• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Dagenham & Redbridge 3-0 Southend United

I've seen a lot of stuff on here over the years that has shocked me, but this has got me gobsmacked. After one game....one game....someone saying we should have kept Phil Brown. Then others having a go at Stan Collymore. It's taken years to get in this horrendous League position. I've said many times this team has hardly any pace, a slow midfield they just waltz past, and not much quality in the team and squad. It's not down to Kev, or Stan. It's badly broken. They didn't break it, but they will try their very best to fix it, given the chance. I now suspect Stan may walk away for good if he gets any more of this extremely unfair criticism. After all he's done, I'm totally shocked. If you want to have a go, you have to blame recruitment, past managers and scouts, and the players signed and those they got on loan, which have also been a massive disappointment, and not helped improve the team at all. Guys, those doing it, please lay off the new management team and Stan. Give them a chance. Judge them in 6 months or a year. Don't judge them on this team they inherited.

For me the midfield, or lack of it, has been our main problem (along with many others of course) since CP's tenure.
I agree, I didn’t go today, but Ogogo, Dunne & Ferguson are not attacking midfielders by any description. Ideally one of those three alongside someone more attacking in a 442 would make sense, the more attacking option would probably have to be a new signing unless Bridge moves more central. I guess we need him as a wide man though, we haven’t got any other decent options there too… I pity Maher right now.

Reactions: GBJ
I don’t understand why supporters would turn on the players. Is this the best squad- no. First half not a bad effort against a team at the top of the league. They concede and then the confidence drains away. Don’t know about you but I’m sure if my confidence is low I really enjoy people shouting and moaning at me. Trust me after that game they will feel low enough without people berating them and denting their confidence even more. Encourage not disparage. Shouting at the team and taking the pee out of 20 year old keeper will do nothing. Only make them worse. They need all our help. Let’s get behind them no matter what. We may not be happy with them but let’s try as a unit to build them up! Pointless taking support away if we don’t actually support. It may be hard. We may want to moan but let’s put that aside and try and build them up. We go again

I think we really need to look at the youth team. We have, through solid investment produced some absolute gems in recent times and despite our first team being an embarrassment for years the youth team continues to celebrate success and strong results year on year. Even the most recent recruits - the likes of Clifford, Rush, Sayers, Howard look streets ahead of Grandad Abu, Great Auntie Dunne and their pet Josh the Sloth.

Even when we were in league one prior to the lockdown that youth team was turning a corner - albeit we wouldn't of stayed up but they could play- we are two league lower now and their quality is the same. We need the legs of Kinalli, Gard etc not this rag tag bunch of wage gulping, couldn't give a flying monkeys merchinaries.

Rather than rushing out and trying to get in 8/9 players it's these lads we should be introducing, we already know the numpties in the first team can't perform and these boys are in their 30's they aren't suddenly going to become better players

I
Why can't people talk back to Stan Collymore? Anything people don't agree with he throws the Dolly out of his pram. It seems to me that he will eventually fall out with everyone at the club. This has been proven everywhere he has ever been employed in the past.
I demand respect for what I've done for the club in the past, and what I'm trying to do now. That's it.

You and one or two others are dealing in clichés that you can't back up with facts, so I have a right of reply, just like you.

Don’t rise to it Stan. Clearly not Southend supporters. Anyone who has watched your zoom has heard you talking about accountability within the new structure. Having been at the game today all I can’t seem to get out my head is how myles Weston tore us a new one when he couldn’t get in our team all those years ago

I

I demand respect for what I've done for the club in the past, and what I'm trying to do now. That's it.

You and one or two others are dealing in clichés that you can't back up with facts, so I have a right of reply, just like you.
Well said Stan :Happy:

Edit: I’d also note others replies to this individual tonight, he speaks for himself but not the vast majority on here.

To get back to the thread,didn't expect anything from today's encounter as Kev has inherited one of the worse squads this club as ever had.Whilst we tried felt the set up was wrong we need to get back to a flat back four.Time and time again both Bridge and Egbri were neither forward or back so ineffective.Once Daggers scored which was so easy from poor defending heads fell and we caved in.Daggers wernt great but they were organised and had players that were prepared to bust a gut to get into the box. On a positive note we do have some players like Dalby,Phillip's we could build a team around but several which are passed there sell by date and need to get rid.Its not going to be quick and easy and Kev needs time to sort this mess out.As supporters we need to be patient as long as we finish about the dotted line I will be happy.There are enough games to get it right

Why can't people talk back to Stan Collymore? Anything people don't agree with he throws the Dolly out of his pram. It seems to me that he will eventually fall out with everyone at the club. This has been proven everywhere he has ever been employed in the past.
So far you have failed to provide any supporting eveidence for this. To say something you know isn't true is called lying.

You are doing a good job of falling out with everyone on SZ

Need to go back to 442. Wing backs need to be able to defend and attack well, neither egbri or bridge can do this. Bridge needs to play on the left wing, Walsh or egbri on the right. Get white and Hobson building the relationship they had last season. Dunne and Fergie in the middle of midfield and maybe give Rush a go up top. But bottom line is we need to be looking at shipping out a few in January and looking at players that the coaching team will know and trust.

Stan please do not rise to these dickheads who only want to dump on your parade. You know that the majority of true blues fans understand respect and thank you for your tremendous help. Stay with us and please don’t rise to the bait.
It's like these dickheads want us to fail. Stan is putting a lot of his own time into trying to sort out the big mess we are in.

I have no doubts with Stan getting the role he wants we will be in a much better position on and off the field

All those mugging him off now will be feeling pretty silly then

Can I suggest that if you can't post anything positive then.........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................then best not to post anything at all

If we had klopp or pep, they wouldn't do much better! These players we have recruited over the summer are to old and past it. We are in for another long season.
i said it preseason and a few times since Pb and his pensioners,why oh why did any off us believe PB could turn us around ,after those 5 matches at the end off last season he should have been let go,Oh if RM AND MANY OF US HAD THE WISDOM OFF ORESIGHT .

Back