• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

20/20

MrB

Life President
Great win tonight, Essex stroll into the QF topping the Southern section. Yorkshire at home next, would be nice to keep going.

Hmmm. Yorkshire were one of the teams to avoid in the quaters' IMO and i reckon we could struggle in this one. Shame finals day is on the 2nd Saturday of the season, as it would be a good laugh going to watch 3 games of 20/20 at TB.

Might try and pop down Monday week and jump on the bandwagon ...

biggrin.gif

Good win for Essex last night, and progress finally in the 20/20 as they have not done well in this competition prior to this season.

Heres hoping for a day out in Nottingham.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The General @ July 12 2006,00:12)]Hmmm. Yorkshire were one of the teams to avoid in the quaters' IMO and i reckon we could struggle in this one. Shame finals day is on the 2nd Saturday of the season, as it would be a good laugh going to watch 3 games of 20/20 at TB.

Might try and pop down Monday week and jump on the bandwagon ...

biggrin.gif
'tis a bugger, there's no way I'd go to the cricket ahead of the QPR away match.

Our home form has been excellent in the competition and we'll be strong favourites to beat Yorkshire I should think. Great to have Will Jefferson back too.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Uxbridge Shrimper @ July 12 2006,11:23)]Our home form has been excellent in the competition and we'll be strong favourites to beat Yorkshire I should think. Great to have Will Jefferson back too.
...and sure enough we are the 4/1 favourites with Ladbrokes to win the Cup and 4/6 to beat Yorkshire in the last eight.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Uxbridge Shrimper @ July 12 2006,14:44)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Uxbridge Shrimper @ July 12 2006,11:23)]Our home form has been excellent in the competition and we'll be strong favourites to beat Yorkshire I should think. Great to have Will Jefferson back too.
...and sure enough we are the 4/1 favourites with Ladbrokes to win the Cup and 4/6 to beat Yorkshire in the last eight.
A bit surprised at those odds seeing that previous 20/20 champions Surrey & Leicestershire are also in the last 8.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (canveyshrimper @ July 12 2006,15:17)]
[b said:
[b said:
A bit surprised at those odds seeing that previous 20/20 champions Surrey & Leicestershire are also in the last 8.
I think they're both deemed to have tougher quarter-final games though (home to Kent and away to Gloucs respectively).

Our home record in the competition is very good, hence being slight favourites.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Uxbridge Shrimper @ July 12 2006,15:33)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (canveyshrimper @ July 12 2006,15:17)]
[b said:
[b said:
I think they're both deemed to have tougher quarter-final games though (home to Kent and away to Gloucs respectively).

Our home record in the competition is very good, hence being slight favourites.
Spot on about the home record, allied to the form of Irani in this competition as well.

I guess you are right about the draw for Surrey & Leics.
smile.gif

Back