• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Anna Firth - unsung hero!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is anyone on these pages now in a position to share the work that got us to this stage?

I think it's important these people are recognised for getting us to this point And I'm not sure people would know of their efforts and what part they played
That is very important. There are several people who have been instrumental in helping us to get to this stage. One of whom is Paul FitzGerald, Chairman of the Shrimpers Trust, who has worked quietly, tirelessly and unpaid to help the Club, supporters and the consortium in reaching this welcome position of an ownership change. We must not forget these efforts.

Last edited:
I dont get into politics believe there all as bad as each other, when i lived in australia and the elections came up i used to vote for the Sex Party ,yes there was a Sex Party. anyway take it has it is , but one things the footy clubs have and i believe stil have is a number 1 ticket holder, normally some one famous or a politician, perhaps Anna Can be honoured by becoming SUFCs #1 ticket holder .

As to the politics I have never voted in my life. I’d like to think there are a few good constituent MPs of all persuasions among the current dross. If anyone really thinks this was done for vote winning they’re sadly deluded. I’m guessing 80 percent of the Borough either couldn’t give a toss (or worse) about what happens with the club.

As to the politics I have never voted in my life. I’d like to think there are a few good constituent MPs of all persuasions among the current dross. If anyone really thinks this was done for vote winning they’re sadly deluded. I’m guessing 80 percent of the Borough either couldn’t give a toss (or worse) about what happens with the club.
Agree with the last bit, though to be honest perhaps Southend residents should be a bit prouder of its community assets. So well done Anna.

Hi all, is the general consensus that we will or will not get a bouquet of flowers? I’m happy to chip in a tenner as I feel the club is partly where it is are due to Anna’s involvement.

That is very important. There are several people who have been instrumental in helping us to get to this stage. One of whom is Paul FitzGerald, Chairman of the Shrimpers Trust, who has worked quietly, tirelessly and unpaid to help the Club, supporters and the consortium in reaching this welcome position of an ownership change. We must not forget these efforts.
Paul has worked tremendously hard for years, but especially in the last 15 months. He has done more for this club that most fans could possibly comprehend and has played an enormous role in representing the fans with dignity and intelligence when it mattered.

We should all be extremely grateful for his efforts. Anna would not have worked as hard as she has if Paul hadn't been speaking to her. She originally went to court in support of SUFC under Ron, two months later she joined the Shrimpers Trust.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back