• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Should we give Nile another chance given our injury situation?

• Total voters
Forgetting all the hype around Nile, I actually thought he was disappointing as a player. Had no real goal touch about him and didn't seem to be overly match aware.

Expected better, in truth. Glimpses of talent are not enough over a season.

Forgetting all the hype around Nile, I actually thought he was disappointing as a player. Had no real goal touch about him and didn't seem to be overly match aware.

Expected better, in truth. Glimpses of talent are not enough over a season.

I don't think there's any doubt he could have been a wonderful player at our level and higher if he'd wished to apply himself.Sadly,he didn't.

I'm not even sure about applying himself. Just wasn't convinced he was that talented a player.

Had such a weak shot on him for a striker.

Maybe it was a confidence thing.

I'm not even sure about applying himself. Just wasn't convinced he was that talented a player.

I would have thought a lot of that would have been down to losing body strength in his legs (in particular) after not having been in full time training for some time.

Guy has the talent, just needs to apply some discipline.

That’s the problem he’s

Agree with you AndyT. His so called talent was way overrated. Yes he was strong if you threw the ball into his feet and he could flick a ball on with his head ( on days he could be bothered) but that certainly isn’t enough to say he is a wasted talent.

As a striker he didn’t have a scorers instinct, had a poor shot, poor positioning, heading at goal was worse than Sunday league. And had Zero composure in a one-on-one.

All his gangster image is hiding an insecure person..... On and off the pitch.

Football and especially SUFC gave him many chances to not have to behave like that. The fact that he chooses repeatedly to want to mix with wrong’uns and live down to his lifestyle is totally Nile Rangers fault.

Last edited:
Brave of Oxford to give him another chance, good luck to him, but ultimately we all know he’ll mess it up again...

If he does play for them against us it will be interesting to see what reception he gets from us lot!!

Probably a better one, than Ricky Holmes usually gets!

Is the reception for Holmes just based on the fact that he is good and always scores against us...rather than something he has said or done?

For Ranger, he doesn't really deserve any kind of reception positive or negative. It would be too respectful on our part. He had his chance and blew it.

Every time I see this thread in my alerts I think 'whose signed him' 'where is he on trial' - waiting for a pun on that one - but sadly I don't think it's ever going to be either of things for footballing reasons at least.

As a mark of respect, I think we should all turn up half an hour after the game has started!

I think Oxford may have caught him at right time.
I don't see him as a disappointing player, just a disappointing individual.
He has so much talent, pity HE has so far wasted it. Just think penny will drop and he would
then be probably the best striker in Div 1.

I honestly think we should try to get him back as a replacement for Hopper , could do much worse *

( * come on little fishes , jump into my net )

Luckily our management arn’t as weak as some fans.

God above, no. I'm all for giving people a fair crack of the whip, but Ranger has taken the **** out of us and every club he's ever played for. He's not fit (mentally) to be a pro footballer.

Back