• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News Alan McCormack Signs

Really could be the turning point if his fitness holds up.Nice to have some positive news after yesterday.Will definitely help the youngsters and set a standard for them.

If he stays fit I’m over the moon. Absolutely loved him first time round and was gutted when he left. Met him out in Southend just after he joined Charlton and drunkenly told him as much too ??‍♂️

Absolutely everything we needed. Make him captain immediately.

A few reservations about the signing for me. Age, injuries and Ron's obvious involvement. However, looking at the short term future of the club (both on and off the field such is our predicament) then Macca re-signing does improve the 11 so that has to be a positive.

We’ve said before we shouldn’t sign ex hero’s who are ‘past it’... what’s different now?

We have a very youthful team that needs a little injection of experience and he's only on a deal until January, rather than being given a 3 year contract.

We’ve said before we shouldn’t sign ex hero’s who are ‘past it’... what’s different now?
I'm normally in the same boat but he's not an aged (ex-)player with a terrible record in the years before signing back up with us, e.g Eastwood and Barnard, and he's got the sort of positional versatility we currently need given there's a dearth in experience or similar aged pros without poor injury records, and he should be a good voice to have around the dressing room who's been here in near-similarly cruddy times. Wasn't top of anyone's list but wouldn't say no to him either right now!

I've been going for over 35 years now and never have I seen such a terrible squad/team. We literally have children playing for us. Forget who the player is and ask does this player improve our chance of scraping survival this season... The clear r answer is yes, this player just happens to be macca... In his last few seasons has had success after success a serial winner at this stage of his career..... Yes please all day long and twice on Sundays.

Back