• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

2022-23 Season Cards - credit card sales now open on OS

"Following feedback, we understand that some supporters have been unable to take advantage of the price freeze during the early bird window."

The feedback was that absolutely no one knew the date of when the early bird window finished, and quite a few people are not keen on the idea/cannot pay via bank transfer or cash and would prefer a credit/debit payment method, once again supporters are left in the blue and being royally ******* again, I thought we were past this messy bull**** from the past few seasons and now we're right back into it. This needs to be sorted, we need more communication and the club yet again needs to improve, because this is just not right.

"Following feedback, we understand that some supporters have been unable to take advantage of the price freeze during the early bird window."

The feedback was that absolutely no one knew the date of when the early bird window finished, and quite a few people are not keen on the idea/cannot pay via bank transfer or cash and would prefer a credit/debit payment method, once again supporters are left in the blue and being royally ******* again, I thought we were past this messy bull**** from the past few seasons and now we're right back into it. This needs to be sorted, we need more communication and the club yet again needs to improve, because this is just not right.
You may well have a point, but the Club are making it very clear that there are only two methods of payment if supporters want the early bird price and I would be amazed if they offer any further explanation, rightly or wrongly.

You may well have a point, but the Club are making it very clear that there are only two methods of payment if supporters want the early bird price and I would be amazed if they offer any further explanation, rightly or wrongly.
They're making it clear for sure, but not exactly making it fair for those who finally get the option to pay by card at some point, if ever, and the prices are higher than the early bird window, it's just not right. Me, my dad and his mate all want to renew, but don't want to/can't unless the option for credit card/debit payment is available, I just don't think it's right and they're not exactly giving us a good reason to why we can't do so at the moment - it has always been an option, don't change it now even if you have been restricted in some way.

They're making it clear for sure, but not exactly making it fair for those who finally get the option to pay by card at some point, if ever, and the prices are higher than the early bird window, it's just not right. Me, my dad and his mate all want to renew, but don't want to/can't unless the option for credit card/debit payment is available, I just don't think it's right and they're not exactly giving us a good reason to why we can't do so at the moment - it has always been an option, don't change it now even if you have been restricted in some way.
What difference does paying by debit card offer?

I get credit card but debit card?

Credit / Debit card is used for something like 80 or 90% of payments nowadays. People might not follow the info that closely and just assume that it’s accepted, as really why wouldn’t it be? Anyway. I can imagine after the early bird would be expected to finish there would normally be zero sales for a bit. Maybe open up debit / credit card sales and that will increase.

It's credit card for me that's the issue, I'm just saying debit because that's part of paying by card etc, nothing directly about debit, apologies.
I paid with my credit card, went to a cash machine, withdrew the cash and paid the club. I wanted the early bird price. I didn’t have the cash spare at the time, I wanted to pay by credit card and they wouldn’t let me so I used it to get cash out and sort it.

If it helps the club out and I get myself a cheap season ticket I don’t mind. Just don’t have that safety of getting your money back If the club goes down the ****ter.

I paid with my credit card, went to a cash machine, withdrew the cash and paid the club. I wanted the early bird price. I didn’t have the cash spare at the time, I wanted to pay by credit card and they wouldn’t let me so I used it to get cash out and sort it.

If it helps the club out and I get myself a cheap season ticket I don’t mind. Just don’t have that safety of getting your money back If the clubs goes down the ****ter.
And there's the problem, the whole thing is scuffed.

I'd love to help the club in anyway I can - I believe I done so throughout the past 3-4 years where I consistently kept going to games, buying the match passes during lock down, bought both home and away shirts for the past few seasons, bought a season ticket this season, the first for my dad and his mate who having been going for 20+ years each, etc etc, even though we were absolutely crap all that time - this option for me just doesn't work.

This whole thing just doesn't sit right for me and I just feel we deserve better communication and idea of what the **** is going on! As I said, I though we were past all of this messy stuff off the pitch too but it feels exactly the same as before.

Credit / Debit card is used for something like 80 or 90% of payments nowadays. People might not follow the info that closely and just assume that it’s accepted, as really why wouldn’t it be? Anyway. I can imagine after the early bird would be expected to finish there would normally be zero sales for a bit. Maybe open up debit / credit card sales and that will increase.
Totally agree on the Credit card bit. It is very obvious that for whatever reason, and we are not going to be privy to full answer, the Club is desperate for cash flow. That may be because the Club and CC companies have fallen out with each other, or it may be that we have pressing bills to pay before bad things happen, or it may just be that our current wages outstrip our current income. Whatever the reasons, if supporters want a season card for next season at the early bird price then it's cash or bank transfer. It doesn't make it morally right and I don't agree with the sales pitch, but it is what it is.

If it helps the club out and I get myself a cheap season ticket I don’t mind. Just don’t have that safety of getting your money back If the club goes down the ****ter.

Yeah but cash transactions cost a lot more in interest than paying by card.

Also if the club went belly up, you'd have no come back.

I highly doubt that the club will go under but with any transaction, I'd rather be protected than not.

Last edited:
And there's the problem, the whole thing is scuffed.

I'd love to help the club in anyway I can - I believe I done so throughout the past 3-4 years where I consistently kept going to games, buying the match passes during lock down, bought both home and away shirts for the past few seasons, bought a season ticket this season, the first for my dad and his mate who having been going for 20+ years each, etc etc, even though we were absolutely crap all that time - this option for me just doesn't work.

This whole thing just doesn't sit right for me and I just feel we deserve better communication and idea of what the **** is going on! As I said, I though we were past all of this messy stuff off the pitch too but it feels exactly the same as before.
The club have communicated several times on this issue. It’s all there: what to do, why the club are doing it etc.

It makes no sense for the club to take season ticket sales via credit card because the credit card company take a fat wedge as commission and they then drip feed the proceeds slowly to the club after the game has been played. The point of a season ticket is that the club gets the money up front and in return they offer a cheaper per game ticket. If the club doesn’t get that money up front why should it give away its product at a discounted price? That makes no business sense. We want the club to operate on a business footing and this is how businesses operate.

If the cash or bank transfer options don’t work for you then you can buy on a game by game basis.

The club have communicated several times on this issue. It’s all there: what to do, why the club are doing it etc.

It makes no sense for the club to take season ticket sales via credit card because the credit card company take a fat wedge as commission and they then drip feed the proceeds slowly to the club after the game has been played. The point of a season ticket is that the club gets the money up front and in return they offer a cheaper per game ticket. If the club doesn’t get that money up front why should it give away its product at a discounted price? That makes no business sense. We want the club to operate on a business footing and this is how businesses operate.

If the cash or bank transfer options don’t work for you then you can buy on a game by game basis.
This feels like a very outdated view though? I understand the need for the club to have the money upfront rather than 'drip fed' to them but it's 2022, when I think of buying a product or paying a company for something, I would think cash or card, not bank transferring them, they're not my pal, there's no protection for me in doing that, my money is essentially gone if something goes wrong.

I'm a customer and the usual payment method of using a card, whether that be debit or credit (credit in my instance) that has been there for every single season of season ticket selling there has been, and they take away that option now. They should be offering the ability to pay in all 3 ways, and politely offer people to use the bank transfer method if they wish to.

Be interesting if the issue of when credit/debit cards will be allowed for season cards was discussed at the recent liaison meeting, might find out one day when the minutes of that meeting are allowed out to the fans. If it was brought up, it’s a shame the meeting wasn’t available for us plebs to view ??

Last edited:

Or take your support elsewhere. We as loyal supporters have put up with a load of crap from the club in the last few seasons.

Without the facility for Credit Card payment I will not renew my season ticket.

Not many supporters trust our chairman and with his current court case pending for fraud I can understand why they don't want to part with their hard earned cash without the protection a credit card payment offers.

Absolutely a poor way to treat season ticket holders who have supported the club for many years with their regular financial payment via season ticket.

The fact that only 1500 season tickets have been sold proves many others feel in the same was as myself.

This feels like a very outdated view though? I understand the need for the club to have the money upfront rather than 'drip fed' to them but it's 2022, when I think of buying a product or paying a company for something, I would think cash or card, not bank transferring them, they're not my pal, there's no protection for me in doing that, my money is essentially gone if something goes wrong.

I'm a customer and the usual payment method of using a card, whether that be debit or credit (credit in my instance) that has been there for every single season of season ticket selling there has been, and they take away that option now. They should be offering the ability to pay in all 3 ways, and politely offer people to use the bank transfer method if they wish to.
What exactly are you expecting to go wrong?

As has already been mentioned. Only 1,500 have taken up the early bird offer thus far. Considering we had the best part of 3,200 season card holders this season, that’s a poor take up and should be ringing alarm bells with the club. They need to get their **** together and offer normal payment options like every other club, before it impacts sales further.

Last edited:
Sure it's already been mentioned but I think last season the credit card cos withheld funds as they thought we might go bust and drip fed the funds rather than pass all the funds to the club.
Risky approach to not allow credit cards as I reckon sales will fall noticeably because of it, but understand the reasoning. Wouldn't be surprised if post early bird will allow credit cards.

Back