• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Lee Martin by any chance? Released by gills.

Not for me. Our recent signings of Gillingham cast offs haven't exactly set the world alight. AB of course does not count as his time spent with those wrong'uns was forced upon him for financial reasons.

When he signed for them 2 years ago, I do remember him being championed on here. How did we miss out etc. He broke his ankle in a pre season friendly as can happen and has not played nowhere near enough matches since then. Certainly not a regular last season.

Yes. One that people would know as last season he was with a L1 club. Lets hope no one nips in and bags him instead.

Not saying Adams isn't being looked at but we do have 5 regular first team players under negotiation and Anton on the list. So if some of them go else where we will need more experience than punts.

Had a quick scan through League One end of contract midfielders and the name that sticks out is Ed Upson.

Central midfield, bit of an all rounder, reliable, consistent and capable of playing every game of the season. I know we’ve been interested in him previously and he’s a local(ish) lad who will likely want to stay in league one following MK’s relegation. If he’s who we’re after then it could be a pretty good bit of business.

My worry is that CP will make all his signing by the middle of June and publicly say that's it... What are we gonna talk about until August????

Had a quick scan through League One end of contract midfielders and the name that sticks out is Ed Upson.

Central midfield, bit of an all rounder, reliable, consistent and capable of playing every game of the season. I know we’ve been interested in him previously and he’s a local(ish) lad who will likely want to stay in league one following MK’s relegation. If he’s who we’re after then it could be a pretty good bit of business.

We had him on trial many years ago when he was at/being released by Ipswich. Think this would have been under Tilly. He underwhelmed then and we've played against him a fair few times since and I've never thought that we particularly missed out. I'd be keen on getting someone more mobile and would still be underwhelmed if we signed him but sometimes you need steady instead of spectacular.

In terms of strikers, assuming Cox signs on, I would like to have a look at Eoin Doyle. Scored 13 in 19 for a poor Oldham outfit last season and is heavily out of favour at Preston.

According to Wiki, "He has become a fan favourite with his goal scoring ability, and ginger hair."

What's not to like?

You clearly didn't go to Oldham...........

Pell is an excellent signing. 3 year deal seems a bit excessive, though. Does that mean Szmodics is off?

Yes 3 years was a very decent deal for the player, he wanted to move back to his Essex roots apparently, we tried to sign him once before but he went to Cheltenham instead. No mention of Szmodics leaving recently, he is a local boy who came up through our youth academy, he was born in Colchester and loves the club so I think it will take a big offer for him to leave.

Don't be surprised if you hear that a former player is considering a possible return to Blues this summer. My understanding is that preliminary discussions were held last week.

Back