• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Guys, guys, come on. Everyone who's been a long standing Zone members knows there's a great deal of time and money involved in running it. If two newer members are questioning then maybe they just need to be told (or shown)?

This is about fund raising for something for a guy the vast majority of us think is a great bloke and a Southend legend, don't let's spoil it by allowing it to degenerate!

As it goes, I actually think Dubai has a point in asking for a running total - not every post obviously, but an occasional update would be good. You often see on fund raising a thermometer with a target and rising donations - not that I think anything of that kind, but it's worth considering?

Guys, guys, come on. Everyone who's been a long standing Zone members knows there's a great deal of time and money involved in running it. If two newer members are questioning then maybe they just need to be told (or shown)?

This is about fund raising for something for a guy the vast majority of us think is a great bloke and a Southend legend, don't let's spoil it by allowing it to degenerate!

As it goes, I actually think Dubai has a point in asking for a running total - not every post obviously, but an occasional update would be good. You often see on fund raising a thermometer with a target and rising donations - not that I think anything of that kind, but it's worth considering?

Certainly as someone who has contributed, (a modest amount),to the AB fund I'd be interested to hear how the donations target is going.

Some people? Care to list them as you seem to know who they are

No but there are a lot of members and only a small amount donate. I have donated and would like to see a total raised.

We are all quick to jump on Ron Martin and ask him where the money has gone. Maybe some transparency is needed here.

Total agree with Dubai and OBL, the amounts should be shown raised regardless who or hadnot donated.
End of the day people have made a pledge similar to just giving page and all canbe seen

If someone has pledged 5 pounds or fifty who cares if would be good to see how much raised and if SZ get the excess who cares, the zone has nothing to hide and everyone can be happy and open
UTS

No-one is hiding anything.

Due to a late flurry of donations we are up to £450

That should be enough but any excess just goes into the "Running Costs" kitty.

Or maybe let the donators decide about any excess, after all they donated for a specific reason, not necessarily for the zones running costs.

Before you jump on my comment, i know the zone isn't run for free but if people want to donate for that then they can do that whenever they want!

Any excess should be donated to the trust and the walk they are doing. However we should not skimp on what we get AB

Or maybe let the donators decide about any excess, after all they donated for a specific reason, not necessarily for the zones running costs.

Before you jump on my comment, i know the zone isn't run for free but if people want to donate for that then they can do that whenever they want!

The Zone walks a tightrope with monies.

We don't make any profit as such, but we need to keep a little in reserve as we are funded, in the main, by our few sponsors and companies can decide not to sponsor us at very short notice.

It costs, with server fees, accountant fees, licence fees around £3000 per annum and our sponsors monies do not cover all our costs, hence our annual plea for monies.

From the very start of shrimperzone.comlimited we said we did not want to carry advert, pop-ups and the like --- we wanted the site to be about SUFC without fighting our way through adverts all over the site , as others do, just to provide money.

None of us take any wage from the site either.

We want the Zone to remain a free site because, as has been stated, we do not have masses of people donating for things and I am sure we could not generate many people paying say, £20-30 every year to keep it going if we had no sponsors.

I hope that is transparent enough.

So, as the total has been reached it makes Dubai's decision so much easier on the donation front doesn't it?

No but there are a lot of members and only a small amount donate. I have donated and would like to see a total raised.

We are all quick to jump on Ron Martin and ask him where the money has gone. Maybe some transparency is needed here.

I re-read my post and hoped you wouldn't take it personally as it wasn't meant that way. Thankfully you didn't, and I do agree that lots of members and not a great amount needed to collected.

As Ken has already said, any amount over what's required should go into the Shrimperzone kitty to help keep this fabulous site running

Hey, I didn't want to offend anyone. But open discussions are good...when I fundraise I always tell the donators what has been contributed and what my target is.

Now people can decide what to donate towards. If we are already at the target for a frame, could we do something in addition to this if people still wish to contribute to Adam?

When I get a chance, I'll donate AED100 to the up keep of the zone. It's a good place to keep up to date whilst stuck out in the sun.

Thanks.

and still the donations roll in.

Thanks very much to all those who have sent money in, we will need to make contact with the man himself for a presentation.

:thanks:

Well now it seems peace prevails on this thread, I will sort the photos out at some stage this week and we will take it from there and show you the proof (Ha)

Thanks to you all who kindly donated to this cause, we do try our best honestly to do what is right by you all.. As Ken said, sometimes owning and running this site is a loveless cause, but we still do it for YOU!

X

Donation just made , but if I put the decimal in the wrong place ( due to age and failing eyesight ) I want a refund.
Great work guys with all that you do.
Without the Zone , I would need to find other excuses to ignore my wife !

Back