• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

England Cricket 2023

I hate to be proved right, but declaring 30 or 40 runs less than we would of got in the first innings has cost England this test match.

All of buts and maybes really, if we batted longer this could of ended a draw (which is slightly better) but this team want results only and I’m all for that.

The more disappointing thing was key chances missed mainly by Bairstow, they choose him as the WK and mainly for his batting… so I don’t expect a big change after one game but it would of been my preference

Great test match. Bazball masks a lot of weaknesses in this England side and made the game a lot closer than it would otherwise have been.

I think England have a look at their attack for the next match. Wood should have played ahead of Jimmy.

I hate to be proved right, but declaring 30 or 40 runs less than we would of got in the first innings has cost England this test match.

If we had batted on the next morning we may not have got Warner, Labuschagne and Smith before lunch. They may have made big hundreds and had a confidence boosting big win.

We lost because we didn't take catches and missed a Sunday stumping. A great test but the worst bit of play was Ducketts 2nd innings poke at a round the wicket ball that would have missed 10th stump. It was obvious we had less than 2 overs play left and ground staff were waiting with the covers. Similar to his 1st innings poor shot and we ended up with Crawley out as well.

Going forward we desperately need spinner who could take 4/5 wickets on day 5. If we had set then total of 350+ they could easily bat out for a draw with our current attack. I'm Not sure who that man is.

Last edited:
Thought I would watch the cricket this morning rather than constantly checking the SUFC for sale thread although this was also depressing.

All well and good playing entertaining, attacking cricket but sometimes in test cricket you have to be a bit smarter and sensible, especially against the top teams. England have been too careless and given Australia too many gifts so far.

5.39pm.....I'd say that's the Ashes retained by the Ozzies

We can win this if we play today like. Five day test match and not ODI mode
Stokes have proven he can play the long game and weather looks perfect for a full day
N just said previously Bazball has a place against lesser teams, but Aussies are a good strong team

Back