• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Alan Lee- A disgrace to Football

Thanks beefy , U said in one line what I took 4 paras to say .

I promise to get better !

I'm not slating Bradbury, he does his job well which ever increasingly seems to be the role where he holds the ball up and brings others into play. But, at this stage of the season we need two strikers up top who can put the ball in the onion bag and in my opinion Foran is more capable of doing this.

I'm not slating Bradbury, he does his job well which ever increasingly seems to be the role where he holds the ball up and brings others into play. But, at this stage of the season we need two strikers up top who can put the ball in the onion bag and in my opinion Foran is more capable of doing this.

Yeah, but why do you think Foran is more likely to score goals than Bradbury is? He may do, and I obviously hope that he does, but he only has three league goals from open play to his name this season which isn't exactly prolific.

Still, give me Foran upfront over Bradbury any day, he's much more of a goal threat. I don't expect him to start on Tuesday night though which is a shame

Didn't show much of a threat in the reserves last week - and that was against the reserve side of a Conference team.:mad:

I thought Ipswich were a bunch of cheating tossers when we played them at the hall, particularly Lee who was worse than Dogbra for diving.
Definately got his just deserts yesterday.

Last edited:
Players should be fined and given a suspension for diving, no doubt about it.
That cheating prick Arjen Robben is an embarrassment to the beautiful game, he enfuriates me and deserves a smack round the chops.

He may do, and I obviously hope that he does, but he only has three league goals from open play to his name this season which isn't exactly prolific.

But that is playing as a wide midfielder. I think Foran's track-record, along with the few times I've seen him play, shows he will carry more of a goal threat than Bradbury playing up front. He is certainly better in the air than Bradbury too but can Foran bring what Bradders does to the team as a whole?

Also, we should remember that our only two wins in Foran's time here (QPR and Ipswich) have also been the only two games he has not spent any time on the pitch. Probably a coincidence but...

He came on against QPR! I think we were already 3-0 up at the time but he definitely played in that game.

Yeah, but why do you think Foran is more likely to score goals than Bradbury is? He may do, and I obviously hope that he does, but he only has three league goals from open play to his name this season which isn't exactly prolific.

Isn't this interesting. Should Bradbury be 'rested' debate with Foran going to take over and be a better prospect. The thread started about Alan Lee, who was a prat today, but up was a handful (no pun intended) up to the moment he was sent off. I think the two centre halves breathed a big sigh of relief when he departed. I don't belive Bradbury is close to Lee's threat, and sadly was getting slower and slower through the match. Foran is untried, and could be worse, but I suspect he is the Mccormack mode of throwing himself about to get the right result.

He is certainly better in the air than Bradbury too but can Foran bring what Bradders does to the team as a whole?

Is he though ?

He won every header against a short Palace fullback, but next to nothing against the Leicester one.

Bradbury wins plenty of headers and until Foran plays up against Centre backs I dont see how it can be said he is better in the air.

Certainly agree that its unknown whether Foran can hold the ball up etc.

PS Alan Lee is indeed a cheat and for once the cheat never prospered!

I third that, his dive in the box was disgraceful and he also threw himself to the ground like he's been shot on at least two other occasions!

Prick!

According to him it wasn't a dive. Mind you, he also said this about the hand ball:-

"And when the ball was floated in from a freekick I was pushed off balance from behind as I challenged with two others. The handball was accidental. The tape clearly shows this."

Which kind of undermines his credibility. I mean, since when has a push (assuming there was an invisible one) in the back cause your arms to rise into the air?

According to him it wasn't a dive. Mind you, he also said this about the hand ball:-

"And when the ball was floated in from a freekick I was pushed off balance from behind as I challenged with two others. The handball was accidental. The tape clearly shows this."

Which kind of undermines his credibility. I mean, since when has a push (assuming there was an invisible one) in the back cause your arms to rise into the air?

At least he didnt claim the 'hand of God' put the ball in the net!

Lol, what a nobend!

Back