• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

A complete load of Bollox

J

The Chameleon
Chris Baker the stadium manager is outraged that southend fans have spoken out against caravan king's comments on the OS regarding standing, he also says that standing and teracing is a non leauge thing.. obviously swanse chelts, and all them other small teams like bristol rovers don't count..

OS

[b said:
Quote[/b] (* ORM * @ Feb. 20 2006,11:27)]What part of the FLA authority to close sections of our ground are you finding most difficult to understand CS J ?
as difficuilt to understand as some of your jokes.. ORM???

[b said:
Quote[/b] (CS J @ Feb. 20 2006,11:29)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (* ORM * @ Feb. 20 2006,11:27)]What part of the FLA authority to close sections of our ground are you finding most difficult to understand CS J ?
as difficuilt to understand as some of your jokes.. ORM???
oh, and i very severely doubt they would close sections of the ground..

[b said:
Would that be before or after they close both ends at Anfield ? Approximately 9074 people appeared to be standing in the Kop for the whole match Saturday. The other end was similar.

if you read the whole statement, and even if you dont it is fairly common knowledge that clubs have had sections shut off due to persistant standing or breaches of regulations.

It is quite simple, don't stand up, even if its at the back of the stand, or if the away fans always do it. It is obvious that southend are taking this seriously if they have made 2 statements in a week about it, so think before you stand up about the financial implications closing a whole block could have for us

It is strange that you are allowed to stand at certain Premier$hite games.

They're probably too scared to come down hard on a premier$hite team, especially like Liverpool, with all their history!
rock.gif

Interesting about how each is responsible for the behaviour of their away fans on their travels.

Where were the strong words when we were confronted with so called hard-*** stewarding techniques at Forest?

I'd prefer open terraces but the simple fact is that we don't have them and we cannot return to them. If those in W block wish to continue testing the patience of the authorities I'll have little sympathy with any sanctions that are imposed. 7,000 people seem to be able to regularly watch a game, standing at appropriate moments, sitting at others.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (CS J @ Feb. 20 2006,11:24)]he also says that standing and teracing is a non leauge thing.. obviously swanse chelts, and all them other small teams like bristol rovers don't count..
He actually says he comes from non-league where terracing is the norm, not that its non-league only.

He empathises with the fact that seats affect atmosphere but as he says once a stadium becomes all seater it has to stay that way.

The away club being responsible for its fans is interesting, however how often are these instances actually acted upon ?

Then why has there been no evidence of complaints being made to the away clubs and how come we're powerless to stop it? I can understand the reasoning behind FLA regulations after Hillsborough, but i do feel this is just another thing the PC brigade come down hard on if and when it suits them... For instance Premier$hite teams, can you imagine the onslaught they'd face if they imposed sanctions on the Kop end?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (jontosh2001 @ Feb. 20 2006,11:42)]It is quite simple, don't stand up, even if its at the back of the stand,
I thought that Chief Exec King had conceeded that you couldn't sit down at the back of the East Stand? I have my Season Ticket there, and at 6'1" I don't have enough room...

"The entire Bobby Moore Lower & Centenary Lower (West Ham & 2700 Newcastle) stand for the whole of the game at Upton Park. The only efforts observed to get supporters to sit are some half-hearted waves from one steward, to whom West Ham fans simply wave back."

biggrin.gif

WS
Jávea

Perhaps this is something that Mr Baker should take note:

"In the first few minutes of the match the [Leicester City] stewards came up the steps asking people who weren't already sat down to sit. Most did but then the back few rows stood again as the steward walked back down the steps. Not wanting to cause confrontation the stewards just left it. But in the second half he came up the steps by me again and asked the lads in the back few rows to make sure they kept the aisles clear as some of them had drifted over. Rather than getting people to sit the steward shouted at people further along the row to move along so everyone could fit in and then disappeared again, keeping the aisle clear for safety but still allowing supporters to stand."

Far more positive approach to the perceived "problem" of standing ...

WS
Jávea

But the stewards have no manners and maybe he needs to go back to non-league if that is the way he gets our stewards to respond.
Dont get me started on this topic again

[b said:
Quote[/b] (CI-City Blue @ Feb. 20 2006,19:51)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (jontosh2001 @ Feb. 20 2006,11:42)]It is quite simple, don't stand up, even if its at the back of the stand,
I thought that Chief Exec King had conceeded that you couldn't sit down at the back of the East Stand?  I have my Season Ticket there, and at 6'1" I don't have enough room...
We had tickets for two games in Row P and that too is ridiculous.

At 5' 8" I was in agony by the end of the game, so my 6'5" mate must have been really comfortable!

I actually prefer to sit at matches but on those occassions we would have gladly stood.

What really annoyed me is the ticket office do not advise the seats are restricted leg room and are happy to sell them.

Back