• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Summer time

I totally agree. Some won't like to admit it, but the one at Billericay is really good.

We could make this look so cool and so meaningful. The messages on the dressing room white board could be put on it etc.
There's a street artist fairly local to Southend and Rochford named Dan Kitchener - he did the piece outside Jacko's chippy and the Queen portrait in West Street. He's recent done another opposite the Marlborough in Rochford - he is a very talented man. Would be good to get him involved.

1713863723812.png

Obviously the one above isn't SUFC related, but the guy is insanely talented - this one was in Southend

Some great ideas been put forward here. Some tasty art work showing our history would be good.
Plus an all weekend beer festival, along with street food stands. Some live music, jugglers, face painting for the kiddies ect,
A really nice weekend with something for everyone. I would even come up for this from wet Devon.

1. Sale completed.

2. All creditors settled.

3. A clear plan and rousing speech provided by COSU.

4. A top marketing campaign on season cards, aiming for big numbers.

5. A few attacking high end NL signings to compliment the squad. McCallum/Haughton.

6. RH given a spruce up - Toilets/Bars/Catering. Fanzone. NW corner opened up.

7. New training ground operational.

8. Club shop sorted and fully stocked.

9. Plenty of content to get the fanbase pumped for a new era.

10. A big "Ding dong the Rat is gone" party at RH for the first game. Welcoming the whole community back/building bridges/repairing relationships with disillusioned fans/local businesses.
like that and TBF if we really want to make a good go of it next season and attract the stay aways fans then the above is essential. I went to the toilet situated under the East Blue, it was disgusting. I know my mum and other female fans say similar about the ladies toilets in the East stand. Wouldnt cost fortunes but without the takeover happening i cant see much of the above happening. The takeover really needs to be completed mid May latest otherwise we will also miss out on potential signings etc. The consortium have been brilliant keeping the club going but they wont continue to pump money in for something they dont own. If the takeover is completed sooner rather than later dont see why the above list is realistic for the summer and beyond

But why not? It doesn't hurt anyone, we could get pictures of southend iconic moments or legendary players on the wall, or even just the badge. Better than what is currently there at the moment
I would go for mural not graffiti and I am not trying to be antagonistic

Murals/Graffiti are like Tatts or Marmite. It’s a 50/50 love hate split

My first wish for SUFC over the summer is that a pest control company are bought in and SUFC and RH becomes free off the Rats that havve plagued the place and club. 2 RH is given a much needed makeup, ready for next season. Would add i would like to see all seats available for supporters also . 3 2 more strikers and attacking midfielder /playmaker, cover for LWB and RWB ,also left sided CD. Some of these could possibly be loanees to save on expenses.4 Season tickets to be affordable for you great supporters. 5 Plans for the refubishing of RH to be made available for all to see

Rangers away friendly confirmed! Hurry up need to book before it gets expensive x

Rangers away friendly confirmed! Hurry up need to book before it gets expensive x

You really think, if we managed to secure a pre-season friendly with Rangers, we’d be playing it at Ibrox?

It makes no sense on any level whatsoever for Rangers to host a National League side at Ibrox for a pre-season friendly. Much more chance of it being played at Roots Hall if anything was to happen between us.

Back