he forgot how to defend and would lose concentration and forget some Sunday morning basics....Watch the first goal at Bristol R for example.

Of course some of you will take great delight in the fact it hasn't worked out for him because PB signed him. I wish him all the best, he seems a decent lad and there's a decent career in there somewhere if he can find it. With a new a challenge and some family support lets hope this move turns into a positive one.

For those that might be interested in the truth. When he came here the first time both Hendrie and the head of the WHU academy were delighted with his time under PB.....In fact he would have stayed and kept his place ahead of Coker. Unfortunately for Hendrie we couldn't afford both so he went back to West Ham.

I was surprised when he struggled at Blackburn but something obviously went wrong....It happens with young players. With Coker breaking a leg pre-season he had a great opportunity to kick start his career.....Sadly he forgot how to defend and would lose concentration and forget some Sunday morning basics....Watch the first goal at Bristol R for example.

Of course some of you will take great delight in the fact it hasn't worked out for him because PB signed him. I wish him all the best, he seems a decent lad and there's a decent career in there somewhere if he can find it. With a new a challenge and some family support lets hope this move turns into a positive one.

why do you write a decent post for 80% of the way but then consistently use the last 20% to make a presumptive dig at our supporters?

why do you write a decent post for 80% of the way but then consistently use the last 20% to make a presumptive dig at our supporters?

If your not one of the people I'm referring to you won't take offence will you.

When Demetriou had that pressure penalty at home to Oldham, we had missed our last 3.... Mr Angry in the reds literally sank back in his seat when we scored much to the amusement of some those around me.......Someone who wants one of our players to miss so that he can scream abuse at the manager is not a fan, not a supporter, just a first class ****.

Someone who tells a players wife to **** off is also a first class ****.......Of course if your not the sort of person to do that you don't have to worry. On the other hand if your are and in one particular case then you really should be worried.

Is that another Zone myth?

If your not one of the people I'm referring to you won't take offence will you.

When Demetriou had that pressure penalty at home to Oldham, we had missed our last 3.... Mr Angry in the reds literally sank back in his seat when we scored much to the amusement of some those around me.......Someone who wants one of our players to miss so that he can scream abuse at the manager is not a fan, not a supporter, just a first class ****.

Someone who tells a players wife to **** off is also a first class ****.......Of course if your not the sort of person to do that you don't have to worry. On the other hand if your are and in one particular case then you really should be worried.

As I have said before and was shouted down by OBL, it seems to be Mr Angry in the reds you have a beef with. Rather than keep having a moan about him on here, go and say something to him. We don't want to hear it

When a player goes to a Scottish Premier League club, I never know whether that's an upwards, sideways or downwards move!

As I have said before and was shouted down by OBL, it seems to be Mr Angry in the reds you have a beef with. Rather than keep having a moan about him on here, go and say something to him. We don't want to hear it

In fairness, this is Moan City, Arizona on here.

Whether it be about fellow supporters, manager, players, chairman, Network Rail or whoever.

When a player goes to a Scottish Premier League club, I never know whether that's an upwards, sideways or downwards move!

Definitely downwards, apart from Celtic who are level with Championship, unless of course you look on the BBC Sports website. :angry:

Yep, I guess Rangers and Celtic would be an upgrade, but then again, he would be playing against them, so therefore against a Championship standard side.

Back