• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

2008/09 Youth Team Player Stats

As a matter of interest why has Medi started only half the games he could have?

A combination of factors really. Obviously he had the trial at Liverpool which meant that he did not play the following week, but probably more importantly it is important to remember that he is only a first-year scholar. In that respect, when second-years Davis Abbey (the captain) and Stuart O'Keefe (who has been a member of the first-team squad this season) are available, he is effectively vying for one of two spots.

In his more favoured position, just behind the front two (the youth team have been playing a 4-1-2-1-2 formation this season), Justin Hazell has combined well with the forwards and scored 4 goals in 8 games himself. In the other, Merrick James-Lewis and Jamie Dennis are a similar age to Medi.

So, although Medi is a fantastic talent and, as I have said in other threads, he is beginning to mature and harness those skills, he is up against a lot of other talented players in our youth-team midfield.

2 from 3 for Stuart O'Keefe
13 from 16 for Craig Calver
8 from 13 for Justin Hazell
3 from 2 for Kyle Asante
2 from 6 for Fredrik Ljungstrom
The future is bright for SUFC

2 from 3 for Stuart O'Keefe
13 from 16 for Craig Calver
8 from 13 for Justin Hazell
3 from 2 for Kyle Asante
2 from 6 for Fredrik Ljungstrom
The future is bright for SUFC

Where is Stuart O'Keefe's official position because I have heard he is a CM but I have also heard he is a MR and/or ST. Definatly does look bright.

Where is Stuart O'Keefe's official position because I have heard he is a CM but I have also heard he is a MR and/or ST. Definatly does look bright.

Stuart's favoured position is in the centre of midfield, but he has appeared for the Under-18s and the reserves on both the right (pretty regularly) and the left (more rarely) of midfield. He hasn't played in a more advanced role than that for any lengthy period of time.

Stuart's favoured position is in the centre of midfield, but he has appeared for the Under-18s and the reserves on both the right (pretty regularly) and the left (more rarely) of midfield. He hasn't played in a more advanced role than that for any lengthy period of time.

Thanks. alot of help.

Back