• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Administration is not the end of the world

I think we all know that we cannot survive as we are currently and at the end of the day, that IS Ron Martin's fault.

I agree with the first part of the sentence entirely but only in a small part with the second. You're right in that we can't survive as we are, but it's just as true that we couldn't survive as we were when Ron took over. We were hemorrhaging cash and sinking fast even then.

Ron's in charge so the buck stops there. However, we've known for years that, in order to survive, we'd need a combination of tight fiscal management and new revenue streams. While we've clearly made improvements in our fiscal management, this has been offset by the significant funds required to enable us to realise those same new revenue streams. To say it is one person's fault and disregard all the other circumstances is hugely uncharitable.

We're now so much closer than we have ever been to achieving our aims yet for so many reason (many of which have been beyond our control), we're still so very far away.

If you want an analogy, we can see the shore but as we've laboured towards it, the tide has been slowly and consistently turning against us. Our over-stressed engine has consequently run out of petrol and we're now paddling against that same tide to get us to land. We may get there, we may not, but we've known for a long time that it's going to be slow and painful. We can apportion all the blame to the man at the rudder for not having enough spare cans of petrol or a large enough sail, but sometimes whatever you do, it's simply not enough.

the downside is the 10 points (Tilly and Brush's biggest challenge since keeping us out of the conference) and the fact that small creditors often suffer most when companies go in to administration. Now as the consortium have agreed to pay all debts this should not happen (hopefully if they are men of their word - their first test). Ron's other companies remain intact if I understand it and he can still aim to get finance to finance the FF development which as we know is more than a stadium. Administration in these circumstances may seem not so bad as at first sight. Business men (and that includes the SUFC board as well as the consortium) are not like football fans. They see things less emotionally.
Chin up, worse things happen at sea.

If you see the main problem being that we are going to incur a 10 point deduction and it will be the stiffest test for Tilly and Brush, then you should also see that if Administration does occur, there is more than a significant chance that Tilly and Brush will no longer be at the club. Tilly may have an emotional connection with us, but he also has a responsibility to himself, and his wife, kids and mortgage, to be working for a club that can match his ambition (God, I hate that statement!).

Not only that, it may be an issue which is forced - when Stockport went into administration, the administrators made Jim Gannon redundant to help ease costs. Now look at Stockports situation, they have an inexperuenced manager and a team made up almost entirely of youth players.

I would really love to know why the offer from the consortium was turned down, I really would.

If you see the main problem being that we are going to incur a 10 point deduction and it will be the stiffest test for Tilly and Brush, then you should also see that if Administration does occur, there is more than a significant chance that Tilly and Brush will no longer be at the club. Tilly may have an emotional connection with us, but he also has a responsibility to himself, and his wife, kids and mortgage, to be working for a club that can match his ambition (God, I hate that statement!).

Not only that, it may be an issue which is forced - when Stockport went into administration, the administrators made Jim Gannon redundant to help ease costs. Now look at Stockports situation, they have an inexperuenced manager and a team made up almost entirely of youth players.

I would really love to know why the offer from the consortium was turned down, I really would.

Maybe because that doesnt fit in with Ron's scam, sorry i mean plan.

they're on record as saying the offer stands even if we are in administration

They were also on record as saying that their deal would mean the debt would be cleared prior to the hearing and we would therefore avoid administration - The statement released by the club yesterday said any deal would not stave off the threat of administration.

Given the unwillingness of RM to sell, and we all understand why, I don't see any new consortium taking over the club unless RM's circumstances change dramatically.

They were also on record as saying that their deal would mean the debt would be cleared prior to the hearing and we would therefore avoid administration - The statement released by the club yesterday said any deal would not stave off the threat of administration.

Given the unwillingness of RM to sell, and we all understand why, I don't see any new consortium taking over the club unless RM's circumstances change dramatically.

erm SUFC is about to be taken away from Ron.

Administration will destroy the club.

First things first, we get 10 point deduction. This makes it near on impossible to escape relegation.

Secondy, our assetts are flogged, which will no doubt be Tilly, Brush, Barnard, Barrett, McCormack, Moussa,

This leaves us with a threadbare squad (possibly made up of the youth team), and unable to bring in any new players due to the transfer embargo

League 2 looms, and the fairweather fans, that have jumped on the promotion/play-off bandwagon decide they are Chelsea/West Ham/Arsenal fans all over again. Crowds drop.

The magnificent FF stadium is built and named 'RonaldLand', but with only 4,000 filling it.

Back