• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Summer time

what would you like to see in the summer months regarding Southend
I would like to see this

The club changing hands
Doing the essex san Siro up
A youth set up but a copy of what crew do
Some signings that make you go wow

Outside of the obvious stuff, take over, training ground, players etc.

I’d love nothing more than to come back for the first game of the season and see a less dilapidated Roots Hall.

I’m not expecting miracles, but just looking cleaner and less run down. It wouldn’t take much to make it look nice for the start, lick of paint. Maybe spend some money in the toilets, the bars and give the whole place a good pressure wash.

Yep, simply get the takeover done and dusted and I’m happy. If that happens, I’d like to see a three year plan for Roots Hall. I don’t even expect any work to be done this close season, just a proper plan will do me. Small steps.
Ya I’d go with that just something we can see and believe in instead of lies

I think the ground needs more than a polish and a lick of paint. It needs serious work done on it, starting with the north west corner.

I’d love to see a scoreboard and upgraded catering for the new season. I guess a lot depends on how things progress with the takeover. Some exciting news will be welcome over the summer.

Take over complete, fix roof N/W,general cats lick to paintwork, catering to be completely sorted from cleanliness to standard of food and drink.

The temperature's about 88
Hop in the water plug just for old times sake
Creak to ya crib, change your clothes once more
'Cause you're invited to a barbecue that's startin' at 4

Reactions: GBJ
  1. Sale completed.

2. All creditors settled.

3. A clear plan and rousing speech provided by COSU.

4. A top marketing campaign on season cards, aiming for big numbers.

5. A few attacking high end NL signings to compliment the squad. McCallum/Haughton.

6. RH given a spruce up - Toilets/Bars/Catering. Fanzone. NW corner opened up.

7. New training ground operational.

8. Club shop sorted and fully stocked.

9. Plenty of content to get the fanbase pumped for a new era.

10. A big "Ding dong the Rat is gone" party at RH for the first game. Welcoming the whole community back/building bridges/repairing relationships with disillusioned fans/local businesses.

Back