• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I have heard we are very likely to sign one of our CM targets who has L1 experience.

I’m sure you’ve been given a name, but Adams was on loan at Shrewsbury in the first part of last season...

Any relation?.

Yes, it’s his son. Started off at Orient, released him when we were in League One and poached him back when Daggers hit the financial skids last season.

I’m sure you’ve been given a name, but Adams was on loan at Shrewsbury in the first part of last season...

Yes, it’s his son. Started off at Orient, released him when we were in League One and poached him back when Daggers hit the financial skids last season.

Any other good players at your level (non league) we could pick up?

I like this diamond in the rough strategy, Barratt, maybe Adams. I'm sure CP has all the confidence in his coaching staff to get the best out of players like this. Lets hope they come good!

Is this Adams bloke the one you had last season who has just been released by Norwich?

Yes. One that people would know as last season he was with a L1 club. Lets hope no one nips in and bags him instead.

Not saying Adams isn't being looked at but we do have 5 regular first team players under negotiation and Anton on the list. So if some of them go else where we will need more experience than punts.

Yes. One that people would know as last season he was with a L1 club. Lets hope no one nips in and bags him instead.

Not saying Adams isn't being looked at but we do have 5 regular first team players under negotiation and Anton on the list. So if some of them go else where we will need more experience than punts.

In your opinion if we can get this player is it a good signing?

Would like to throw a suggestion into the mix, Josh Rees at Bromley. Having spent his youth career at Arsenal, Josh has floated around for a few years before settling at Bromley this season. A southend High school for Boys student, championed for his incredible engine and notched 16 goals in the conference from Centre Midfield this season. Funnily enough, he appears in Sam Barratt's twitter picture playing for England C. At only 24, and having very similar attributes to Lenny, I cant see why we wouldn't want to sign Josh

In your opinion if we can get this player is it a good signing?

Yes certainly. For our CM its all about who would compliment Dru next season, hence the release of Wright and Wordsworth. This lad fits the job description just fine.

Then again unlike others I have no problem with Timlin in the reserve midfield holding position. He was the unsung hero at Peterborough for that season changing clean sheet. Without him then Dru would have been sent off and we would have probably lost as they lobbed the kitchen sink at us second half.

Dru would have been suspended, which would have cost him his place and perhaps changed his season. I know some on here have difficulty understanding why PB used the term but in a period when we couldn't buy one, CP knew how important for the team that 'clean sheet' was. His fist pump after the game said we are only going up the table from here.

Instead of Dru being suspended and CP under pressure our record in February went on to be W3 D1 L0 F7 A1. Including good wins against Wigan and Pompey. With 13 from his first 5 games we were safe. Timlin played along side Dru in all of them.

Don't want us to end up with another case of 'Atkinson' syndrome. On a tight budget Timlin is well worth a 2 year deal. As long as he doesn't start thinking he is Glen Hoddle and gives it simple like he did at Posh. Including our new signing we already have a good midfield range of players who can hurt the opposition.

We just a need a number 9 who can head a ball. I think Cox scored at Fleetwood with his head but cant think of any others from our front 4 ?

Would like to throw a suggestion into the mix, Josh Rees at Bromley. Having spent his youth career at Arsenal, Josh has floated around for a few years before settling at Bromley this season. A southend High school for Boys student, championed for his incredible engine and notched 16 goals in the conference from Centre Midfield this season. Funnily enough, he appears in Sam Barratt's twitter picture playing for England C. At only 24, and having very similar attributes to Lenny, I cant see why we wouldn't want to sign Josh

Only if he's Sparta.

In terms of strikers, assuming Cox signs on, I would like to have a look at Eoin Doyle. Scored 13 in 19 for a poor Oldham outfit last season and is heavily out of favour at Preston.

According to Wiki, "He has become a fan favourite with his goal scoring ability, and ginger hair."

What's not to like?

Just seen Matt Harrold in Leigh High Street...... Surely Not:unsure:

We’ll give you Bonne for free if you take Harrold and Mooney back as well.

Is this Adams bloke the one you had last season who has just been released by Norwich?

Yes. He has at least three offers on the table already. All about whether he wants to sit on an FL bench or start every week in Tinpottown.

sadly ive just noticed Sam Mamson is on scunthorpes retained list Would have loved to have him in our squad .But looks like its not to be

sadly ive just noticed Sam Mamson is on scunthorpes retained list Would have loved to have him in our squad .But looks like its not to be

Could’ve done with them getting promoted, they might have been more inclined to let him go.

I'm not sure if I'd read too much into that - Sam Mantom is on the list of players that are already under contract for next season. The only other option would be to transfer list him (like we have done with Ferdinand), which tells him he's not wanted. They'll obviously sit back and see what offers come in.

Back