• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

So no chance of judging a player properly then. You only spend about one minute on the ball in game of football. It's the other 89 minutes off the ball that count.

Don't agree with this... Are you saying that when you're at a match you spend your time following the movements of players off the ball. You'd have missed a lot of goals of over the years Rigsby..:unsure:winking:

You'd be surprised what off the ball movement you can pick up on tv these days... You tend to look out for things like that more when you're watching the games on tv as I do.

Us iFollow fans have to adapt our viewing skills

UTB:happy:

But I also read "heavily-resourced rivals in League One" more as a Charlton than a Southend imho.

Charlton don’t really have any resources at the moment - everything seems to have stopped there as the takeover drama is going on and on and on, and I don’t think they’ve signed anyone yet.

I’m surprised that more people aren’t concerned by the fact that we still only have 2 central midfielders including Mantom, especially with Dru being so young and Mantom not having the best injury record.

Getting at least two more in there has to be the priority, rather than central defenders in case Ferdinand goes and Kiernan doesn’t come back and still having three other options there.

Having let Timlin, Wordsworth and Wright go it will take some decent signings to improve on that. Plenty of time left but I have been surprised how many defenders, strikers, etc. we have been linked with compared to only Mantom and Hyam in midfield. Wonder whether that has partly been to pressure Cox into signing a new deal.

If we were 2 days away from the transfer window closing I think many would agree with you, but as the players haven't even yet returned to pre-season training I think most trust SCP to know who is in his squad and where he needs to strengthen.

Plenty of time still, don't worry - who knows what other irons are in the fire.

I'm pleased our exiles can see the game and still feel part of it. Believe it or not some of us can take in more than just what's happening on the ball. If that wasn't the case why will Sunderlands team scout be at RH the week before we play them. Or why scout Drew Yearwood at a game when you can watch on your mates moody ifollow connection.

For example what you didn't see on the TV when Drew made that run and shot for the first goal v MK, was how good Theo's timing and anticipation was for the rebound. Yes you saw him in a good position and he tucked it away but you couldn't see the All important 3 seconds before that.

Equally when Ben Coker got the ball from Oxley in space down our left you won't have seen how lazy Ladapo was and never gave him an option by strolling around in the centre circle. Even from behind the goal like at Blackburn I could see how well Mantom read the game and covered not just the middle but for Kightly and Mc L, which gave them more confidence to take players on as they had immediate cover if they lost the ball. Again just picking up a lose ball might look easy on the TV but there was a very good reasons he was my MOM. You couldn't possible see this on a TV.

If cox stays then ok if he doesn’t then so be it he ain’t bad but equally isn’t great time to leave it at that for now or change this chat to the Simon cox summer transfer saga!!

I'm pleased our exiles can see the game and still feel part of it. Believe it or not some of us can take in more than just what's happening on the ball. If that wasn't the case why will Sunderlands team scout be at RH the week before we play them. Or why scout Drew Yearwood at a game when you can watch on your mates moody ifollow connection.

For example what you didn't see on the TV when Drew made that run and shot for the first goal v MK, was how good Theo's timing and anticipation was for the rebound. Yes you saw him in a good position and he tucked it away but you couldn't see the All important 3 seconds before that.

Equally when Ben Coker got the ball from Oxley in space down our left you won't have seen how lazy Ladapo was and never gave him an option by strolling around in the centre circle. Even from behind the goal like at Blackburn I could see how well Mantom read the game and covered not just the middle but for Kightly and Mc L, which gave them more confidence to take players on as they had immediate cover if they lost the ball. Again just picking up a lose ball might look easy on the TV but there was a very good reasons he was my MOM. You couldn't possible see this on a TV.
In point of fact you do get a much better overall perspective of the game on iFollow because of the use of long shots rather than close ups of the action round the immediate vicinity of the ball. So yes, you can watch players' movements off the ball, use of space, anticipation etc. As a previous post said, you have to adapt to a different technique of watching compared to being there, but iFollow's coverage is somewhat different from conventional television coverage which invariably just follows the ball, admittedly probably because of technical limtations rather than editorial choice!

God this thread has gone to rat ****. Can we keep it to talking about transfers rather than about Cox or who’s dad’s better than whose. Because I’ve just read through about 5 pages of absolute rubbish.

Thank you.

God this thread has gone to rat ****. Can we keep it to talking about transfers rather than about Cox or who’s dad’s better than whose. Because I’ve just read through about 5 pages of absolute rubbish.

Thank you.

The debate about Cox is very relevant this summer. If Cox and Anton were to leave in the next few weeks it would mean CP has a completely different angle for recruitment as not only are the vital positions but are on big wages for our club.

Anyway if you really want to break it down its 90 pages of rubbish and after 1300 posts any thread will vear off track. So why the heavy handed moderating

The debate about Cox is very relevant this summer. If Cox and Anton were to leave in the next few weeks it would mean CP has a completely different angle for recruitment as not only are the vital positions but are on big wages for our club.

Anyway if you really want to break it down its 90 pages of rubbish and after 1300 posts any thread will vear off track. So why the heavy handed moderating

You call that heavy handed moderating :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

Hardly heavy handed, you really have an issue with moderating. All I’ve said is try to keep it talking about transfers. I haven’t threatened to delete anything, I haven’t singled anyone out. But you change that to suit your agenda as usual.

Hardly heavy handed, you really have an issue with moderating. All I’ve said is try to keep it talking about transfers. I haven’t threatened to delete anything, I haven’t singled anyone out. But you change that to suit your agenda as usual.

The only issue I have with moderators is the fact I can't put some of you on ignore. Like I say Cox is very much part of the debate on this thread. We may not agree with blues exile but coming on and insulting people when your a moderator of accusing them of an agenda is poor.

If you want the thread back on track why don't you contribute something positive.

Last edited:
Realistically I reckon we need:

1x winger (Kightly won’t play every game and Barratt likely to be a work in progress)
1x central midfielder (preferably a box-to-box midfielder who could cover Dru and Mantom depending on injuries - we’ve got Klass, Phillips and Gard coming through so not sure we’re desperate for more than one)
1x striker if Cox leaves (if not then I’m happy with Cox, Hopper, Theo and Wabo)

Goalkeepers are sorted with Ox/Ted/Bishop. Defence looks okay at the moment providing SCP sees White and Turner as his starting centre back partnership as we’ve got Kyp and Lennon as reserves. Elvis covers Demi and Hendrie covers Coker. All in all I don’t think we’re a million miles away from getting a decent squad together.

From league one twitter site:-

With the ongoing saga of Lyle Taylor, it’s is a 50-50 between Sunderland and Bristol rovers after the player has fell out with Southend representatives ahead of a move to them. The conclusion to the saga may be announced within the coming days.

also goes on to say Bristol are favourites

With the ongoing saga of Lyle Taylor, it’s is a 50-50 between Sunderland and Bristol rovers after the player has fell out with Southend representatives ahead of a move to them. The conclusion to the saga may be announced within the coming days.

So not 50/50 then ? :hilarious:

What league 1 twitter site was that?

Back