• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Abortion

any mum who cannot/does not want the child then the state should sponsor the mother to have the kid and then allow childless parents to adopt.

The psychological damage this could have on the woman though hasn't come into your mind?

Personally I'm pro-abortion, but I'm also a believer in seeing it through and giving the child to someone who wants them. I just don't know if I personally could ever have the strength to do that. And then also hundreds of legal implications come into play in that situation, what happens when the child reaches 18 and wants to know who real mummy is and why she gave him/her up etc.

All of the consequences that come from adoption rather than abortion are going to cause all manner of hurt to more than one person in the long run. So in my view, rather than going through that and putting other people (including the child) through that, I personally would rather have an abortion where the foetus cannot feel any of that hurt or anything at all.

Then again, my opinions on this matter change all the time when I hear of different circumstances. So really I guess my opinion isn't worth much lol!

well mate thats why we debate stuff.

personally the world has become too clouded with all manner of judgements without a simple yes/no solution.

To some degree, you're right but again note "to some degree". I think the points raised by Number 11 show you can't just do yes/no. Surely every opinion is 'on balance' having weighed up the options?

For me, there's always two sides to every story.

as i said until i visited body worlds i had no opinion.

trust me fella the foetus at te ages i mentioned is a human being.

hmmm, in the respect that it looks like a small human being on the outside, but internally it is insufficiently formed to be able to independently sustain life (ie lungs) .

To some degree, you're right but again note "to some degree". I think the points raised by Number 11 show you can't just do yes/no. Surely every opinion is 'on balance' having weighed up the options?

For me, there's always two sides to every story.

on this subject i agree.

hmmm, in the respect that it looks like a small human being on the outside, but internally it is insufficiently formed to be able to independently sustain life (ie lungs) .

no idea if that is correct.

at the exhibition,

many people commented after viewing the foetus that abortion should be banned.

Im pro abortion, I believe that women have the right to terminate their pregnancies. I know this sounds shallow, but poor education regarding conteception, poor upbringings and other social issues can all play a part in the descion. Also what if the baby has some deformaty or a low chance of survivial outside of the womb and the time spent alive will cause constant pain. In thi ssituation is it better to terminate the birth?. Religion also plays a large part in the pro and anti brigads regarding abortion. Religion to me is believing who has the better imiginary friend, but to other its the end all of everything. Real christians do not believe in abortion while catholics do not believe in contraception so their birth rates are higher. This also leads to a higher rate of births in third world countries as they have no contraception devices. Hence the pictures of starving babies in the third world, when it would be easier to keep their c***s in their loin clothes.

at what stage does the foetus experience sensation? At what stage does the foetus actually have a mind?

I'm pro-choice, for the simple reason that this is a grey area. Each decision is different.

body worlds offered an interesting insight.

however i cannot remember exactly ,i think it stated the foetus experienced many sensations from 10 weeks.

again not sure,is the legal aspect still at 26 weeks???

if so it is def murder simply because the 26 week old foetus according to bodyworld can experience pain.

just read your link,

trust me mate,

what i saw at 16 weeks is nothing like described on the link.

Medical a foetus cannot survive externally from the womb before 21 weeks (even then there is a 1% survival rate and only one child has so far survived)

Life isnt about being fair or nice its survival in manny cases , also the woman (IMHO) decides if the child should grow inside her , with advise if required from qualified or experinced peoples

Life isnt about being fair or nice its survival in manny cases , also the woman (IMHO) decides if the child should grow inside her , with advise if required from qualified or experinced peoples

I think this is a fact that GB is conveniently ignoring.

No idea if you've got a wife/daughter/sister or not, GB, but would it change your opinion if one of the aforementioned relatives didn't want the baby?

Back