• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Should we give Nile another chance given our injury situation?

• Total voters
What's he meant to do? Go to the paper and say "Yeah, I'm a complete waste of space, but I'd like another shot at a football career"? Much like how we dress up our CV in order to get a job, this is exactly what Nile has done here.

To be fair to him that's exactly what he has said in the following quote:

Asked why a club should trust him, Ranger replied:You know what, they shouldn’t. But things can be put in my contract so they can get rid of me if I mess around."

What's he meant to do? Go to the paper and say "Yeah, I'm a complete waste of space, but I'd like another shot at a football career"? Much like how we dress up our CV in order to get a job, this is exactly what Nile has done here.

When I put career break on my CV it doesn't mean I was in prison at the time.

Well, not a UK prison anyway.

In a strange way I kinda miss Ranger (maybe the unpredictability of what was going to happen?)

I still remember the incredible reception he got when he came on as a sub in his 1st game after being released from jail... how he never realised what a great opportunity we gave him I don’t know

Other teams clearly feared him, but he’ll probably go down as another player who blew it. The talent was there, but brains were amiss. Hope he can prove us all wrong and come back, but cannot see it happening

Nile could always get a slot on DIY SOS.

After prison the club (Ron) moved him into a brand new house. When he left 3/4 months later they had to pay for a new kitchen and things like damaged bathroom floor tiles.

Needless to say he didn’t pay any bills either so next time you moan about facilities at RH, remember where your money went.

I wish him every bit of misery that will come his way.

Nile could always get a slot on DIY SOS.

After prison the club (Ron) moved him into a brand new house. When he left 3/4 months later they had to pay for a new kitchen and things like damaged bathroom floor tiles.

Needless to say he didn’t pay any bills either so next time you moan about facilities at RH, remember where your money went.

I wish him every bit of misery that will come his way.

https://www.shrimperzone.com/forums/threads/rons-latest-blog.48821/

In a strange way I kinda miss Ranger (maybe the unpredictability of what was going to happen?)

I still remember the incredible reception he got when he came on as a sub in his 1st game after being released from jail... how he never realised what a great opportunity we gave him I don’t know

Other teams clearly feared him, but he’ll probably go down as another player who blew it. The talent was there, but brains were amiss. Hope he can prove us all wrong and come back, but cannot see it happening

I also believe that it's a shame that we are not getting the chance to see these moves at tha Hall on on our travels anymore...:Worthy:

On his day he could be unplayable....that 17 minutes at Sheffield United was one of the best performances I've seen from an individual in such a short space of time. Such a waste of talent, if only he could have sorted himself out but I fear it's too late now.

When I watched that collation video I remembered why he was so exciting to watch when he was on his game. A totally wasted talent that Ron and Southend gave every opportunity to rebuild his career. He acknowledges this in his last interview, but what a total ****ing idiot he was for blowing it all. Although I should be ashamed for thinking this, if he did totally mend his ways I'd have him back like a shot.

I despair with people like Nile, I can not for the life of me understand what and how he carries on. It is very sad, very harmful, very wasteful: and THAT it is seemingly an untreatable, undefined mental illness akin to self harm is tragic.

If he had a brain he would have ditched the gangsta lifestyle and late night party's, until after he had finished with professional football. Such a good player on his day. What a waste.

Back