• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Africa

Status
Not open for further replies.
I pity your students.

um..why?:unsure:
Since I teach adults I never attempt to inculcate them with my views, though I'm quite prepared to give and justify them when asked.

(Funnily enough in the real world(as opposed to the virtual one)I'm currently teaching an intensive English course with a large group of state school teachers.Last Friday am, one of the teachers gave an excellent powerpoint presentation of her recent trip to Norway.Ironically, I thought at the time that Norway looked a really nice place to visit(my wife drove up there with a girlfriend some time before we met for a holiday and confirms my impression).I saw Nuria again this morning and asked here if she'd been on the island in the news at the weekend.Not suprisingly she hadn't.We both agreed that the weekend's events were tragic and moved on).

I think the Japanese, the Chinese and the South Koreans might beg to differ.

After reading Clavell's Shogun, it gives quite a good explaination of how europeans opened up international trade links with those three countries. It also highlights how massively more advanced Japan was in many other ways.

Can somebody explain why this continent never seems to be going anywhere? why there no infrastructure being built and they seem to always be at war?

Its hand out after hand out in aid, why do African nations find it so hard to lift out of this? Is this going to go on forever?

Again I beg the question as I have on this site many times - is it something in our genes that different races attribute different strengths and weaknesses? Why in my eyes does it seem that the 'white man' has dominated the globe through infrastructure and drive yet I cant think of the top of my head a nation of the world fully developed WITHOUT influence of white men (I could be wrong but I cant think of a nation)

How can you have equality when (if true) each race has a handicap e.g Why are 99% of the best runners of black origin?

I throw the floor open to some good (clean) debate

If anyone remembers the Lee & Herring character Curious Orange you'll know why it has just entered my thoughts.

The problem is mate is that your asking for a debate on the inadequacies of africa almost stating that africa is a single unit.

Here in lies the problem.

The majority of countries within africa are not only seperatists and unfriendly to there neighbours , but there are a vast majority that are and have been under dictatorship rule.

There are also a great majority that have had or are still raging with civil war.

The only way that africa will ever be sorted is to have a central government which rules all.

Even governements that are semi civilised such as south africa are at time lawless.

There are however more civilised country's such as Ghana Nigeria egypt etc etc that run fairly well and dont ask for any aid and are making big strides in both in economic and engineering circles.

Its a large continent that has good , bad , very bad and catastrophe.

The best they can hope for is all of the abover minus the catastrophe

The problem is mate is that your asking for a debate on the inadequacies of africa almost stating that africa is a single unit.

Here in lies the problem.

The majority of countries within africa are not only seperatists and unfriendly to there neighbours , but there are a vast majority that are and have been under dictatorship rule.

There are also a great majority that have had or are still raging with civil war.

The only way that africa will ever be sorted is to have a central government which rules all.

Even governements that are semi civilised such as south africa are at time lawless.

There are however more civilised country's such as Ghana Nigeria egypt etc etc that run fairly well and dont ask for any aid and are making big strides in both in economic and engineering circles.

Its a large continent that has good , bad , very bad and catastrophe.

The best they can hope for is all of the abover minus the catastrophe
Be like if say Europe created some kind of union ;)

um..why?:unsure:
Since I teach adults I never attempt to inculcate them with my views, though I'm quite prepared to give and justify them when asked.

(Funnily enough in the real world(as opposed to the virtual one)I'm currently teaching an intensive English course with a large group of state school teachers.Last Friday am, one of the teachers gave an excellent powerpoint presentation of her recent trip to Norway.Ironically, I thought at the time that Norway looked a really nice place to visit(my wife drove up there with a girlfriend some time before we met for a holiday and confirms my impression).I saw Nuria again this morning and asked here if she'd been on the island in the news at the weekend.Not suprisingly she hadn't.We both agreed that the weekend's events were tragic and moved on).

Then by implication you're suggesting that you would impose your views if you were teaching children. Surely a gross abuse of responsibility, and perhaps an explanation as to why we spawn so many young adult left wing crazies in this country.

What an awful analogy. So everything that we do when interacting with adults we do the opposite for children? That's what the implication is, which is plainly ridiculous.

It seems, too, that it's the right wing crazies for which people have to keep an eye on at the moment.

Then by implication you're suggesting that you would impose your views if you were teaching children. Surely a gross abuse of responsibility, and perhaps an explanation as to why we spawn so many young adult left wing crazies in this country.

Absolute nonsense.I have a PGCE in Social Studies/Remedial English.When I was teaching Politics or History to secondary school children,I was always careful to be as objective,detached and neutral as possible.

What an awful analogy. So everything that we do when interacting with adults we do the opposite for children? That's what the implication is, which is plainly ridiculous.

It seems, too, that it's the right wing crazies for which people have to keep an eye on at the moment.

Expressio unius est exclusio alterius - innit?

I'm not.Just trying to debate the issues as I see them.Isn't thatwhat freespeech is supposed to be all about?:unsure:

I think you lost your right to debate anything the second you said that right wingers on here would be happy that Norweigan scum murdered those innocent people...TBH, I'm surprised you have the balls to still be on here, but someone with your views is so thick skinned it's nothing to u.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back