• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

A version of the Band Aid song

Andy_S

Member of the Barry Corr Fan Club
Found this lurking in my e-mail and it's so clever I had to share it. Although it seems to be doing the rounds so I'm sure some people will have heard it!

It's Christmas time,
The Yids are so afraid,
It's Christmas time,
They've not got enough points from games they've played,

But in our world of plenty, Jol spreads no smile of joy,
Throw your arms around a Yiddo, At Christmas time.

But say a prayer

Pray for the blue and whites
At Christmas time,
it's hard When your team is playing sh*te,

There's a world outside your window, And it's a world of
Tottenham fear,

Where the only water flowing, Is a whining yiddos tears

And Santini's mobile ringing was the clanging of doom,
Well tonight thank Levy it's them instead of you,

And there won't be many points for them this Christmas time,
The greatest gift they'll get this year's a draw'
Where no pass ever goes, No flick or long ball flows,
Do thay know how 3 points feel at all?

(Here's to you)
3 points for everyone
(Here's to them)
Travelling to Gillingham

Do they know how 3 points feel at all?

Feed the Yiddos (Let them know how 3 points feel) Feed The
Yiddos (Let
them know how 3 points feel)

laugh.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Barmy Army @ Nov. 25 2004,16:19)]Not bad, shame about the racism.
rock.gif
It's not racism as such though. Originally yes, a yid was an offensive term for a Jew, but Spurs fans have adopted it as their nickname as a way of saying 'you take the ****, we don't care'.

Ask a Spurs fan, even a Jewish one, if they object to being called 'yiddo' and they'll tell you no.

They chant it themselves at Spurs matches.

All the clap clap clap clap clap Blues
They replace Blues with Yids

A couple of my Spurs mates have Yiddo on the back of their shirts.

I could imagine a version especially for the england team, I can just imagine bono singing it now...

"Well tonight thank god it's sven, instead of yoooouuuuu...."

I'll get me coat
blues.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (steveh1510 @ Nov. 25 2004,16:22)]
[b said:
rock.gif
Ask a Spurs fan, even a Jewish one, if they object to being called 'yiddo' and they'll tell you no.
Just asked my dad he says that he has a problem with being called a yid and doesn't understand why they are called it as he says that just as many support Arsenal.

I've got a **** Ham fan who takes offence to being called a yid.

They're the reasons that I thought it was racist (or whatever you call it when it's against religion)

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Barmy Army @ Nov. 25 2004,21:16)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (steveh1510 @ Nov. 25 2004,16:22)]
[b said:
rock.gif
Just asked my dad he says that he has a problem with being called a yid and doesn't understand why they are called it as he says that just as many support Arsenal.

I've got a **** Ham fan who takes offence to being called a yid.

They're the reasons that I thought it was racist (or whatever you call it when it's against religion)
Hmmmm fair enough, but as pointed out Spurs fans do use the term yid to refer to themselves. They even chant 'Yid Army' as we would 'Blue Army'.

BTW, a West Ham fan would take offence to it, you're either insulting his religion or calling him a Spurs fan.

From a tottenham fans site :

What is Tottenham's nickname ?
"Spurs", "Lilywhites", "Yids" or "Yiddos" ...
"Spurs" comes from Harry Hotspur.
"Lilywhites" is based on the colour of the team's home shirts.
"Yids" or "Yiddos" began to be used in the 1980s, mainly by rival Arsenal fans because of the large Jewish population in the Haringey/Stamford Hill area. The Spurs fans made the nickname a badge of honour by calling themselves the "Yids" or "Yiddos".

What is the term "Yids" and what has it got to do with Tottenham Hotspur ?
The term Yids derives from the Jewish supportership of THFC. Coming from the language Yiddish, it is a slang term for a Jew. There is a large Jewish population near to the area Spurs play in and they have traditiionally followed Tottenham although now quite a lot support Arsenal too (their chairman and some of their directors are Jewish also).

Having had this thrown at Spurs as a derogatory term, the supporters of the club adopted it as an unofficial nickname and also so that it would not have the same effect if other clubs shouted it in an anti-Semitic manner.

Therefore, Spurs fans chant "Yids" and "Yid Army !" to deflect the racist attacks of other clubs.

Spurs

OK fair enough.

Perhaps those that sing it are not "Yids" and therefore have no reason to take offence.

I just personally feel that it is a derogatory term and therefore have a problem with it.

It must just be me being over-sensitive.

Back