• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

If this match was on a Friday night I'm sure we'd hit 8k, but I suspect it'll be nearer 7k on the day. There's still many staying away because of Ron Martin's continued involvement with the club, and there's still a lot who just can't afford it.

If they stay away much longer there might not be a club here to support.
I don't go to games to support Ron Martin, I go to watch my team play.
Point taken about those who can't afford things at the moment.

what about oxfords support, think they will bring around 1,200, must get close to 7,000 surely.

Was lower than I thought it would be but it was only my second miss of the season, I was in Newcastle with both sons for a family thing, and it was the start of half-term - a surprising amount of people go away for the October half-term.

So with the half-term over and a 1st v 4th clash on the agenda I think we'll see a few more through the gate and don't think 8000 is out of the question. In fact, will be a bit disappointed if it's much less TBH.

Was in the States with family for half term, missed 3 games. all resounding victories. Cannot wait til Saturday bringing 5.
Hope for 7000+, surely Oxford will bring at least a 1000.

I think 8k is an achievable targate considering oxford will bring at least 500 if not more. So that will be a big help considering are last two large recent home gates have had next to no away support. I would really like to see us get above 8k personally but then again I thought we would get more in for the Torquay game.

I'd guess 6500 Shrimpers & 900 Oxford,easily over 7K. Sorry I won't be there myself in body but will be in mind. I can't keep doing the 500+ mile round trip but I have just changed my plans to accomodate FAC 1 at PNE and that means I'm planning to swing it for Daggers away the week after. 6 matches seen so far and counting.

great stuff, i'm going and bringing the old man along. any updates from the ticket office on how sales have been going?

I bought four today for the East stand and had plenty to choose from :unsure:

When we get big crowds, the East usually sells out first, fingers crossed people will be buying them later this week/on the day!!!

7.5k would be decent for League two, but with Oxford local-ish and having a decent away following, the 8thruthegate may be acheived.

UTB

Back