• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Accrington Stanley 1-2 Southend United

Good to see improvement and especially the commitment shown by the team in the last two games. Although we are conceding less it is a worry that in every game the opposition have so many goal attempts, we can't seem to restrict them. Has anyone got the stats this season for goal attempts by our opponents?

Good to see improvement and especially the commitment shown by the team in the last two games. Although we are conceding less it is a worry that in every game the opposition have so many goal attempts, we can't seem to restrict them. Has anyone got the stats this season for goal attempts by our opponents?

Accy had 5 on target we had 6, nothing out of the ordinary really.

They had 20 shots in total with most of them ending up in the stands or car park

:Smile2:

Accy had 5 on target we had 6, nothing out of the ordinary really.

They had 20 shots in total with most of them ending up in the stands or car park

:Smile2:
Which had John Coleman jumping up and down with anger. He reckons they should have been 7-1 up by half time. I don't think it helped that they had just been beaten by the 'worse side' in the league. Ho ho. Suck it up John!.

Which had John Coleman jumping up and down with anger. He reckons they should have been 7-1 up by half time. I don't think it helped that they had just been beaten by the 'worse side' in the league. Ho ho. Suck it up John!.

A deluded man ...... On the back end of a 4-1 loss last week :Smile:

ACCRINGTON Stanley boss John Coleman felt his side should have been 7-1 up at half-time against Southend United.

More...

SOUTHEND United manager Sol Campbell is hopeful Timothee Dieng has stopped himself suffering a longer spell on the sidelines with a hamstring problem.

More...

This was a performance where the sum of the parts eclipsed all else.
Oxley was in good nick, but more importantly everyone put in a shift - and I do mean everyone.
Have a feeling that going ahead gave the side momentum, and Stanley missed chances.
Even so, there was a resilience absent plenty of times this season.
BTW, Stanley were very welcoming; liked the feel of the Crown Ground and hope they survive too.

A couple of points:

Last time we won in the league we had this referee
Last time we won Chalie Kelman scored (indeed the only time we've won he's scored!)
Should we have played Oxley earlier?
That is absolutely the perfect definition of a rhetorical question.At least I wasn’t the only one on here who kept saying it was pathetic short-sightedness by Campbell to keep choosing poor young Bishop.

That is absolutely the perfect definition of a rhetorical question.At least I wasn’t the only one on here who kept saying it was pathetic short-sightedness by Campbell to keep choosing poor young Bishop.

Trouble was in Sol’s first game Oxley blotted his copybook with no attempt to save Ipswich’s first goal. The look on Campbell’s face was one of incredulity. He wasn’t going to pick him for a long time after that .

Last edited:
Shame we haven’t got a game for 10 days and also at somewhere we never win.

I hope Dieng isn’t out for long, we are so lacking in Centre Backs.

That 10 day gap might have a silver lining because it gives Dieng a chance to recover, and possibly 1 or more new signings to arrive (not that I'm holding my breath on that).
But yes, would have been nice to have kept the momentum going with another game soon

Trouble was in Sol’s first game Oxley blotted his copybook with no attempt to save Ipswich’s first goal. The look on Campbell’s face was one of incredulity. He want going to pick him for a long time after that .

Granted Oxley was slow off his line for their first goal (I was over for that match) but he wasn't responsible for the two other goals we conceeded.He's had his time out in the cold and fully deserves his place back in the side.

Trouble was in Sol’s first game Oxley blotted his copybook with no attempt to save Ipswich’s first goal. The look on Campbell’s face was one of incredulity. He want going to pick him for a long time after that .
Agree. I saw that too. I was amazed he ever picked him again given his facial reaction

MATCH-WINNER Jason Demetriou says Southend United had waited so long for a victory they did not know how to celebrate Saturday’s win at Accrington Stanley.

More...

SOUTHEND United praised the contributions of Charlie Kelman and Mark Oxley following Blues' 2-1 win at Accrington Stanley.

More...

Back