• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Illness. My wife had a cold earlier in the week. So, in the first week I've had off work this year I've spent my time looking after the kids whilst they're off school so my wife can get well. I've also now managed to catch her cold, so the rest of this week will be spent getting well so I can go back to work on Monday.

Didn't stop me going to the Gillingham match though. :smile:

I seemed to have booked leave by mistake. Dire weather, bored kid. Roll on Monday and I ain't joking.

Doing my expenses for a work trip last month. Fairly certain I paid cash for the taxi to the airport from the office for me and some colleagues but can I find the receipt? Can I ****.

Kev parking the taxi outside Southend Hospital outside Chase school today to go and visit his mum in hospital, where she's recovering from a heart attack, and coming back to find his driver window smashed, glass everywhere and his float and takings (from an early start) stolen from inside the driver door side pocket. They weren't visible, nothing else was stolen and bear in mind, that it has a sat nav and dash cam fitted on the windscreen. Seems to have been done with a catapult as a pebble was found on the passenger seat. Police said they even had reports of theft from cars INSIDE the hospital car park yesterday. Absolute scum bags, honestly, if it wasn't for bad luck, we'd have no luck at all! :angry:

Kev parking the taxi outside Southend Hospital outside Chase school today to go and visit his mum in hospital, where she's recovering from a heart attack, and coming back to find his driver window smashed, glass everywhere and his float and takings (from an early start) stolen from inside the driver door side pocket. They weren't visible, nothing else was stolen and bear in mind, that it has a sat nav and dash cam fitted on the windscreen. Seems to have been done with a catapult as a pebble was found on the passenger seat. Police said they even had reports of theft from cars INSIDE the hospital car park yesterday. Absolute scum bags, honestly, if it wasn't for bad luck, we'd have no luck at all! :angry:

Sorry to hear that OBL, that's a busy road at the best of times, & to do that in broad daylight (?), shows what Pondlife is floating about the streets.
As for the thefts inside the Hospital car park, would presume they have CCTV cameras in operation?. Trouble is, doe's the Law prioritise vehicle theft on the same level as other crimes committed, or their policy is not to follow them up?.
Point is in this world we live in, is that if I caught anyone breaking into my car, he'd be in Hospital & have to use a straw to eat with.
But if that scenario ever unfolded, no doubt i'd be the one prosecuted, & the scroat would walk free.
As for bad luck, we all seem to go through a period of time in our life's when this happens ( weird, but strangely true for many people? ), only support I can offer is to acknowledge things will improve for the better sooner rather than later.
Appreciate it's easy for anyone to say that, but have been there myself. Just to give 1 example, my younger brother died of Sepsis nearly 3 years ago ( as you know ). From leaving his body at my Mums, I drove from Rayleigh to Westcliff to inform my dad ( who also passed away 4 months later ), & my exhaust fell off just before Kent Elms!!!. FFS, what an afternoon!. And within the next 15 months, also lost my Uncle ( dad's brother ), my estranged wife & 3 good mates who i'd known since going to Belfairs!.

Was watching some adult entertainment this afternoon when I noticed that the male lead had an uncanny resemblance to the late Martin McGuinness. Not as bad as the ones above but spoiled my afternoon.

Still at least we are getting our country back!

Watched all the footage of the Liverpool fans with the City bus. What a scummy bunch of *****! I really hope City destroy them in the second leg at city because they’re a disgrace club and should be punished for their ******** fans.

Watched all the footage of the Liverpool fans with the City bus. What a scummy bunch of *****! I really hope City destroy them in the second leg at city because they’re a disgrace club and should be punished for their ******** fans.
Pretty harsh brandishing the whole club a disgrace due to the actions of a few. They should get heavily fined, then move on.

A man with a dog begging for money on the C2C.

Quite common on the Tube but first time I have seen it on the train.

I gave him 50p that was in my pocket even though charities tell you not to.

A man with a dog begging for money on the C2C.

Quite common on the Tube but first time I have seen it on the train.

I gave him 50p that was in my pocket even though charities tell you not to.
Seriously? That's surely not allowed?

The whole Harry Kane and the 2nd goal. Absolutely pathetic he is that desperate to claim that because he’s scared Salah will beat him. I hope he does and he will without having to claim someone else’s goal like the dopey looking prick!

The whole Harry Kane and the 2nd goal. Absolutely pathetic he is that desperate to claim that because he’s scared Salah will beat him. I hope he does and he will without having to claim someone else’s goal like the dopey looking prick!

Agreed, however social media has been hilarious following on from it!

Back