• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

See Scunthorpe sacked their manager wouldn't be surprised to see Manton being recalled

You can't recall loanees outside of the transfer window unless it's an short term loan (which were scrapped for everyone except goalkeepers in the Football League a couple of seasons ago).

Nice touch, happy to run with the ball and good awareness. Looks a quality player for me.

Nice touch, happy to run with the ball and good awareness. Looks a quality player for me.

Had his volley in the first half hit the back of the net instead of the roof of the North Stand, then the move leading to it and the 'goal' would have been the talk of the Zone today.

Had his volley in the first half hit the back of the net instead of the roof of the North Stand, then the move leading to it and the 'goal' would have been the talk of the Zone today.

From my view in the West, it did not hit the roof of the North. I believe it came down again at 4.30 near the Airport Retail Park

I got my wish, he played..I like him, he looks well decent when match fit..agree?

I agree Jonesheshrimp. I thought he looked a very good and intelligent player. Obviously tired before he came off, but to be expected. With him and Yearwood good at winning the ball back and harder to get past than Woody, I thought we were much more solid in the middle. I can't wait to see him when fully fit.

No I was referring to Fortune ,I thought he had some superb passing movements & someone was slagging him off

So that was Mantoms first game for how long and debut for us. Played like he had been there all season. Looked classy.

Yes I liked what we saw so far. Obviously it may take a few games to see the best of him after such a long layoff. Would be a better partner for Dru, as Wordsworth seems to restrict Dru going forward and of course I personally am not Woody's biggest fan.....To much coasting for a CM.

Mantom playing, and doing better at The Hall may have been a further bang in the nail coffin for Alexander to get the sack at Scunny. Maybe the owners there thought he had lost the dressing room and the board room and the terraces.

Yes I liked what we saw so far. Obviously it may take a few games to see the best of him after such a long layoff. Would be a better partner for Dru, as Wordsworth seems to restrict Dru going forward and of course I personally am not Woody's biggest fan.....To much coasting for a CM.

A guy behind me shouted out to Woody in the second half, ''YOU'RE TACKLING LIKE A FAIRY'' after he pulled his leg out of another 50/50 challenge. I turned around and said he's right, but Woody was obviously protecting himself from another long injury lay off.

Mantom showed in the first half before he understandably tired, that he has a real presence in midfield and can impose himself on the opposition in way we haven't seen from Wright. If he gets more game time he could end up bossing the midfield by the end of the season. Just the sort of player we need, assuming his fitness is not an issue.

A guy behind me shouted out to Woody in the second half, ''YOU'RE TACKLING LIKE A FAIRY'' after he pulled his leg out of another 50/50 challenge. I turned around and said he's right, but Woody was obviously protecting himself from another long injury lay off.

I know he is never going to be a Peter Butler but I don't condemn him for that. To many times he receives the ball with a bit of time and space and rather than turn and look to hurt them, he plays a nice 'safe' pass back to Coker. Plus unlike say a Tilson who was excellent at pass and move, with Woody its pass and coast.

Manton ( for some reason) reminded me a little bit of Mike Marsh, of course not as good, but he bossed it well, and the way he kept looking up all the time, to make a good pass, none of that head down aimless passes that we have been seeing.

Manton ( for some reason) reminded me a little bit of Mike Marsh, of course not as good, but he bossed it well, and the way he kept looking up all the time, to make a good pass, none of that head down aimless passes that we have been seeing.

Mike Marsh was soooo good. I'd love a player in that style again. PB didn't seem enamoured with that kind of player.

Back