• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

2022-23 Season Kit - (H/A)

Worth reading Twitter content from @uglygame about football clubs and crypto.

As a club, we're hardly in a position to turn down the money, but it is worth bearing in mind that some of these companies are not exactly reputable and let's hope any Southend fans think extremely carefully about using their "services".

It's good to remember that Crypto and Gambling are two very different things, yes they both have risk factors, but so does stock trading, which Crypto is way more relatable to Stock trading than gambling. I can see it highly unlikely that someone will see this sponsor and start to use the platform without any idea of what the actual model is, whereas gambling is a much more simpler concept and easier to understand what you are doing.

This is a reach. Gambling is a highly regulated industry about to become even more regulated. Crypto has very little regulation. It is fine to have the view that they are both bad but Crypto stocks cannot be considered morally superior.

This is a reach. Gambling is a highly regulated industry about to become even more regulated. Crypto has very little regulation. It is fine to have the view that they are both bad but Crypto stocks cannot be considered morally superior.
Crypto is much harder to get into however, it requires you to actually learn it before you can start, because it is difficult to set up a wallet exchange, etc etc

I don't think it is right of course, but just thing there is a limit to how it can be compared and ridiculed to gambling. We are also not a position to turn down the type of money they offer.

I would write off 2 pages worth on a new sleeve sponsor a "slow news day" if it wasn't for the 3 new signings last night.

Not so much kit at all, but the commercial department are in full swing which is great to see, being able to sponsor anything at all angles which is very good, our commercial department has always ben on it to be fair.

Worth reading Twitter content from @uglygame about football clubs and crypto.

As a club, we're hardly in a position to turn down the money, but it is worth bearing in mind that some of these companies are not exactly reputable and let's hope any Southend fans think extremely carefully about using their "services".

There was a good thread on twitter yesterday from one of the athletic journos about prem clubs using crypto firms last season and how all their prices slumped and what not. Its all a bit lost on me but made for interesting reading!

I know this is a thread for our upcoming season but just saw this on YouTube

They (all 15 comments) seem to be raving about the kit which for me looks like a bog standard plain sky blue kit. I get that it brings back some memories of past glories but it's got the look of our training top from the 19/20 season (other than its got a sponsor on it)

Formerly known as Thundersley Guttering and Cladding - owned by the Gall family by the looks of it. Anyone know anything about them?

Here in SS7 we have two excellent cladding companies - I Love Cladding and TGC. I think TGC are based at the bottom of Church Hill just along from the house that had the fire last weekend where they lost their two ice-cream vans.

Back