• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

There's a load of "Southend Casuals" out there, all aged 18 or so, I was treated to some Twitter footage. No idea if they are caught up in this, but if they went to Russia they would probably run a mile, as they did in Portsmouth recently when confronted with a couple of proper local firm lads!

Just the same as that infamous first game of the season many years back against Bolton. About 20 die hards jumped over the North Bank to defend honour. About 200 junior mouthy ***** were half way up Fairfax drive in seconds. I remember vividly standing watching the events unfold and realising that the North Bank around me was a ghost town.

Personally I would encourage every English hooligan, including those with travel bans, to travel to Russia and see how disorder is dealt with Russian style.

Is that it? I've seen worse over there on a friday night from the locals. At least they weren't all skulking around trying to serve up charlie and then pulling blades when told to **** off.

Is that it? I've seen worse over there on a friday night from the locals. At least they weren't all skulking around trying to serve up charlie and then pulling blades when told to **** off.

I'm sure the people on the boats loved being soaked in beer and abused while on a probably well deserved break. There used to be honour amongst football supporters - don't target the "hats and scarves" and families. That seems to have gone by the board in recent times.

I'm sure the people on the boats loved being soaked in beer and abused while on a probably well deserved break. There used to be honour amongst football supporters - don't target the "hats and scarves" and families. That seems to have gone by the board in recent times.

Yeah, a bit like driving a car while drunk in West London. Don't talk to me about honour while you defend that sort of stuff.

Checking out my new councils policies with bins and they want to charge me £52 a year to take away Garden waste!! I thought Oxford charging £30 was daylight robbery!

How much does it cost in Southend?
ServiceFee
Garden waste sacks (roll of 10)£6.50
240 litre Garden waste bin (to purchase)*£29.13
52 week garden waste permit (March-March) - annual payment by direct debit£43.60
52 week garden waste permit (March - March) - annual payment non direct debit£52.30

ServiceFee
52 week garden waste permit (March-March) - annual payment by direct debit£43.60
52 week garden waste permit (March - March) - annual payment non direct debit£52.30

Daylight robbery!

Daylight robbery!
True, I encourage my neighbours to put their green garden waste in my roll bin as I don't want it put out half empty. and they do use this service so I don't feel quite so mugged off by SBC. However it IS a lot of money for a recycling project.

Away day to watch Blues vs Oxford. We don't do many away days, so after going to Charlton I had the Oxford game in mind. TravelZone to get us there, and bosh, job done. Just been told by Mrs RHB that we are going daughter visiting in Birmingham to see their new apartment on the 13th with weekend frolics thrown in, back on Sunday. Triffic!

ServiceFee

I take all my sons down to Leigh Tip.

Tough dad. Wouldn't a simple telling off survice?

'Back in the day' circa 1970's, there was a copper in Southend called Bill Gosling. He was about 19 stone, & an ex Marine. He was the only copper who when he appeared, literally everyone would leg it instantly.
If you were unfortunate enough to get nicked by him for a minor deed, he was renown for driving down to Leigh Tip, making you remove your Dr. Martens or shoes, shoving you out the police car & dropping your footwear off at Leigh Station.
Imagine that happening today, he would be sacked instantly!!!!.
Point was though, we all respected him as a Policeman not to take liberties with. Something that dos'nt appear to happen in these current times?.

'Back in the day' circa 1970's, there was a copper in Southend called Bill Gosling. He was about 19 stone, & an ex Marine. He was the only copper who when he appeared, literally everyone would leg it instantly.
If you were unfortunate enough to get nicked by him for a minor deed, he was renown for driving down to Leigh Tip, making you remove your Dr. Martens or shoes, shoving you out the police car & dropping your footwear off at Leigh Station.
Imagine that happening today, he would be sacked instantly!!!!.
Point was though, we all respected him as a Policeman not to take liberties with. Something that dos'nt appear to happen in these current times?.

Obviously better coppers in Leigh. In Benfleet they rolled you up in a mattress and gave you a good kicking. Wasn't much respect for those barstewards as I recall.

Really? The police need to be seen as people kids can approach if something is wrong, rather than people to be scared of. :facepalm:

Back